Check your account email address ×

2022 Toyota Tundra.

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

@spin_dryHere's about what you can expect from a first year powertrain.  I don't care who makes it.

I backed out of the tundra. Reason being a decent flatbed upfit is a few months off. So I’m back at square one. I need something by the end of February. Looking at a couple of other options. I’d be more concerned about a third year ford than I would a 1st year Toyota. 

Edited by spin_dry

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Sure you can.  Both have been improving in trucks for quite some time.  Twin turbos, variable valve timing, cylinder deactivation, 10 speed transmissions, aluminum bodies, etc.  375HP, 470 ft-lb of torque, and low 20s mpg.

3.5L EcoBoost® V6

If you're looking for an engine that delivers the best-in-class tow rating for the Ford F-150, then the 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 engine is the right choice for you. Listed below are the key engine specs for this powerful option.

Engine

3.5L EcoBoost® V6

Horsepower

375 HP

Torque

470 lb.-ft.

EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy

(city/highway)

18 MPG/25 MPG

Max. Towing Capacity

13,200 lbs.

Max. Payload Capacity

3,230 lbs.

I haven't seen an 3.5L Ecoboost yet get close to 25mpg hwy, including my own. Hell I barely get 18mpg hwy in summer. 

Right now in winter Im at 15.1 mpg mixed. 

5 hours ago, Legend said:

I haven't seen an 3.5L Ecoboost yet get close to 25mpg hwy, including my own. Hell I barely get 18mpg hwy in summer. 

Right now in winter Im at 15.1 mpg mixed. 

exactly,  i am headed north Friday and prob will be under 10 if i take the trailer.  

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

exactly,  i am headed north Friday and prob will be under 10 if i take the trailer.  

First time I towed a 29' enclosed sled trailer with 3 sleds in it I got 7.9mpg on interstate at 70-75 mph. 

I stopped checking towing mpg after that. 

48 minutes ago, Legend said:

First time I towed a 29' enclosed sled trailer with 3 sleds in it I got 7.9mpg on interstate at 70-75 mph. 

I stopped checking towing mpg after that. 

You did well...my ram tells me the current gas mileage, when I go up a long hill it reads 3-5mpg. (Depressing) 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
On 1/28/2022 at 7:35 PM, spin_dry said:

Yes you did. Should've went with the 4 wheel to begin with. I spent some time in Moab with a group. One of the guys had a 4 wheel Grande flat bed. Very sweet set up. All aluminum frame and very lightweight. Very solid set up with tremendous build quality. I spent a couple weeks helping out my daughter over the holidays. She got really sick with Covid, as did the kids and SIL. Down for the count for 10 days. Thankfully I didn't get it. 

Hopefully it wasnt YOU who gave them Covid. I know for a fact this last time I caught it from a triple "vaccinated" family member for Christmas. Nice gift huh? 

On 1/29/2022 at 12:22 PM, spin_dry said:

New platform and all that's available are front spacers with 35" tires. Fox, Bilstein, or King have nothing yet. Eventually It'll be lifted with leveling, shocks, and different tires. I'm leaving it alone until the aftermarket figures stuff out. 

Just Buy a Ford Raptor, it already comes with all that shit. And if you upgrade later at least the stock Fox suspension is worth something. 

Edited by EvilBird

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Hopefully it wasnt YOU who gave them Covid. I know for a fact this last time I caught it from a triple "vaccinated" family member for Christmas. Nice gift huh? 

Just Buy a Ford Raptor, it already comes with all that shit. And if you upgrade later at least the stock Fox suspension is worth something. 

How did I give them covid? Over the telephone? :lol: 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

How did I give them covid? Over the telephone? :lol: 

I thought you said you were visiting and helping out....Guess that was after they caught it ? :dunno:

Back on topic , Buy a Raptor . 

Edited by EvilBird