Check your account email address ×

Sneak peak pics + demos

Copy & pasted from my TBP post...

I spent all day today test riding at the snodeo since the trails were iffy and it was below 0. The demos were all 17's except the Cats which were 18's. I know it sounds cliche but I liked certain things about each brand. I rode an MXZ X 850, Backcountry X 800, el Tigre 6000, ZR 8000 dsi, cross tour 7000, sidewinder LTX 137 + XTX 141, and a Pro-S switchback 800.

My biggest takeaway all day was how awesome the 850 motor is. I rode it back to back with an 800etec which I didn't like at all. The 850 revs and responds much quicker and it's super quiet and smooth. I like the ergos of the G4 except the lack of knee room.

The Switchback is a great sled with a shitty motor. Best ergos in the industry bar none, but the engine vibrates, shakes, smokes, and feels like a 2005 should not a 2017.

The sidewinder was a direct opposite. The power is insane, def feels like an honest 200hp, but it was a handful on the beat up feeder trailers that we were riding and without studs on all the ice I couldn't even launch it on a short straightaway.

The cats were pretty nice. They probably handled the best of the bunch but I still don't like the procross ergos. The dsi 800 is light years ahead of Poo but still nowhere near refined as the 850.

Here are some pics of the 18's. I really like the yellow MXZ X, if it came with a 650 etec or 900 turbo I'd be all over it. Wouldn't mind a Cross country 7000 either. :bc: 

2E0336E5-5782-4362-B8C0-740337555D53_zps

6C35F601-9315-4C14-8E2D-5C0BBCC6FC4D_zps

A278F91B-A8D9-49EB-8A9F-0023A0A33717_zps

A8E689AA-5CC0-47AD-A715-E23EDD00748B_zps

BD7632AC-0286-4CB9-90DD-DDA316EC41B0_zps

FF805C53-1D4A-4F1F-BD3A-EC19B2475915_zps

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nice! How was the turnout for Snodeo?

I guess considering the weather and people canceling their trips, it seemed okay. But definitely lower than normal, and less vendors this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rump-rider said:

Copy & pasted from my TBP post...

I spent all day today test riding at the snodeo since the trails were iffy and it was below 0. The demos were all 17's except the Cats which were 18's. I know it sounds cliche but I liked certain things about each brand. I rode an MXZ X 850, Backcountry X 800, el Tigre 6000, ZR 8000 dsi, cross tour 7000, sidewinder LTX 137 + XTX 141, and a Pro-S switchback 800.

My biggest takeaway all day was how awesome the 850 motor is. I rode it back to back with an 800etec which I didn't like at all. The 850 revs and responds much quicker and it's super quiet and smooth. I like the ergos of the G4 except the lack of knee room.

The Switchback is a great sled with a shitty motor. Best ergos in the industry bar none, but the engine vibrates, shakes, smokes, and feels like a 2005 should not a 2017.

The sidewinder was a direct opposite. The power is insane, def feels like an honest 200hp, but it was a handful on the beat up feeder trailers that we were riding and without studs on all the ice I couldn't even launch it on a short straightaway.

The cats were pretty nice. They probably handled the best of the bunch but I still don't like the procross ergos. The dsi 800 is light years ahead of Poo but still nowhere near refined as the 850.

Here are some pics of the 18's. I really like the yellow MXZ X, if it came with a 650 etec or 900 turbo I'd be all over it. Wouldn't mind a Cross country 7000 either. :bc: 

2E0336E5-5782-4362-B8C0-740337555D53_zps

6C35F601-9315-4C14-8E2D-5C0BBCC6FC4D_zps

A278F91B-A8D9-49EB-8A9F-0023A0A33717_zps

A8E689AA-5CC0-47AD-A715-E23EDD00748B_zps

BD7632AC-0286-4CB9-90DD-DDA316EC41B0_zps

FF805C53-1D4A-4F1F-BD3A-EC19B2475915_zps

I agree with you on everything but what you said about the polaris. :bc:

2 hours ago, Dave said:

I agree with you on everything but what you said about the polaris. :bc:

wtf would you know?! You haven't owned a new sled in 5+ years.  STFU and let the guys who actually buy and ride them talk. :news: 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

wtf would you know?! You haven't owned a new sled in 5+ years.  STFU and let the guys who actually buy and ride them talk. :news: 

All alone tonight i take it... :lol:

Well ive ridden this polaris this yr...

Screenshot_20170303-223744_zpsuxkpvhhm_e

And this doo...

Screenshot_20161211-081847_zpszdhjgesi_e

Poor Mark :news:

Edited by Dave

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

I didnt notice that really nor the smoking.

Its only at idle .....its very smooth at rpm above 2500 or so. I havent noticed mine smoking any more than any other 2 stroke. But I bought mine after the break in was done so there is that. 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Its only at idle .....its very smooth at rpm above 2500 or so. I havent noticed mine smoking any more than any other 2 stroke. But I bought mine after the break in was done so there is that. 

Good point on the break in....

10 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

The colors on it look like #2 :flush:

Yeh I don't know why, but I like it.  I didn't like that army green one a few years back but it grew on me.

Don't matter anyway, I'm not buying anything for a while.

3 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

That green and gray renegade looks bad ass.  Doo is making some impressive machines again this year.  

I cant wait to see this new Poo triple that is coming out !!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

5 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

That green and gray renegade looks bad ass.  Doo is making some impressive machines again this year.  

Have you seen many doo bulkheads cracking in your area?

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I cant wait to see this new Poo triple that is coming out !!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

Yea, me too.

So help me out.  Whats the significance of all the !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111's?  I see most everyone is doing it these days.  

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Have you seen many doo bulkheads cracking in your area?

No.  I have not even seen one G4 trail sled around here, not even on the dealers floor.  Only G4 Mtn sleds here and they have been holding up well.  

Just now, Back Country Rebel said:

Yea, me too.

So help me out.  Whats the significance of all the !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111's?  I see most everyone is doing it these days.  

I have no clue .....I think it originated when some spaz on the forum here was trying to type lots of exclamation marks and took his finger off the shift too early. Then it got bastardized and turned into a joke and now its just kind of caught on :lol: It makes me giggle 

Just now, Back Country Rebel said:

No.  I have not even seen one G4 trail sled around here, not even on the dealers floor.  Only G4 Mtn sleds here and they have been holding up well.  

I was talking mountain sled...sorry should have stated that.

8 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Yea, me too.

I think it's something Ben started one night when he had a few to many coors light's :lol:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rump-rider said:

I guess considering the weather and people canceling their trips, it seemed okay. But definitely lower than normal, and less vendors this year.

How are the trails after all the rain and warm weather? Don't you ride out of Colebrook?

10 minutes ago, hayward said:

Yeh I don't know why, but I like it.  I didn't like that army green one a few years back but it grew on me.

Don't matter anyway, I'm not buying anything for a while.

Yea no.  They need to stick to just yellow black and white.  This Green and Silver XRS looks like shit. Blue and green on last year's Freeride and now the BCX :flush:   The blue is OK , the green should have been black or white.  Something else besides shit green. 

Same here.  Not for at least another 2 years 

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Yea no.  They need to stick to just yellow black and white.  This Green and Silver XRS looks like shit. Blue and green on last year's Freeride and now the BCX :flush:   The blue is OK , the green should have been black or white.  Something else besides shit green. 

Same here.  Not for at least another 2 years 

Im sure they will contact you next year so they get it right....