Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

29 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

:bong:  25 hits maybe!  

Not into that. Quit smoking 12 years ago. Never tried the whacky stuff. Just facts from me here on my findings. 

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well, you don't know shit! It works for me. Could care less what a whack job thinks. 

I forgot how you'll never admit to being wrong and can't back anything up with facts 

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I forgot how you'll never admit to being wrong and can't back anything up with facts 

I have no problem admitting when wrong. Just not wrong on this one as it worked. Only time I had my scratchers down after installing the flares was on super hardpack or bare ice. Can't fix stupid. That being you. 

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I have no problem admitting when wrong. Just not wrong on this one as it worked. Only time I had my scratchers down after installing the flares was on super hardpack or bare ice. Can't fix stupid. That being you. 

yes, you're wrong and can't factually back it up... as usual.

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

I live in a fact based world 

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yes, you're wrong and can't factually back it up... as usual.

I don't have to back it up. It works for me. You have to prove me wrong, and I know you will try, but you will fail. I know the facts on this. You would argue your coffee is too hot and your ice cream is too cold. One of those stupid fuckers.

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

I don't have to back it up. It works for me. You have to prove me wrong, and I know you will try, but you will fail. I know the facts on this. You would argue your coffee is too hot and your ice cream is too cold. One of those stupid fuckers.

maybe in your mind... but not on an actual temperature gauge.  

as previously asked, if they aided in cooling why wouldn't Cat also market or mention that as a potential benefit? 

just a pig headed fool... 

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe in your mind... but not on an actual temperature gauge.  

as previously asked, if they aided in cooling why wouldn't Cat also market or mention that as a potential benefit? 

just a pig headed fool... 

The temp gauge is on my sled you fucking idiot! Where does the snow they deflect go? Into the track and tunnel. It works for me. I could care less if you believe it or not. It works!

12 hours ago, Not greg b said:

You ain’t cool until you pee your pants and install this. 

IMG_4223.jpeg

After modifying the hood to fit twin pipes i had to go to lowes to make my vent screens.

Screenshot_20240320_073532_Photos.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not into that. Quit smoking 12 years ago. Never tried the whacky stuff. Just facts from me here on my findings. 

Thinking maybe you should try some? 5-10 MG gummies  make you relax and sleep better. And its legal in your state. Drinking alcohol will kill you WAY faster then some THC > Fact

Just now, jonlafon1 said:

Thinking maybe you should try some? 5-10 MG gummies  make you relax and sleep better. And its legal in your state. Drinking alcohol will kill you WAY faster then some THC > Fact

Between CRN2 (WTF is that anyway) and you, I will stick to facts. 

9 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

The temp gauge is on my sled you fucking idiot! Where does the snow they deflect go? Into the track and tunnel. It works for me. I could care less if you believe it or not. It works!

so you rode it without the flares and took a reading.  then installed the flares and took another reading.  was this on the same day, same trail and within an hour or so? 

see, I actually did all that at the same time I installed the flares and scratchers with the torsion springs set back on two.   no scratchers same operating temp with the flares, scratchers down and the temp dropped an average of 8-12 degrees on the same two miles of groomed snow covered trail along the highway Q ditch.  it's the same trail I test clutch setups on close to the shop as I can try a setup, come back, change and test again within 15 minutes.  

is that even similar to the extent of product validation you did?  I very much doubt it as you're a simpleton. 

idk how many times you've proven yourself the fool here or every other sled site but I'm pretty sure @krom has a running tab for them so maybe he'll add this tunnel flare belief malarkey to the list.

:)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

what's up with the new magical Catalyst gearing?  :snack:

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Okay. If you actually think those plastic pieces work great use them, but when you say the word facts > you need to back that shit up with pics and or common sense explanation on here. 

Just not that much snow hitting those flares, they are to far outside the track width. Hard pack snow from overnight grooming is where the issues are. Those flares do nothing but stop little ice chunks from hitting you in the back of the head when your on tighter twisty trails. 

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's up with the new magical Catalyst gearing?  :snack:

Ill answer for him!  Not a fucking thing because its not the gears that's causing no top end. Its the helix and LIGHT clutch weights not pulling the belt up high enough in the primary/overdrive. 

Edited by jonlafon1

12 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Okay. If you actually think those plastic pieces work great use them, but when you say the word facts > you need to back that shit up with pics and or common sense explanation on here. 

Just not that much snow hitting those flares, they are to far outside the track width. Hard pack snow from overnight grooming is where the issues are. Those flares do nothing but stop little ice chunks from hitting you in the back of the head when your on tighter twisty trails. 

it's all quite funny actually

I put the flares on because I know how much shit the wire scratchers can whip up and knew that people had previously complained about how much snow the Procross threw back up towards the rider.  

As an example... 

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/tunnel-flares.1573186/post-16728154

the taper and cut of the PC/Catalyst rear tunnel is considerably higher compared to the SP which allows more snow dust to vortex back towards the rider.  the flares kick the dust out and away from the back of the sled at speed the way they're shaped and positioned.  see picture.  

tunnel taper.jpg

the flares weren't designed, engineered or marketed to aid in cooling... except in the simpletons mind. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so you rode it without the flares and took a reading.  then installed the flares and took another reading.  was this on the same day, same trail and within an hour or so? 

see, I actually did all that at the same time I installed the flares and scratchers with the torsion springs set back on two.   no scratchers same operating temp with the flares, scratchers down and the temp dropped an average of 8-12 degrees on the same two miles of groomed snow covered trail along the highway Q ditch.  it's the same trail I test clutch setups on close to the shop as I can try a setup, come back, change and test again within 15 minutes.  

is that even similar to the extent of product validation you did?  I very much doubt it as you're a simpleton. 

idk how many times you've proven yourself the fool here or every other sled site but I'm pretty sure @krom has a running tab for them so maybe he'll add this tunnel flare belief malarkey to the list.

:)

Just because they didn't work for you on that one day in those specific conditions does not mean they don't work in any conditions.  You have a long ways to go in the testing world

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's all quite funny actually

I put the flares on because I know how much shit the wire scratchers can whip up and knew that people had previously complained about how much snow the Procross threw back up towards the rider.  

As an example... 

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/tunnel-flares.1573186/post-16728154

the taper and cut of the PC/Catalyst rear tunnel is considerably higher compared to the SP which allows more snow dust to vortex back towards the rider.  the flares kick the dust out and away from the back of the sled at speed the way they're shaped and positioned.  see picture.  

tunnel taper.jpg

the flares weren't designed, engineered or marketed to aid in cooling... except in the simpletons mind. 

Yup. Spot on.

Just like the "racer gear set"   :whiteflag: . 

19 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Just because they didn't work for you on that one day in those specific conditions does not mean they don't work in any conditions.  You have a long ways to go in the testing world

ok, in what hypothetical scenario are they putting snow back into the track or skid? 

if you're riding on snow what benefit will be gained? 

if you're riding on hard pack or ice what benefit will be gained? 

in either scenario... no scratchers

:news:

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ok, in what hypothetical scenario are they putting snow back into the track or skid? 

if you're riding on snow what benefit will be gained? 

if you're riding on hard pack or ice what benefit will be gained? 

in either scenario... no scratchers

:news:

The fact that they're designed to deflect snow from leaving the tunnel and hitting the rider or getting on the back of the machine.  You can't think of a world where any of that deflected snow ends up back in the tunnel, not one single flake?  Really?  That's your hard stance?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

The fact that they're designed to deflect snow from leaving the tunnel and hitting the rider or getting on the back of the machine.  You can't think of a world where any of that deflected snow ends up back in the tunnel, not one single flake?  Really?  That's your hard stance?

not enough to move the temp gauge 

you in fact nailed the biggest issue already, the snow flap

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

Ill answer for him!  Not a fucking thing because its not the gears that's causing no top end. Its the helix and LIGHT clutch weights not pulling the belt up high enough in the primary/overdrive. 

The claim from Thunder Products on social media about the stock belt being too short has come up again (Snow Tech infomericial).  Has anyone tried that to see if TP might actually be right?

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

not enough to move the temp gauge 

you in fact nailed the biggest issue already, the snow flap

It deflects it downward and inward. I can verify a 25 degree difference on groomed trails. I ran the same trails with my 2018 without and with, same day. Sorry you are to fucking stupid to understand. 

19 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

It deflects it downward and inward. I can verify a 25 degree difference on groomed trails. I ran the same trails with my 2018 without and with, same day. Sorry you are to fucking stupid to understand. 

no, it doesn't... 

54 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

The claim from Thunder Products on social media about the stock belt being too short has come up again (Snow Tech infomericial).  Has anyone tried that to see if TP might actually be right?

I would not doubt the belt is wrong(slightly off) from CAT they have not clutched a sled very well for many years. The guys at Thunder figured it out(or will with better time and snow) weather it be clutch weights or a shorter, and or a stickier belt compound. I have not tried a different belt, but just adding more weight and playing with clutching components has yielded good results by several on here. Im only able to say I made mine produce less belt dust, lower over revs, and was able to pull the belt up higher for better top end. I will be sending out my clutch(adapt) over to Terry at thunder and let him balance it out and do what's needed to get some more performance. I have absolutely no doubt in his ability to make a clutch produce more overdrive. He has done it for me with other clutches in the past. I don't do Facebook so I don't know if he has provided evidence to his numbers he claims for the 600 catalyst.  The season was so bad for riding that many were not even able to trail ride these new sleds. I really like what I felt and noticed on the RXC in 250 miles. My only bitch is the seat. But I thought the cooling issues that the procross showed were improved upon with the catalyst. I rode one day on very hard pack for several hours and was impressed WITHOUT scratchers.

• Like 1