Check your account email address ×

Once A Pig At The Trough...

revrnd

So Smitherman plans on re-entering T.O. politics

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2017/02/27/george-smitherman-is-making-a-comeback.html

In an interview, the former Ontario cabinet minister and deputy premier said the time is right to return to city hall, where he served as chief of staff to then-mayor Barbara Hall in the pre-amalgamation 1990s.

“I serve on public company boards, I manage a couple of key investments, I’ve moved into a couple of investment properties, I have a couple of consulting clients and I have a couple of kids,” he said of a life run from a multi-unit house near Old Weston Rd. and St. Clair Ave.

So how does he figure he'll serve his constituents?

Reminded me of a clown in Oshawa that was running for councillor. He was mixed up in the CAW, local credit union, a couple of the local labour councils, etc. If he was so busy w/ all that already on his plate how did he have time for his council job? Fortunately, the voters saw thru him & he wasn't elected.

2 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Great.  More billions squandered if elected.....

The clip I saw on the news had him saying he was proud of his time as Minister of Health. How's his "sick' buddy that ran Ornge?

• Like 1

Investing my ass. They are suppose to be loans, but simple math says if you couldn,t pay off the last loan, how are you going to find money to pay off the next one.

Those Queerbecers can suck blood out of a stone, especially when we got a French PM.

Just like EXPO, a lot of those MFers are getting rich, and living high on the hog, at the expense of the rest of the countries taxpayers.

According to recent federal finance dept reports Trudope is out of money. I doubt that will stop him when it comes to Bombardier though. I suspect most Canadians, who have lost their jobs and their employers didn't get a bailout from Trudope aren't too pleased.

Captureb.JPG.90fa18a6fe651c6277df8c9f6786f557.JPG

Yep, investing.  It is a loan, with interest. 

In any case, do you have any idea how many employees downstream (suppliers, tech, support, partners, service, training, raw materials)  of large corporations are employed by the products a company like BA manufactures? 

If you ever read Iacocca's first book (maybe there's an Audiobook version for you), he mentions that it was felt at the time by economists, that if Chrysler had gone under (complete bankruptcy and liquidation), it could have ignited a recession.  And they were only the third biggest automaker in the U.S. at the time.  It had more to do with their suppliers' numbers, than their own direct employees. 

Sure enough, a recession came anyway.  :) 

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Investing my ass. They are suppose to be loans, but simple math says if you couldn,t pay off the last loan, how are you going to find money to pay off the next one.

Those Queerbecers can suck blood out of a stone, especially when we got a French PM.

Just like EXPO, a lot of those MFers are getting rich, and living high on the hog, at the expense of the rest of the countries taxpayers.

33 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Yep, investing.  It is a loan, with interest. 

In any case, do you have any idea how many employees downstream (suppliers, tech, support, partners, service, training, raw materials)  of large corporations are employed by the products a company like BA manufactures? 

If you ever read Iacocca's first book (maybe there's an Audiobook version for you), he mentions that it was felt at the time by economists, that if Chrysler had gone under (complete bankruptcy and liquidation), it could have ignited a recession.  And they were only the third biggest automaker in the U.S. at the time.  It had more to do with their suppliers' numbers, than their own direct employees. 

Sure enough, a recession came anyway.  :) 

Likely but he also knew that the government was not going to let them fail.  Not the case today.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

28 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Iacocca was a very smart Italian. Wished I would of bought Chrysler stock when they were down next to zero.

Pretty sure those investors were screwed as new shares were issued and now they are owned by Fiat.