Check your account email address ×

Solar Stocks Soar As China Considers $220 Billion Stimulus Package

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

China has tons of land for solar. They don’t have to chop down forests. :lol: 

They did that in the 80's and 90's when only 16% of their land was forested, at least by 2015 they were up to 22.4%... You should send them a trophy for doing such a great job in saving the planet...............  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

They did that in the 80's and 90's when only 16% of their land was forested, at least by 2015 they were up to 22.4%... You should send them a trophy for doing such a great job in saving the planet...............  

No clue about “80’s. That’s ancient history. Currently china is building massive solar farms in the Gobi desert. They’re also actively selling, investing, and setting up solar/wind in numerous middle eastern countries and the African continent. Big money!!

america’s loss. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

No clue about “80’s. That’s ancient history. Currently china is building massive solar farms in the Gobi desert. They’re also actively selling, investing, and setting up solar/wind in numerous middle eastern countries and the African continent. Big money!!

america’s loss. 

Well ancient history, (7 years ago, 2015) has them at 22% of their country being forested, only took them 35 years to gain 6% back!!..Great job China!! Way to save the planet!

:wtf:

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

america’s loss. 

Mission out of TX is a pretty big player . Pretty sure they  manufacture in san Antonio 

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well ancient history, (7 years ago, 2015) has them at 22% of their country being forested, only took them 35 years to gain 6% back!!..Great job China!! Way to save the planet!

That’s an amazing feat considering 60% of china’s land is uninhabitable. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

That’s an amazing feat considering 60% of china’s land is uninhabitable. 

We were talking about clear cutting, removal or forested land, not a desert, and some people thrive in desert/uninhabitable settings, look at Vegas.......   

25 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

We were talking about clear cutting, removal or forested land, not a desert, and some people thrive in desert/uninhabitable settings, look at Vegas.......   

https://www.chinafile.com/reporting-opinion/environment/heres-how-giant-chinese-forest-disappeared

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I guess you’d have to study a little more Chinese geography to understand what a barren place the vast majority of that nation is. They are an importer of virtually all raw materials. This is why china will never be a sustained military threat.

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I guess you’d have to study a little more Chinese geography to understand what a barren place the vast majority of that nation is. They are an importer of virtually all raw materials. This is why china will never be a sustained military threat.

I'd guess you'd have to study the English language to understand what a "percentage of existing" means..But hey, I just ride a lawn mower and sell spark plugs, I guess by saying "existing forest" they were talking about the desert cuz that's where forests are in you're fucked up attempt to be the smartest guy in the room..

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I'd guess you'd have to study the English language to understand what a "percentage of existing" means..But hey, I just ride a lawn mower and sell spark plugs, I guess by saying "existing forest" they were talking about the desert cuz that's where forests are in you're fucked up attempt to be the smartest guy in the room..

Whatever dude.