Check your account email address ×

Hey Dave !!!!!!!! I think I might buy a SXS this year

f7ben

1 minute ago, dz246 said:

They make a 4 passenger..... :news:

The kawi is a decent machine though, and WAY cheaper.... 

that polaris looks like a sweet unit but the 4 seater is way longer than what I am after....part of what caught me on the kawi was how short the wheelbase is

36 minutes ago, f7ben said:

that polaris looks like a sweet unit but the 4 seater is way longer than what I am after....part of what caught me on the kawi was how short the wheelbase is

Some of the four seaters have trouble around here with the wheelbase. 

57 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I have a old Kaw 4wheeler. I beat the snot out of it and it just runs. It's a 96 and parts are still easy to get.

A lot of the newer 750's had timing chain problems destroying half the engine.

Bhen seems set on the Teryx, I was looking at them before buying my RZR.

I've had the Ranger and now the RZR and in comparison the Ranger is like driving a garbage truck.  A man of Ben's stature needs some performance or he gets bored easily. 

31 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Some of the four seaters have trouble around here with the wheelbase. 

The trex 4 that rides with us gets through everything we do on the trails except the muskeg.

The Teryx 4 is as dependable of a machine you can buy.  The belt drive design is awesome for dependability, the motor is bulletproof, and the chassis is overall just built like a tank. 

BUT,

It is slow, limited to 50 mph. You can get a tuner to get up to 60. The short wheelbase absolutely kills the ride. Not as bad at low speeds, but higher speed trail running sucks, especially for the people in the back. Its like a bucking bronco. The Limited does come with Fox Podium shocks, but its still bad. The Limited comes with a roof, and its loud as hell in the cab. The engine is in between the front seats. You put some tunes in it and you will be deaf because it has to be so fucking loud to hear it. Speaking of the engine between the front seats, it makes it hot as hell from the engine heat. Stuff in cup holder is piss warm in 5 minutes. 

A riding bud has one, and Ive spent a lot of time riding and driving it. He is over 4k miles of serious high speed hard trail abuse. He likes it. He never has to fix shit. He just takes it to the dealer for routine maintenance, adds gas and beats it. 

I have a 2015 RZR 4 seat 900, its my 2nd RZR. I ride it hard, but I do all my own work to it too. Not gonna lie, a RZR will require more care than the T4, but the ride is seriously 10x better. The engine is in the back under the box, and is quiet and no engine heat. I have 2k miles on it, Ive changed the belt for maintenance, went with a Gates carbons belt, and bent a lower A-arm. Other than that, Ive put in a stereo, four 6.5" speakers and a 10" sub, amp and bluetooth controller, and a light bar. Its been a good machine so far. 

When I was looking for a 4 seater, I was convinced on paper I was going to buy a Maverick. But I drove one and it had the engine between the seats like the T4. Loud and heat in the cab killed it for me. Not to mention the piss poor clutches Can Am uses. 

Best thing I can tell you is to test drive the ones you are interested in. If you just putz around at 15 mph maybe the T4 will fit you better. Im sure some of those dealers in the yoop will let you test drive, or better yet, rent one for half a day, then go rent another for the other half of the day. 

BTW, if you are trail riding, the longer wheelbase is not a concern at all. If you go tooling those the trees in the woods, the wheelbase still shouldn't be that bad. Maybe a 3 point turn now and then.

Edited by Legend

We have a Ranger 900XP that we use for trail work, has plenty of power, seats three adults nice will do 50mph and rides decent and has power steering. hauls all our signs, posts, saws and we pull a small trailer with it

8 hours ago, Legend said:

The Teryx 4 is as dependable of a machine you can buy.  The belt drive design is awesome for dependability, the motor is bulletproof, and the chassis is overall just built like a tank. 

BUT,

It is slow, limited to 50 mph. You can get a tuner to get up to 60. The short wheelbase absolutely kills the ride. Not as bad at low speeds, but higher speed trail running sucks, especially for the people in the back. Its like a bucking bronco. The Limited does come with Fox Podium shocks, but its still bad. The Limited comes with a roof, and its loud as hell in the cab. The engine is in between the front seats. You put some tunes in it and you will be deaf because it has to be so fucking loud to hear it. Speaking of the engine between the front seats, it makes it hot as hell from the engine heat. Stuff in cup holder is piss warm in 5 minutes. 

A riding bud has one, and Ive spent a lot of time riding and driving it. He is over 4k miles of serious high speed hard trail abuse. He likes it. He never has to fix shit. He just takes it to the dealer for routine maintenance, adds gas and beats it. 

I have a 2015 RZR 4 seat 900, its my 2nd RZR. I ride it hard, but I do all my own work to it too. Not gonna lie, a RZR will require more care than the T4, but the ride is seriously 10x better. The engine is in the back under the box, and is quiet and no engine heat. I have 2k miles on it, Ive changed the belt for maintenance, went with a Gates carbons belt, and bent a lower A-arm. Other than that, Ive put in a stereo, four 6.5" speakers and a 10" sub, amp and bluetooth controller, and a light bar. Its been a good machine so far. 

When I was looking for a 4 seater, I was convinced on paper I was going to buy a Maverick. But I drove one and it had the engine between the seats like the T4. Loud and heat in the cab killed it for me. Not to mention the piss poor clutches Can Am uses. 

Best thing I can tell you is to test drive the ones you are interested in. If you just putz around at 15 mph maybe the T4 will fit you better. Im sure some of those dealers in the yoop will let you test drive, or better yet, rent one for half a day, then go rent another for the other half of the day. 

BTW, if you are trail riding, the longer wheelbase is not a concern at all. If you go tooling those the trees in the woods, the wheelbase still shouldn't be that bad. Maybe a 3 point turn now and then.

Awesome review. I know the heat is an issue on the Can ams but honestly ive never heard my buddy mention it about his trex. :bc: