Check your account email address ×

Exactly was was Pluto downgraded to a “dwarf planet”?

Rod

• Gold Member

im going to misspell cater belt, but that was the explanation given to me. the solar systems surrounded by orbiting rocks all about the size of pluto. so they declassified it as a planet and just another one of those outer rocks

Just now, ZR800efi said:

im going to misspell cater belt, but that was the explanation given to me. the solar systems surrounded by orbiting rocks all about the size of pluto. so they declassified it as a planet and just another one of those outer rocks

Wasn’t just the Kuiper belt. There was already the asteroid belt, and now objects way out in the Oort Cloud. We really could have like 40-50 planets by now otherwise. 

the drama was basically because everyone already accepted and was taught that Pluto was a planet. But they simply couldn’t draw the line and keep Pluto as a planet. Unfortunately it had to go as well. 

if it wasn’t for the myriad of Pluto-like objects out there then Pluto would likely still be planet 9

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Wasn’t just the Kuiper belt. There was already the asteroid belt, and now objects way out in the Oort Cloud. We really could have like 40-50 planets by now otherwise. 

the drama was basically because everyone already accepted and was taught that Pluto was a planet. But they simply couldn’t draw the line and keep Pluto as a planet. Unfortunately it had to go as well. 

if it wasn’t for the myriad of Pluto-like objects out there then Pluto would likely still be planet 9

i think were saying the samething pretty much.

there was also talk of a huge gravitational pull once outside the belt, indicating a huge planet which again ..sumarians ...

Just now, ZR800efi said:

i think were saying the samething pretty much.

there was also talk of a huge gravitational pull once outside the belt, indicating a huge planet which again ..sumarians ...

Yeah the hunt for planet 9 is still going. Konstantin Batygin goes into it pretty deep. He says something with a mass of about 3-5 earths is herding objects in the Kuiper belt but still nothing has been found 

It’s not quite the same as when they used Uranus odd orbit to pinpoint Neptune because these objects are way to far out to get a reading on their orbits yet because we’re talking orbital times of up to tens of thousands of years 

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yeah the hunt for planet 9 is still going. Konstantin Batygin goes into it pretty deep. He says something with a mass of about 3-5 earths is herding objects in the Kuiper belt but still nothing has been found 

It’s not quite the same as when they used Uranus odd orbit to pinpoint Neptune because these objects are way to far out to get a reading on their orbits yet because we’re talking orbital times of up to tens of thousands of years 

its exciting stuff. ive always been of the mind were not the only ones anyway. in reality, when you factor in unlimited planets and stars, were not the only fluke in the cosmos. zero fucking chance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

its exciting stuff. ive always been of the mind were not the only ones anyway. in reality, when you factor in unlimited planets and stars, were not the only fluke in the cosmos. zero fucking chance.

Very possible but also very possible we will never know due to the vastness of space and time 

7 hours ago, ZR800efi said:

If you haven't watched it yet, give it a go. The coverup, censorship over the years is astounding. Not a chance, which I've believed as long as I can remember, we are alone.

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, irv said:

If you haven't watched it yet, give it a go. The coverup, censorship over the years is astounding. Not a chance, which I've believed as long as I can remember, we are alone.

oh yeah im familar with greer and all that.i seen this long ago. if you didn't see bob lazars stuff, id recommend watching that stuff as well.sounds as legit a guy as you can get and hes got a wild background story.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Are those planets all flat like the earth? 

Asking for a former member. :news:

Havn't seen that dude around in a while

It's almost as if he just fell off the edge of the earth.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

i wonder what the response be now if aliens actually did land and attempt to interact with humans in todays society.

at any other time in history, the consequences to peoples belief systems would be too much to handle and mass panic would ensue.

but today i doubt anyone would look up from there cell phones .they would just find the you tube live stream and write ' fake ', 'gay ', photoshopped '...you idiots dont really believe this shit do you ???' etc etc