Check your account email address ×

Every senator who voted against background checks & how much they got from the NRA

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Old Possum Face Mitch McConnell got 1.2 million, the thought right now is that the Republicans will lose the Senate and I'm thinking when you factor in the 85% the House could be up for grabs too.

But is gun control really going to be the deciding factor? Im sure there are alot bigger issues on people's minds than that Vincent...

Hell I don't base my vote off people's stances on guns and I own a few. 

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

But is gun control really going to be the deciding factor? Im sure there are alot bigger issues on people's minds than that Vincent...

Its one big deciding factor. The vote was a sickening example of who owns these guys. Voters know the NRA is not the only corporate owner and they also know they dont have a voice in Washington anymore.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Its one big deciding factor. The vote was a sickening example of who owns these guys. Voters know the NRA is not the only corporate owner and they also know they dont have a voice in Washington anymore.

Yet voters are going to elect a Cunt completely bought for by wall street this November. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. :bc:

1 minute ago, GGNHL said:

This is just another issue where the Republicans have shot themselves in the foot politically, you know when 85% of Americans feel that it's plain commonsense that if you can't get on an airplane you shouldn't be able to buy a gun............and yet your rep votes against a bill that would prevent that..... Of course it would not make a difference to the far right voter but to that much desired independent/swing voter that every candidate so desires the consequences are huge.

Remember GG I'm looking at this as a political issue in a national election year.....consequences. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I posted this in another thread yesterday. Facts about the voting.

If you get your information only from left-leaning politimedia, you might get the impression that last night’s four votes on proposed firearms bills were sponsored by Democrats and blocked by Republicans.

The first vote was held around 6:00 PM. Republican Senator Charles Grassley’s bill to increase funding to the FBI’s NICS background check system so that the system had more accurate criminal and mental health data was blocked by Senate Democrats. It had 53 votes for it and 47 votes against it, falling short of the 60 vote majority needed because liberal Senators voted against it.

Shortly afterward, liberty-hating Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy’s attempt to force so-called “universal” background checks down the throats of American citizens was defeated on a 44-56 vote.

Democrats then conspire to shoot down a bill by Texas Senator John Cornyn that would have denied gun sales to people n terror watch lists after a three-day delay if prosecutors could make a case to a judge that the person was an actual threat. Roughly 40-percent of people on watch lists have no known ties to terrorist groups, and were placed there for absurd reasons, such as attempting to book a flight with an expired credit card. Democrats voted against this bill and kept it from passing the 60-vote threshold because it required the government to prove the person being denied their rights actually was a terror threat. The bill fell short  53-47.

Democrats then tried and failed to push their own watch list bill, which would deny the right of any American citizen to buy a gun for arbitrarily being placed on any government list, even without ties to terror groups or evidence that they’d done anything wrong. This direct assault on your constitutional right to due process was defeated 47-53.

When the media spin on these votes is stripped away and the essence of these four bills is laid bare, it’s very clear that Senate Democrats were attempting to exploit a Islamic terrorist attack by a registered Democrat (and alleged Hillary Clinton supporter) as an excuse to attack the Bill of Rights and infringe on the rights of law-abiding American citizens in order to increase government power over the citizenry and create Soviet-style lists to “unperson” Americans of their rights.

What did those evil Republicans do?

They tried to strengthen reporting to the FBI’s NICS background check system, and pass a bill that would have balanced the interests of the state in preventing terrorists from buying guns with the individual’s right to due process.

The Republican Party has largely been a clown show in recent years, but they’re far better than the increasingly Stalinist left, which drove the ACLU and NRA together in opposition to the Democrat’s Constitution-crashing attempt to allow the government to create and act upon enemies lists.

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

This is just another issue where the Republicans have shot themselves in the foot politically, you know when 85% of Americans feel that it's plain commonsense that if you can't get on an airplane you shouldn't be able to buy a gun............and yet your rep votes against a bill that would prevent that..... Of course it would not make a difference to the far right voter but to that much desired independent/swing voter that every candidate so desires the consequences are huge.

Remember GG I'm looking at this as a political issue in a national election year.....consequences. 

The reason the pubs would lose the Senate and or house is due to their poor performance in a high turnout election year. In 2018 they'll bounce back if I had to guess just like 2014. I honestly beleive gun control isn't near the top of most people's GAF list, and since I actually vote for Dems and Pubs I can day that from an independent point of view. :bc:

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Do what the voters in America want.

Take every fuckin corporate dime out of elections.

I agree. Don't ban guns, ban lobbyists. :bc:

Edited by GGNHL

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

The reason the pubs would lose the Senate and or house is due to their poor performance in a high turnout election year. In 2018 they'll bounce back if I had to guess just like 2014. I honestly beleive gun control isn't near the top of most people's GAF list, and since I actually vote for Dems and Pubs I can day that from an independent point of view. :bc:

No its due to gun control issues like this. We can go on and also add they want to cut SS payments and Medicare too and thats gonna cost them seats. Also the fact they do nothing including telling the sitting President not to even try to appoint a SC judge. Voters see this.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

85%

78% of Americans want Citizens United overturned yet they are going to elect a woman completely owned by corporate America. :lol:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-09-28/bloomberg-poll-americans-want-supreme-court-to-turn-off-political-spending-spigot

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

No its due to gun control issues like this. We can go on and also add they want to cut SS payments and Medicare too and thats gonna cost them seats. Also the fact they do nothing including telling the sitting President not to even try to appoint a SC judge. Voters see this.

And the gun control issue isn't going to be the deciding factor for most voters, their inaction on the justice nomination would be a much bigger decision maker. not sure what you guys don't get about that. People have opinions on lots of things, considering more people die in car crashes, drug overdoses, and falls than from being shot by a gun, I doubt that will be a paramount issue...

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

And the gun control issue isn't going to be the deciding factor for most voters, their inaction on the justice nomination would be a much bigger decision maker. not sure what you guys don't get about that. People have opinions on lots of things, considering more people die in car crashes, drug overdoses, and falls than from being shot by a gun, I doubt that will be a paramount issue...

Its not as I noted. I will throw in the 23 BILLION dollar shutdown too.

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

So there aren't Liberals who want to ban all guns or some types of guns that aren't already? :dunno:

I am sure there are repubs that want to ban some gun types. Banning all guns is painting with a broad brush.

I know, it's all the republicans fault.  But to me, honestly, its just another Democratic "blame game" for their complete incompetence and inability to get anything done.  They are like children throwing a temper tantrum on the senate floor.  Nobody cares anymore.  They cannot and will not compromise and that is exactly what politics are about.  COMPROMISE FOR THE GREATER GOOD.. And the Dems refuse to do that...THEY WANT IT ALL.  And they will never get it.  That's not how it works.  But it does seem to work well with a seemingly large enough population of blamers and whiners that they can get enough votes to stay in office.  Sadly, their astonishing ineptness still renders them limp.

But hell, if they got everything they wanted, who could they blame then?  Whose fault would it be?  I'm sure they'd come up with something.  And THAT is why nobody really wants to give them anything.

Some on here are worried about the NRA yet none of the shooters in the recent mass shooting were NRA members.

Liberal spin.

It's like blaming the ATF or big pharma for all drug related deaths in this country.

Edited by racer254

23 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Yet voters are going to elect a Cunt completely bought for by wall street this November. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. :bc:

Ballsack and MaineCUNT are stupid people :nuts:  

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I am sure there are repubs that want to ban some gun types. Banning all guns is painting with a broad brush.

Yeah, yet people and politicians continue to use a broad brush everyday, and I know more than a few Liberal minded people who would like to see all guns banned and I'm sure there are more than a couple politicians who feel that way as well. Guess you breezed over the main point I was making which was agreeing that we should take money out of politics. :bc:

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Some on here are worried about the NRA yet none of the shooters in the recent mass shooting were NRA members.

Liberal spin.

The NRA owns the repubs in congress. How the fuck you cant see this is beyond me. Why do we have a no fly list?