Check your account email address ×

Trump is a fucking piece of garbage 2

6 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

pipe scrapping, new pipe building workers. duh. isn't jobs what this is all about? 

Technically it's still about jobs, but it was supposed to be about American jobs.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its not fake....and its pretty sad

damn......it really is shitty.  I support the guy but not for shit like this.  This is a double-cross.  The fucker had to know the pipe was already laying there.  If he says not how ill informed of a president is he?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hayward said:

damn......it really is shitty.  I support the guy but not for shit like this.  This is a double-cross.  The fucker had to know the pipe was already laying there.  If he says not how ill informed of a president is he?

I'm surprised they would make 1200 miles of pipe having no fucking clue if they could build it, :dunno: sounds like a gamble shareholders would not be to happy about to me 

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

I'm surprised they would make 1200 miles of pipe having no fucking clue if they could build it, :dunno: sounds like a gamble shareholders would not be to happy about to me 

You sound like this...

headup.jpg

25% was to come from Saskatchewan, 25% India and Italy and 50% from Arkansas.  Not sure how much is already purchased or manufactured, but that was to be the original breakdown.  I don't imagine there are that many pipe mills set up to build that kind of pipe.  

The irony is that the pipe coming from here is made by Evraz, a Rusian company. :lol:  

42 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Yep and Trump isn't the only one to blame here.  They didn't build 1200miles of pipe in two months......:news:

What part of this whole deal wasn't a go until Trump came in?  In the article it says some was completed in 2013 and pumping, or was that not part of the "keystone pipeline"?  Was Keystone just  connecting to that?  I'm confuse, but that's typical...

Edited by hayward

6 minutes ago, hayward said:

Yep and Trump isn't the only one to blame here.  They didn't build 1200miles of pipe in two months......:news:

What part of this whole deal wasn't a go until Trump came in?  In the article it says some was completed in 2013 and pumping, or was that not part of the "keystone pipeline"?  Was Keystone just  connecting to that?  I'm confuse, but that's typical...

The green is Keystone XL, which is the part that Obama shit canned.  The others are previous phases of Keystone, which are now complete. :bc:

Keystone-pipeline-route.png

46 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The pipe is called spiral weld pipe and is made from flat roll .....

Here, Evraz has a steel mill and the spiral mill on the same site.  The just finished adding another spiral line in the last year or so.  They bought it from United Spiral in Cali and moved it up here.  

Thanks.  So the XL looks to be about 30% in Canada and the remainder on U.S. soil.  So if 50% of the steel is U.S. steel, and used on U.S. soil, that leaves 20% of the steel needed on U.S. soil to be from who knows where.  What they use on Canadian soil I don't care, but what's on U.S. soil should be U.S. steel, especially if Trump made the promise.

But, I guess it isn't bad that it's technically only 20% that won't be u.s. steel, on u.s. soil.  I can see why it'd piss people off though that it didn't go as he promised. 

1 minute ago, sledderj said:

Here, Evraz has a steel mill and the spiral mill on the same site.  The just finished adding another spiral line in the last year or so.  They bought it from United Spiral in Cali and moved it up here.  

Yah ....we bought a mill in Columbus Mississippi from Severstal steel just because they did spiral and then the oil market shit the bed....we have since upgrade them with paint and galv lines etc and they are now much less dependent on the oil sector

1 minute ago, hayward said:

Thanks.  So the XL looks to be about 30% in Canada and the remainder on U.S. soil.  So if 50% of the steel is U.S. steel, and used on U.S. soil, that leaves 20% of the steel needed on U.S. soil to be from who knows where.  What they use on Canadian soil I don't care, but what's on U.S. soil should be U.S. steel, especially if Trump made the promise.

But, I guess it isn't bad that it's technically only 20% that won't be u.s. steel, on u.s. soil.  I can see why it'd piss people off though that it didn't go as he promised. 

the US isnt building the pipeline ...transcanada is.....and they can use whatever they want for steel. Trump lied ...plain and simple

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah ....we bought a mill in Columbus Mississippi from Severstal steel just because they did spiral and then the oil market shit the bed....we have since upgrade them with paint and galv lines etc and they are now much less dependent on the oil sector

Up to what diameter can that mill do?

8 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Up to what diameter can that mill do?

Not sure I'd have to check. I know they have the widest flat roll sections in our whole company and I assume that is because of the pipe capabilities

actually now that I am thinking about that plant it seems they may have just been a supplier with their main customer being a spiral welder etc. I dont think they actually produce the pipe....just the wide flat roll