Check your account email address ×

Bad ass

Pete

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Pete said:

383. Originally was a 350/300 hp. It’s the original block.

Oh thats badass is right.  That fucker will spin!!  I hope you have some youngsters around to teach that stuff to.  Kids today don't know what a fucking carb is even....

Just now, poopooforme said:

Oh thats badass is right.  That fucker will spin!!  I hope you have some youngsters around to teach that stuff to.  Kids today don't know what a fucking carb is even....

The younger kids are into fuel injected super charged motors. Oh course it’s going to make huge power with a blower but try it with a single carb. 

kids today will never experience what we did, even if they have the cars. it was a different time. i grew up around hot rods, going to the store in a 66 impala ss, 69 chevelle , 70 nova ss, etc. always something with a big block in the yard. my mom has a picture of me grinning in the passenger seat of my uncle's 63 split window. big smile after he took me for a tire burning ride. the amount of tire burning we did in those times was amazing. everything now has traction or traction control. i can remember on my way home from school swinging in to dairy queen, and blowing donuts out back in my 65 chevy 2. don't see many doing that shit anymore

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Pete said:

Fuck politics.. 

Definitely agree 👍, sounds badass. My bud has a 69 nova just a 350 with little work done yours sounds better. I did a cowl, dash and around the pillars 3 years ago in my old garage over the winter. It was rotted to hell and poured water into the car every time he got caught in rain.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

kids today will never experience what we did, even if they have the cars. it was a different time. i grew up around hot rods, going to the store in a 66 impala ss, 69 chevelle , 70 nova ss, etc. always something with a big block in the yard. my mom has a picture of me grinning in the passenger seat of my uncle's 63 split window. big smile after he took me for a tire burning ride. the amount of tire burning we did in those times was amazing. everything now has traction or traction control. i can remember on my way home from school swinging in to dairy queen, and blowing donuts out back in my 65 chevy 2. don't see many doing that shit anymore

Yeah I was born right in the middle of the party but none the less I still experienced years of hot rod Chevrolets. My dad was huge Chevrolet fan. I still remember shifting the 65 Chevelle SS when I would sit on the driveshaft tunnel lol

There will never be another experience like it was from 1950-1970. Just glad I got involved thanks to family members and friends. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, Pete said:

The younger kids are into fuel injected super charged motors. Oh course it’s going to make huge power with a blower but try it with a single carb. 

A friend of mine just finished up his motor on his Nova. 

Before

Screenshot_20221115_074540.jpg

Screenshot_20221115_074522.jpg

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Looks like 1973 nova. 
resto mod. Hybrid. 
sorry not a fan of it.

Hes had it for as long as I've known him. It was basically stock for the longest time and had been sitting for 10+ years. He was going through a shitty deal with his ex. That's over now and he's been doing alot of changes to it. 

Screenshot_20221115_075117.jpg

• Gold Member
Just now, Steve753 said:

Hes had it for as long as I've known him. It was basically stock for the longest time and had been sitting for 10+ years. He was going through a shitty deal with his ex. That's over now and he's been doing alot of changes to it. 

Screenshot_20221115_075117.jpg

Looks like 6.0 truck motor with that intake ...thats a big turbo I bet it makes 700hp easy 

11 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Looks like 6.0 truck motor with that intake ...thats a big turbo I bet it makes 700hp easy 

It's 800+. I can't remember what motor he said he started off with. I messaged him.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

It's 800+. I can't remember what motor he said he started off with. I messaged him.

well it's got a big turbo , that will interest the younger crowd. all they do is talk, ko4 turbo , big this big that. i asked a young guy i know who managed to find a mazda miata. starts out chopping it up, i was like what are you thinking? kid is all talk, i asked if he knew what 4.10 , 3.73 meant. no idea. no car knowledge at all. but he does have a tik tok video with a million views. stupid shit putting air in a tire with a welding helmet on yelling some shit. people ate it up. life is gonna be rough for him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

well it's got a big turbo , that will interest the younger crowd. all they do is talk, ko4 turbo , big this big that. i asked a young guy i know who managed to find a mazda miata. starts out chopping it up, i was like what are you thinking? kid is all talk, i asked if he knew what 4.10 , 3.73 meant. no idea. no car knowledge at all. but he does have a tik tok video with a million views. stupid shit putting air in a tire with a welding helmet on yelling some shit. people ate it up. life is gonna be rough for him. 

He likes his turbos. He's got one on his 03 Sierra and his Renegade Atv. Don't think his G8 has one though.