Check your account email address ×

The Canadian Media's Coverage of US Politics

revrnd

What is w/ the overblown coverage of US politics by all 3 English networks (& their local affiliates), the 2 news channels & CP24? Does the average Canadian really care who the nominees are for the various departments are? Did we care in the past?

A week or so ago the Global National had 14 minutes of coverage of Trump out of a 22 minute broadcast. All I can see is a lot of Canadian news not being covered. Also, I can see the Shiny Pony getting a pass for the most part. While in Ontario, the SJW agitators are incensed about things south of the border, but haven't organized ANYTHING in the way of protests directed @ Wynne & the Liberals. 

• Like 1

It's the same as when our libtard media followed Rob Ford around to no end........ they'll do the same with the Donald.  Whether we care or not.

The Liberal media, both U.S. and Canadian, will be butthurt for at least 4 years over the fact that their criminal Hillary was not elected. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

The Liberal media, both U.S. and Canadian, will be butthurt for at least 4 years over the fact that their criminal Hillary was not elected. 

I'm pretty sure most Canadians don't really care about the day to day minutiae (trivial details of something) of American politics. To listen to the talking heads on this side of the border EVERYTHING affects us. Do I care that Trump doesn't want people from 7 Muslim countries entering the US? No. And I'll go on w/ my life.

A voice of reason?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/matthew-mcconaughey-embrace-president-trump-backlash-971369

Maybe if the left spent as much time getting an electable Democrat in the next election as they are screaming about Trump, the Americans will be better off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

True, except the travel ban will backfire on us.  Trudeau will accept all the crap from the countries that Trump is banning (yay, more "refugees" for us.)

Trump is a huge threat to the Liberal hoard sucking this country dry and we have no leadership at all... Zero. That pin head actor is the laughing stock of the planet and he's spending every f'n day. The only foreign investment that f'n wanker has brought in to the country, Our Country, is refugees. Guaranteed Liberal votes. Wish his mother woulda swallowed him.

• Like 3

A refugee named Apu coming to a Kwiki-Mart near you, after they learn the language. There are intelligent skilled refugees that would be contributory members of Canadian society. Unfortunately they are following the rules and applying through proper channels and are being displaced by those who don't follow the rules, walk across the border jumping the line and becoming a drain on Canada.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

A refugee named Apu coming to a Kwiki-Mart near you, after they learn the language.

About all they can speak is the amount on the register. I've gone into a Kwiki Mart, got my stuff & gone to pay. Kim, Sanjeev or Abdul is yammering away on a cellphone in Korean, Sanskrit or Arabic. They'll scan the stuff on the counter & say, "7-25" & go back to their phone conversation. No thank you or have a nice day.

3 hours ago, Tinker said:

Trump is a huge threat to the Liberal hoard sucking this country dry and we have no leadership at all... Zero. That pin head actor is the laughing stock of the planet and he's spending every f'n day. The only foreign investment that f'n wanker has brought in to the country, Our Country, is refugees. Guaranteed Liberal votes. Wish his mother woulda swallowed him.

Saw a bumper sticker in Lakefield last month:

"Smile your mother chose life"

Watching the interview after the election w/ the airhead (Margaret), I wonder what meds she was on? You'd think she was Doug Henning's sister. It's no surprise the Liberal "brain trust" kept her out of the public's eye during the campaign. Some people would've thought after seeing her, "Is this lightweight clown capable of being PM?"

3 hours ago, Tinker said:

Pretty sure she had all holes plugged at the time. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2017 at 1:57 PM, 02sled said:

A refugee named Apu coming to a Kwiki-Mart near you, after they learn the language. There are intelligent skilled refugees that would be contributory members of Canadian society. Unfortunately they are following the rules and applying through proper channels and are being displaced by those who don't follow the rules, walk across the border jumping the line and becoming a drain on Canada.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/02/10/is-trumps-refugee-crackdown-threat-pushing-asylum-seekers-into-canada.html

What are rules for? I enjoyed watching Michael Thompson's response to this nonsense on CP24 that day:

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2017/02/01/mosque-barred-from-operating-by-city-by-law-draws-protest.html

Councillor Michael Thompson, whose Ward 37 (Scarborough Centre) includes the Birchmount Rd. space, said he previously met with the group and city officials, who showed them a letter sent to their real estate agent that outlined the community centre would not be a permitted use of the land under the new rules. The city was not able to provide a copy of that letter by deadline.

As far as he was concerned the group is trying to intimidate council. He didn't come out & say it but more or less implied they were bullying & playing the "religion card". This protest was also just after the Quebec City masque attack, so they were probably trying for sympathy on that front as well. Thompson said if the city didn't have zoning bylaws it would be a free for all. We all have to follow the rules, so what makes them special?

On the refugee thing, so far Minister of Immigration  Ahmed Hussen has said that the government has no plans to repeal this agreement w/ the US:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2017/02/02/no-reason-to-open-up-canada-us-refugee-pact-federal-government-says.html

Then you have the people that know more than the rest of us:

https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2017/02/01/canadian-law-profs-join-fight-to-suspend-refugee-pact-with-us.html

• 2 weeks later...

I kept this letter to the editor from the Toronto Star published March 12, 2016:

I'm not a big fan of Trump (or Hillary Clinton). But the Canadian reaction to him is laughable. Ontario voters have voted in a succession on incompetent governments. And yet "we' think we have the right to preach about The Donald. Plus, Canadians voted in a Liberal government led by a boy with nice hair. He got elected due to his Trudeau lineage and nice hair, not competence. Did we not learn anything? So, Canadians get off your high horses about Trump and tend to your own knitting.

Ralph Awrey

Toronto

Too bad the MSM in Canada wouldn't pay as much attention to government in Canada as they do the US politics. Heck Trump's motorcade could hit a squirrel or some other animal on the road and the lead story for the next 2 or 3 days would be, "SPCA Condemns Trump As An Animal Hater!"

As soon as I see a pic of Trump or hear his name mentioned, I mute the TV. IMO it's like the little boy who cried wolf. Too much non-news & a person tunes it out.

Edited by revrnd

24 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I kept this letter to the editor from the Toronto Star published March 12, 2016:

Too bad the MSM in Canada wouldn't pay as much attention to government in Canada as they do the US politics. Heck Trump's motorcade could hit a squirrel or some other animal on the road and the lead story for the next 2 or 3 days would be, "SPCA Condemns Trump As An Animal Hater!"

As soon as I see a pic of Trump or hear his name mentioned, I mute the TV. IMO it's like the little boy who cried wolf. Too much non-news & a person tunes it out.

I'm sure Trump hitting a squirrel would be front page here. Meanwhile Truedope getting caught with a hooker would be a small paragraph buried in the entertainment section.

8 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I'm sure Trump hitting a squirrel would be front page here. Meanwhile Truedope getting caught with a hooker would be a small paragraph buried in the entertainment section.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a male prostitute or tranny.

Can the media not cover a story w/o mentioning Trump. Saw a segment about the Oscars fiasco (not that I care as I didn't watch it or the 2 movies involved) & the reporter had to include that Trump had tweeted about it.

FFS! Enough already. The idgits will be blaming him for this:

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2017/02/27/barrie-area-ice-huts-get-that-sinking-feeling-after-mild-spell

7 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Can the media not cover a story w/o mentioning Trump. Saw a segment about the Oscars fiasco (not that I care as I didn't watch it or the 2 movies involved) & the reporter had to include that Trump had tweeted about it.

FFS! Enough already. The idgits will be blaming him for this:

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2017/02/27/barrie-area-ice-huts-get-that-sinking-feeling-after-mild-spell

Trump tweeted the reason for the screw up at the end was cause they could not keep their focus off him during the show.  Did not watch it and have not in decades but apparently he is all the stars talked about and not in a complimentary way.  Probably some truth behind it.

• Like 1