Check your account email address ×

Russia ..

Russia is harassing U.S. diplomats all over Europe

Russia_US_Spying_00508.jpg?uuid=8W8w0LyY
A Russian policeman stands in front of an entrance of the U.S. Embassy in Moscow in 2013. (Ivan Sekretarev/Associated Press)
By Josh Rogin June 27 at 7:01 AM 

Russian intelligence and security services have been waging a campaign of harassment and intimidation against U.S. diplomats, embassy staff and their families in Moscow and several other European capitals that has rattled ambassadors and prompted Secretary of State John F. Kerry to ask Vladimir Putin to put a stop to it.

At a recent meeting of U.S. ambassadors from Russia and Europe in Washington, U.S. ambassadors to several European countries complained that Russian intelligence officials were constantly perpetrating acts of harassment against their diplomatic staff that ranged from the weird to the downright scary. Some of the intimidation has been routine: following diplomats or their family members, showing up at their social events uninvited or paying reporters to write negative stories about them.

But many of the recent acts of intimidation by Russian security services have crossed the line into apparent criminality. In a series of secret memos sent back to Washington, described to me by several current and former U.S. officials who have written or read them, diplomats reported that Russian intruders had broken into their homes late at night, only to rearrange the furniture or turn on all the lights and televisions, and then leave. One diplomat reported that an intruder had defecated on his living room carpet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/russia-is-harassing-us-diplomats-all-over-europe/2016/06/26/968d1a5a-3bdf-11e6-84e8-1580c7db5275_story.html

iframe>

Edited by Capt.Storm

8 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

In the vid after Putin first says he doesn't want a cold war again did you see his shit eating grin..fucker.

I can't see CNN I was listening to it on satellite radio while working, got it in the big rig

14 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

CNN was saying they killed a family pet too.......fucking dickheads

In the vid after Putin first says he doesn't want a cold war again did you see his shit eating grin..fucker.

Edited by Capt.Storm

4 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

Coming from the MSM... I wonder what is really happening 

Interesting ..good thought.

2 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I can't see CNN I was listening to it on satellite radio while working, got it in the big rig

Ah..it's in my link though.

You're not with the recycling deal anymore?

Edited by Capt.Storm

I don't trust much of the mainstream news anymore.  I think it's half-assed lies and bullshit for the lib masses.

Quite frankly, there probably is some "Tom-foolery" going on though.  And Putin is doing the same thing about it that Obama and Hillary are doing about the Trump protesters.

The fact is, we are now perceived as weak all over the world.  And we will be taken advantage of at every opportunity.  And if Hillary takes the seat....wow.  Our strength will be perceived as laughable and there will not be much we can do about it.  The Dems have put themselves in a place that makes "striking back" at our enemies of the poorest of tastes.......oh, and "racist".

And if "our side" overseas wasn't instructed by our regime to be causing a stir of their own by irritating the natives and trying to tip balances....well, this wouldn't be happening.  So, they/we deserve it.

Hard truths.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I don't trust much of the mainstream news anymore.  I think it's half-assed lies and bullshit for the lib masses.

Quite frankly, there probably is some "Tom-foolery" going on though.  And Putin is doing the same thing about it that Obama and Hillary are doing about the Trump protesters.

The fact is, we are now perceived as weak all over the world.  And we will be taken advantage of at every opportunity.  And if Hillary takes the seat....wow.  Our strength will be perceived as laughable and there will not be much we can do about it.  The Dems have put themselves in a place that makes "striking back" at our enemies of the poorest of tastes.......oh, and "racist".

And if "our side" overseas wasn't instructed by our regime to be causing a stir of their own by irritating the natives and trying to tip balances....well, this wouldn't be happening.  So, they/we deserve it.

Hard truths.

Blaming dems is silly. Putin does not give a shit which ass clown resides in the white house. He hates them all.

7 minutes ago, Boered said:

Blaming dems is silly. Putin does not give a shit which ass clown resides in the white house. He hates them all.

It's not about liking or hating with him or most of the world's leaders.  It's about respect.  And for some, respect is fear.  We should be ready to earn either/or from anyone.  We currently do not.

Edited by Zambroski

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's not about liking or hating with him or most of the world's leaders.  It's about respect.  And for some, respect is fear.  We should be ready to earn either/or from anyone.  We currently do not.

Putin respects nobody. Are you not paying any attention?

• Gold Member

Russia has learned it can do what it wants as there is no repercussions.....  Its not like the US is going to do anything to Russia for harassing and playing games with US diplomats.

Most countries know this as well.

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Russia has learned it can do what it wants as there is no repercussions.....  Its not like the US is going to do anything to Russia for harassing and playing games with US diplomats.

Most countries know this as well.

Surely N.Korea does.

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Surely N.Korea does.

I think most countries know that they can kind of do what they want and the worst thing that would happen is sanctions.  But bucking the US and getting sanctions slapped on ya gets you a few allies that we have sanctions on as well as well as countries like China will back you if you have US sanctions on you

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I think most countries know that they can kind of do what they want and the worst thing that would happen is sanctions.  But bucking the US and getting sanctions slapped on ya gets you a few allies that we have sanctions on as well as well as countries like China will back you if you have US sanctions on you

yep.

Push comes to shove they all will unite.

Edited by Capt.Storm