Check your account email address ×

Rivian to lay off 6% of their work force

• Platinum Contributing Member

Things have slowed down considerably in my corner of the automotive world. Advanced design for some up coming EV programs and a Ford Design competition. I went from working balls out with not enough time in the days for the past couple years to an easy 8 hour work day

22 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Things have slowed down considerably in my corner of the automotive world. Advanced design for some up coming EV programs and a Ford Design competition. I went from working balls out with not enough time in the days for the past couple years to an easy 8 hour work day

Well, this  can’t be right???? They are creating jobs like crazy.  Everyone is excited. :lol:

957A2964-C70A-4BC5-AB1F-CE287EAFA99C.jpeg

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Well, this  can’t be right???? They are creating jobs like crazy.  Everyone is excited. :lol:

957A2964-C70A-4BC5-AB1F-CE287EAFA99C.jpeg

Sure seems like it's on the downside of it's many cycles to me. Shortages and switching to EV's.

Some are starting to question when new work will come in etc. Trying to read the tea leaves thinking it might be like it was last time the Auto took a shit.

All while what's her face is running on "Saving the Auto Industry" again   :lol: 

42 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

My guy tells me 6 weeks. He’s been saying that for 2 years. :lol: 

i don't think the used market will improve till the new stuff comes back. we have almost no new, so no trades to sell. forget the auction. we have been buying lease turn ins. 

the market itself may soften and interest rates climbing will slow things. but we need new cars to create the used ones

4 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i don't think the used market will improve till the new stuff comes back. we have almost no new, so no trades to sell. forget the auction. we have been buying lease turn ins. 

the market itself may soften and interest rates climbing will slow things. but we need new cars to create the used ones

There’s been an uptick in repos, but not enough to make any type of measurable effect. The decent vehicles are typically gone from lots in less than a week. I’ve been to three auctions since April. It’s mostly hard used equipment that’s being sold. 

most dealers here are adding 5k to the sticker. we refuse to fleece our customers in tough times. they will remember when times get better. that being said we have had folks fly in from florida. louisiana ,maine and other states to buy and drive home. 5k will buy a plane ticket and a lot more! plus the denali is already 85k!