Check your account email address ×

Canadian wall coming?

16 hours ago, 02sled said:

What are you on. Trudopes 25000 were not privately sponsored with a few minor exceptions from small groups such as churches . I said they can get $25k federal money and according to a immigration Canada spokesman that is accurate 

Actually we are both wrong.

Thee have been 38,000 Syrian refugees admitted to Canada since Nov 2015 of those 21,000 were government assisted, the remainder were privately sponsored.

Historically most refugees are privately sponsored, and stats show they fair far better than government assisted in the long run.

You need to take your bigot glasses off and look at things objectively.  Too late for you most likely, you're doomed to a life of bitching and moaning and doing nothing about it.

1 hour ago, Catman said:

Thee have been 38,000 Syrian refugees admitted to Canada since Nov 2015 of those 21,000 were government assisted, the remainder were privately sponsored.

Historically most refugees are privately sponsored, and stats show they fair far better than government assisted in the long run.

You need to take your bigot glasses off and look at things objectively.  Too late for you most likely, you're doomed to a life of bitching and moaning and doing nothing about it.

Would you like to show where you get the number of 21,000 being government sponsored from.

The Liberals’ pledge was clear – they had committed in their platform to accept 25,000 Syrian refugees through government sponsorship by the end of 2015. Refugees and Citizenship Minister John McCallum pushed back the original deadline by two months to the end of February, 2016.

You're suggesting that 17,000 are privately sponsored. I would like to see that number from a credible source.

I'm far from a bigot and have friends from varying ethnic backgrounds. One of my closer friends is from Somalia and one of the nicest people you would want to meet as are his family. The last person I hired was originally from Sudan... so much for your bigot assumption. The difference is they arrived here legally.

What I disagree with is those that enter the country illegally rather than comply with immigration laws and procedures, then the Canadian government handing over more tax payer money to these people than they do to Canadian born citizens in need.

11 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Would you like to show where you get the number of 21,000 being government sponsored from.

The Liberals’ pledge was clear – they had committed in their platform to accept 25,000 Syrian refugees through government sponsorship by the end of 2015. Refugees and Citizenship Minister John McCallum pushed back the original deadline by two months to the end of February, 2016.

You're suggesting that 17,000 are privately sponsored. I would like to see that number from a credible source.

I'm far from a bigot and have friends from varying ethnic backgrounds. One of my closer friends is from Somalia and one of the nicest people you would want to meet as are his family. The last person I hired was originally from Sudan... so much for your bigot assumption. The difference is they arrived here legally.

What I disagree with is those that enter the country illegally rather than comply with immigration laws and procedures, then the Canadian government handing over more tax payer money to these people than they do to Canadian born citizens in need.

Google is your friend. Its all there for you to read and see that you're incorrect....again.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Google is your friend. Its all there for you to read and see that you're incorrect....again.

I did google it and nowhere have I found the numbers to state that 21,000 of the 38,000 were government sponsored leaving 17,000 as privately sponsored. 17,000 seems like a pretty high number. I'm also looking for the breakdown on Trudopes 25,000 that he mandated without any plan would land before the end of 2015. Remember all their screwy ideas where they looked at empty cottages as temporary housing or refitting buildings in Border military for example.

19 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I did google it and nowhere have I found the numbers to state that 21,000 of the 38,000 were government sponsored leaving 17,000 as privately sponsored. 17,000 seems like a pretty high number. I'm also looking for the breakdown on Trudopes 25,000 that he mandated without any plan would land before the end of 2015. Remember all their screwy ideas where they looked at empty cottages as temporary housing or refitting buildings in Border military for example.

There was another 4000+ sponsored  since jan. 

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

Google it just like I did dummy

13 hours ago, Catman said:

Google it just like I did dummy

Then prove your numbers if it is that easy. I haven't found anything to support your claims that may well be coming out of your head. Valid sources only need apply.

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Then prove your numbers if it is that easy. I haven't found anything to support your claims that may well be coming out of your head. Valid sources only need apply.

:lol:

Your reading skills must be lacking.

4 hours ago, Dave said:

:lol:

Your reading skills must be lacking.

No my reading skills are just fine... I would suggest yours are. Perhaps you don't read enough of an article or don't understand it properly but there doesn't seem to be any that support your claims. If they are so obvious and not just numbers from your misperceptions then post it up.

14 minutes ago, 02sled said:

No my reading skills are just fine... I would suggest yours are. Perhaps you don't read enough of an article or don't understand it properly but there doesn't seem to be any that support your claims. If they are so obvious and not just numbers from your misperceptions then post it up.

Done playing your little game...I posted the link with the #s....think what you wish.

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Done playing your little game...I posted the link with the #s....think what you wish.

Well Dave... you need to read your full article and not just the first few lines. I also challenged your numbers about how many were government sponsored. You pulled those out of your head since...

Here is the link you posted and it doesn't talk about only 21,000 being government sponsored.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/fact-check-do-refugees-get-more-financial-help-than-canadian-pensioners-1.2670735

It talks in the first paragraph or two about misinformation. I'm going to guess you didn't read further.

Here is what I posted in response to your foolish idea that they only get a one time $2400

Capture2.thumb.JPG.515cea1b5807d8a537659f51e3882505.JPG

If you had of actually read the full link that you posted you would have seen near the end of the article

Capture1.JPG.8afac522ad0db000f8a0886de92d5169.JPG

which supports what I said and that your claims are a bunch of BS. So your game has come to an end. You were and are wrong.

7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Well Dave... you need to read your full article and not just the first few lines. I also challenged your numbers about how many were government sponsored. You pulled those out of your head since...

Here is the link you posted and it doesn't talk about only 21,000 being government sponsored.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/fact-check-do-refugees-get-more-financial-help-than-canadian-pensioners-1.2670735

It talks in the first paragraph or two about misinformation. I'm going to guess you didn't read further.

Here is what I posted in response to your foolish idea that they only get a one time $2400

Capture2.thumb.JPG.515cea1b5807d8a537659f51e3882505.JPG

If you had of actually read the full link that you posted you would have seen near the end of the article

Capture1.JPG.8afac522ad0db000f8a0886de92d5169.JPG

which supports what I said and that your claims are a bunch of BS. So your game has come to an end. You were and are wrong.

If you go back to your original statement....you were adament that they got more then old age pensioners per month and that they got 29000....then you continued tp change your story.... :lol:

9 minutes ago, Dave said:

If you go back to your original statement....you were adament that they got more then old age pensioners per month and that they got 29000....then you continued tp change your story.... :lol:

How much is CPP Dave? Max for 2016 was $1092.50 per month at age 65. That's $13,110 per year and that is taxable income.... less than half of what a refugee can get for a year. This year it went up to $1114.17 per month, a whopping 1.4% increase to $13370.04 a year. Still less than 1/2 of that refugee.

By the way. How many have you sponsored?

Edited by 02sled

27 minutes ago, 02sled said:

How much is CPP Dave? Max for 2016 was $1092.50 per month at age 65. That's $13,110 per year and that is taxable income.... less than half of what a refugee can get for a year. This year it went up to $1114.17 per month, a whopping 1.4% increase to $13370.04 a year. Still less than 1/2 of that refugee.

By the way. How many have you sponsored?

Dude I want the refugees here as much as you do...but at least I know the facts.

On 3/16/2017 at 2:22 PM, Catman said:

Lol!