Check your account email address ×

Solar panels catch fire atop Mass. business, causing millions in damages

• Platinum Contributing Member

A Massachusetts business sustained millions of dollars in damages after a fire broke out in the solar panel array atop its roof.

Newburyport Fire Chief Christopher LeClaire said the three-alarm fire at Bradford & Bigelow, a printing business on Perkins Way, started at about 10:35 a.m. Saturday.

Firefighters encountered heavy flames and smoke coming from a 150-foot by 60-foot array of solar panels on the building's roof.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

A Massachusetts business sustained millions of dollars in damages after a fire broke out in the solar panel array atop its roof.

Newburyport Fire Chief Christopher LeClaire said the three-alarm fire at Bradford & Bigelow, a printing business on Perkins Way, started at about 10:35 a.m. Saturday.

Firefighters encountered heavy flames and smoke coming from a 150-foot by 60-foot array of solar panels on the building's roof.

Was reading it was the low quality connectors between panels that may have caused it.

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

How many more dead Americans is that lithium worth? Do tell. 

I don't know, ask Joe. He gave up the base and had 13 killed in the process. No one even thought of attacking that base years prior to last year. What changed, hmmm let me think...

joe.jpg

Just now, nascarmike said:

I don't know, ask Joe. He gave up the base and had 13 killed in the process. No one even thought of attacking that base years prior to last year. What changed, hmmm let me think...

joe.jpg

How many dead under trump? Do they count? How about the WMD Easter egg hunt? Was that worth it? GOP’ers sure like to pick and chose what constitutes righteous deaths  

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

How many dead under trump? Do they count? How about the WMD Easter egg hunt? Was that worth it? GOP’ers sure like to pick and chose what constitutes righteous deaths  

Did I even mention Bush??? Afghanistan had nothing to do with WMD's. That was Iraq. I will agree Bush either had a big ego and wanted to finish what Daddy should have, or he was snookered by intel. I think that was a little of both. Trump did not get us into Afghanistan, he stabilized it. We could have held onto Bagram and had a lookout post for China, now we have no keyhole to look through.

1 hour ago, nascarmike said:

Did I even mention Bush??? Afghanistan had nothing to do with WMD's. That was Iraq. I will agree Bush either had a big ego and wanted to finish what Daddy should have, or he was snookered by intel. I think that was a little of both. Trump did not get us into Afghanistan, he stabilized it. We could have held onto Bagram and had a lookout post for China, now we have no keyhole to look through.

:lol: yeah ok.