Check your account email address ×

Wisconsin Gov. Evers let out 270 murderers on parole

Governor Tony Evers is behind the release of violent criminals in Wisconsin, and almost no one in the national media is talking about it. According to Wisconsinrightnow.com (WRN) reporting, Evers’ Parole Commission “has released at least 884 convicted criminals, freeing them early on parole mostly into Wisconsin communities, including more than 270 murderers and attempted murderers, and more than 44 child rapists.” All of the paroles have been discretionary. “Many were serving life sentences, which don’t qualify for mandatory release.”

WRN is now tracking paroles through public records requests of the state Department of Corrections database and is posting a series on the details of the crimes committed by the felons on Twitter. To search the database, enter the felon’s name into the form and click on the “movement” tab.

https://www.uncoverdc.com/2022/09/19/evers-parole-policy-freeing-rapists-and-killers-in-wisconsin/

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

And the parole board never let the victim's families know about it, so that they would have to opportunity to come to the hearings and object.

or load the shotgun. you know, if it isn't already

11 hours ago, BOHICA said:

They let out that Steven Avery guy that made Wisconsin famous and showed what the majority of the population of the great state appears to be like?

Charge your little toy car up leaching off your neighbor's electric and pay a visit to the state to find out.

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, Doug said:

Charge your little toy car up leaching off your neighbor's electric and pay a visit to the state to find out.

Why would I be leaching off my neighbors electricity?  I got plenty of my own.

More on the bullshit

MADISON, Wis. – Gov. Tony Evers is beseeching the chairman of the Wisconsin Parole Commission to reconsider the decision to release a man from prison after serving only 25 years of the 80-year sentence he was given when found guilty of stabbing his 23-year-old wife 42 times in front of their children in 1997.

Johanna Balsewicz’ family met with Evers and his chief-of-staff Maggie Gau at his office Friday demanding the governor overturn the decision. While Evers himself doesn’t have the ability to reverse the decision, his appointed chairman of the Wisconsin Parole Commission, John Tate does.

“Governor Evers has the power to get Tate out of office and get this overturned,” Johanna’s sister said in a video that filmed the encounter. “We know and we’re not going to stand for ‘Well there’s nothing I can do.’ You put him into office. Obviously the people that approved him doesn’t have a family member’s murderer in jail.”

https://wtmj.com/news/2022/05/13/gov-evers-beseeches-wisconsin-parole-commission-chair-to-reconsider-releasing-murderer/