Check your account email address ×

Time to Repeal the 2nd Ammendment?

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

I can't imagine the pain that teacher is feeling...I get it, I'm a rule breaker by nature. However,  some rules really need to be followed.  Things could have been much different. 

I'm a rule breaker too, even been called "rogue".  For a teacher, letting them chew gum, play with their phone, and letting them out early is rule breaking.  Leaving an outside door unlocked is gross negligence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

I can't imagine the pain that teacher is feeling...I get it, I'm a rule breaker by nature. However,  some rules really need to be followed.  Things could have been much different. 

It probably would have. 
But….how about grocery store doors? Subway doors?

In Canada’s case, ban crown Vic”s and rental vans?

it makes people feel good to find seemingly easy solutions, that are in fact not easy, or in most cases possible.

The common denominator is crazy evil, combined with oppression and/or ostracism, real or perceived.

For most of us, killing innocent children, average people, women is so abhorrent it never crosses the mind.

Chicago proves that banning firearms is not the answer.

Going after the crazies is also near impossible. There are freedoms, such that a thought crime being chargeable, I am not comfortable in giving up for security.

No amount of locking doors will suffice hardening of targets. That too is proven.

I have great reservations to offer a solution of military members, or retired members, fully armed, “patrolling” areas. Minimum of 2.
These would be many year members. Members who have the support of commanding officers with years of commanding the individual. Pretty much weeds out the wrong candidates, of there would be few.

I do not like the thought of making kids in school normalizing what  we would think of normal in Afghanistan or Somalia, but there is a way to make it a positive interaction.

I’d think there would be lots of members who would welcome the chance to get out of the daily grind and patrol a school, interact with the community. They are paid anyway. 

The gun control horse has left the barn, a long time ago, come up with different answers.

2 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

It probably would have. 
But….how about grocery store doors? Subway doors?

In Canada’s case, ban crown Vic”s and rental vans?

it makes people feel good to find seemingly easy solutions, that are in fact not easy, or in most cases possible.

The common denominator is crazy evil, combined with oppression and/or ostracism, real or perceived.

For most of us, killing innocent children, average people, women is so abhorrent it never crosses the mind.

Chicago proves that banning firearms is not the answer.

Going after the crazies is also near impossible. There are freedoms, such that a thought crime being chargeable, I am not comfortable in giving up for security.

No amount of locking doors will suffice hardening of targets. That too is proven.

I have great reservations to offer a solution of military members, or retired members, fully armed, “patrolling” areas. Minimum of 2.
These would be many year members. Members who have the support of commanding officers with years of commanding the individual. Pretty much weeds out the wrong candidates, of there would be few.

I do not like the thought of making kids in school normalizing what  we would think of normal in Afghanistan or Somalia, but there is a way to make it a positive interaction.

I’d think there would be lots of members who would welcome the chance to get out of the daily grind and patrol a school, interact with the community. They are paid anyway. 

The gun control horse has left the barn, a long time ago, come up with different answers.

I wasn't inferring any policy or position other than that teacher will have to live with that mistake forever..if they can at all. 

13 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I wasn't inferring any policy or position other than that teacher will have to live with that mistake forever..if they can at all. 

They should not have to.

Failing to lock a door should not necessarily result in kids getting shot.

The teacher did nothing wrong.

I leave my door open at night to get a cool breeze. I’m not inviting someone to take an AR-15 and fuck me up.

These are schools, not F.O.B.”s

Edited by Voodoo
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

They should not have to.

I leave my door open at night to get a cool breeze. I’m not inviting someone to take an AR-15 and fuck me up.

:goodpost:

• Gold Member

"Never let a good crisis go to waste"  Rham Emanuel.  Thats all you need to know.  Fuck every politician dancing in the blood of children to advance their agendas.  Fuck all of them.  You know what stops a bad guy with a gun?  A good guy with a gun.  Or how about all the shit that this dirtbag said on social media before hand??  It and the buffalo shooter.  Isn't that what we let a bunch of freedom go for in 2001?  So they can monitor this stuff?  I mean come on.  You talk about negligence.  There is no way these things shoulda happened with what we knew before hand.  There is your negligence....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

They should not have to.

These are schools, not F.O.B.”s

While I agree in principle,  put yourself in their shoes, God awful.