Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2017 NFL Thread****

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I wonder if McDaniels is still gun shy after his try in Denver.

Maybe but having Stafford in place should ease his mind.

• Like 1

Raiders confident Jon Gruden will replace Jack Del Rio

The Oakland Raiders have their sights set on Jon Gruden.

One day after firing Jack Del Rio, team ownership remains "confident" that Gruden, their former coach, will assume that position once again, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

Gruden, however, is "being careful about doing so" while the Raiders go through the process of complying with the league-mandated Rooney Rule, according to Rapoport.

Before jumping back into the NFL, Gruden must also tie up loose ends with his current employer. As the color commentator for ESPN's Monday Night Football, the former Raiders and Bucs coach is still on the schedule to broadcast Saturday's Titans-Chiefs playoff game.

Rapoport, though, noted that Gruden is already focused on his second go-around with the Silver and Black, planning to call his own plays on offense and pursue Bengals coordinator Paul Guenther to run Oakland's defense. Gruden coached the Raiders from 1998 to 2001 before he was traded to the Buccaneers.

I can promise you, with extreme confidence, this won't be the last update on Gruden. He will be the most aggressively covered candidate -- and, eventually, coach -- in a thousand moons. Get ready.

17 hours ago, ckf said:

Suddenly? Have you been living under a rock? :lol:

Wait a minute. I thought you liked the Pats :dunno:

I'm indifferent.  I just think others hating on them for no other real reason than them being a dominant and winning team is gross.  I find saddened haters pathetic.  It's a theme I carry...in case you haven't noticed.  :lmao:

I just wanted to stand on your cape for a bit.  :lol:

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No he isn't. Make him coach of The Browns like he used to be with Deshone Kizer as QB and he isn't winning one ring.

So toss out all his experience away and he can’t coach?

your fuckin retarded 

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Bellichick could coach a college team to beat 90% of the NFL teams.

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

So toss out all his experience away and he can’t coach?

your fuckin retarded 

I'm retarded...really? Reread that first quote and then punch yourself in the balls you old fool.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm retarded...really? Reread that first quote and then punch yourself in the balls you old fool.

Usually completely idiotic statements this stupid are reserved for drunken high school kids.  MC is moving up!!!  :lol:

22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Bellichick could coach a college team to beat 90% of the NFL teams.

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

:lol: Just when you thought he couldn't be any dumber,  MaineCunt goes and posts this dumb shit. What a fucking idiot  :lmao:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Usually completely idiotic statements this stupid are reserved for drunken high school kids.  MC is moving up!!!  :lol:

No Shit.....the old fucker has spit the bit! :lol:

Packers shitcan DC Dom Capers.....apparently it's all his fault. :lol:

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

:lol:

:lol: Just when you thought he couldn't be any dumber,  MaineCunt goes and posts this dumb shit. What a fucking idiot  :lmao:

I remember this debate coming up about one of Sabans Alabama Teams being able to beat the worst NFL team and everybody that knows anything about football said it was the most ludicrous thing they ever heard....never happen. 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

hey look another former patriot.  Patriots FTW,  they created a culture like no other but without an owner/front office like they have prob not going to get replicated.  

Fuck yeah...I bet Belichek could take a team of his current and former assistants and beat every other NFL Team right Ginger Cat? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

hey look another former patriot.  Patriots FTW,  they created a culture like no other but without an owner/front office like they have prob not going to get replicated.  

It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that we were watching Vrabel out on the field.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I remember this debate coming up about one of Sabans Alabama Teams being able to beat the worst NFL team and everybody that knows anything about football said it was the most ludicrous thing they ever heard....never happen. 

It always comes up with retards that don't know shit.  It came up under Spurier at Florida also.  It's comical as hell.  I guess people just think these pro athletes are just paid millions becuase it's "their turn".  :lol:

I read a hypothetical article about Florida (when they were on top) playing the Browns or Cinciannati I think (whatever the worst NFL team was at the time).  It was a comical play by play with the score being like 84-0...at the HALF!!!!  :lmao:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No Shit.....the old fucker has spit the bit! :lol:

Packers shitcan DC Dom Capers.....apparently it's all his fault. :lol:

He is only the 2nd coordinator sacked since 08. That is too long. They are too stale. The only time the pack look lethal is when Rodgers gets to run the show in the final minutes when they need to rip a comeback out of their ass. The Defense has finished in the bottom 1/3 of the league for the past 5 years. Rodgers bails them out by working his magic and getting them deep into the playoffs every year. Capers should have been dumped in 2013 at the latest. I don't think Mike M has the creativity to utilize a Rodgers. Mike blew his nut in the first 5 years, and now he is just predictable with his play calling. Its super evident with Hundley in. Where Rodgers can switch at the line and use pure skill, the system without him is boring without him. 

I doubt there will be a single returning defensive coach next year. Good. Also, Ted Thompson should be drawn and quartered. His draft and develop mentality is pure garbage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

He is only the 2nd coordinator sacked since 08. That is too long. They are too stale. The only time the pack look lethal is when Rodgers gets to run the show in the final minutes when they need to rip a comeback out of their ass. The Defense has finished in the bottom 1/3 of the league for the past 5 years. Rodgers bails them out by working his magic and getting them deep into the playoffs every year. Capers should have been dumped in 2013 at the latest. I don't think Mike M has the creativity to utilize a Rodgers. Mike blew his nut in the first 5 years, and now he is just predictable with his play calling. Its super evident with Hundley in. Where Rodgers can switch at the line and use pure skill, the system without him is boring without him. 

I doubt there will be a single returning defensive coach next year. Good. Also, Ted Thompson should be drawn and quartered. His draft and develop mentality is pure garbage. 

Well yeah and maybe McCarthys free ride should end as well.

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Are you retarded, the Packers have been using that method since the Ron Wolf days. Aaron Rodgers is a perfect example, he's 100 times the QB he is now than when he played in college and that development is a credit to the Packers staff.

10 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Are you retarded, the Packers have been using that method since the Ron Wolf days. Aaron Rodgers is a perfect example, he's 100 times the QB he is now than when he played in college and that development is a credit to the Packers staff.

Now you did it XLT.....The Curd Phone lit up at SnoPutzes house at the mere hint of criticism of anything Packer. :lol:

Aaron Rodgers is a generational player...giving all the credit to The Packers Staff is assinine even for you and what  about the rest of the roster?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

19 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Hahahaha no. Rodgers is gifted above anything else. Did they give him other skills? Sure. Did Fabre teach him some cool tricks? Sure. But no fucking way did the packers “develop” some average kid Into the greatest QB playing. Jesus... If that is the case, why isn’t Hundley something special? Or even if he was a shit template to start with, why didn’t they “develop” something above average at a minimum because he is too stupid for this game. The draft and develop mentality has left us with holes everywhere. Has it worked in small cases? Sure. Is it the answer to fielding a contender year after year? No. If you think so, you’re probably a ritard. Ted needs to go. I rest my case. 

21 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Hahahaha no. Rodgers is gifted above anything else. Did they give him other skills? Sure. Did Fabre teach him some cool tricks? Sure. But no fucking way did the packers “develop” some average kid Into the greatest QB playing. Jesus... If that is the case, why isn’t Hundley something special? Or even if he was a shit template to start with, why didn’t they “develop” something above average at a minimum because he is too stupid for this game. The draft and develop mentality has left us with holes everywhere. Has it worked in small cases? Sure. Is it the answer to fielding a contender year after year? No. If you think so, you’re probably a ritard. Ted needs to go. I rest my case. 

He wasn't very gifted in college. If you think for one second the Packer org. didn't have alot to do with Rodgers success, you're a moron. New England and Tom Brady is another example where credit goes to Belichick and Kraft. Take Alex Smith for example, he was drafted ahead of Rodgers and how did his career turn out? Brett Favre is another one, he didn't do shit in Atlanta until he came to a quality organization like the Packers. You're just another spoiled Packer fan who expects them to contend every year and when they don't, you want the whole staff to hang. I look at it this way, the Packers have won 2 Super Bowls in the last 21 years, not bad for the smallest org. in the NFL. If you've been paying attention over the years, you will hear alot of players who came from other teams and they rave about the quality of the Packer org.