Check your account email address ×

More simplistic comparisons for the masses.

image.png.3ab637d36b7d654e90ce9eec0b7a637f.png

This is the type of simplistic views that some idiots constantly want to believe as a valid comparison.

Sorry, but after 10 years, if you are still working for minimum wage, you may be the problem.

BTW, I have not changed the rent on my rentals even close to 66% like this is implying.

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

image.png.3ab637d36b7d654e90ce9eec0b7a637f.png

This is the type of simplistic views that some idiots constantly want to believe as a valid comparison.

Sorry, but after 10 years, if you are still working for minimum wage, you may be the problem.

The point went over your head, clearly. It's not talking about someone working minimum wage for 10 years, it's talking about how minimum wage isn't keeping track with COL. 

I mean, you can disagree with the premise but at least understand the point being conveyed. :lol:

• Like 3

Just now, SSFB said:

The point went over your head, clearly. It's not talking about someone working minimum wage for 10 years, it's talking about how minimum wage isn't keeping track with COL. 

I mean, you can disagree with the premise but at least understand the point being conveyed. :lol:

Oh believe me, I understand the point perfectly.  Why do people think minimum wage has to keep up with anything?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Was reading a trade rag tonight . A icf builder talking about how he is keeping guys . Pretty cool 

Instead of stuffing there 401k the company is putting there money in a account and after 5 yr they put that money and what ever else is needed in to a 3 car garage starter home free and clear.  After that you can go for another in ten or start putting it in to a retirement package . Pretty cool 

20220110_182539.jpg

20220110_182602.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Was reading a trade rag tonight . A icf builder talking about how he is keeping guys . Pretty cool 

Instead of stuffing there 401k the company is putting there money in a account and after 5 yr they put that money and what ever else is needed in to a 3 car garage starter home free and clear.  After that you can go for another in ten or start putting it in to a retirement package . Pretty cool 

20220110_182539.jpg

20220110_182602.jpg

Cool idea, all depends on how it adds up with the rest of the package. :bc:

24 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Cool idea, all depends on how it adds up with the rest of the package. :bc:

Yeah very good idea, as long as the company remains viable and isn't like slave labor to work for.  I wished i had a deal like that.  :lol:  :bc: 

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah very good idea, as long as the company remains viable and isn't like slave labor to work for.  I wished i had a deal like that.  :lol:  :bc: 

Yeah was thinking that but you know the score after 90 days if it is a place you want to work for any way . 

Better than 80% of the  residential construction company's out there.  1099 and like it.  Also says they hire a lot of greenhorn young guys. So fuck it a kid out if hs cam ha e a free and clear starter by tge time he is 23 . Not a bad start to life. And the guy is a icf builder so it is prob not a pos . 

7 hours ago, SSFB said:

Agree.  

7 hours ago, racer254 said:

Oh believe me, I understand the point perfectly.  Why do people think minimum wage has to keep up with anything?

Also agree.  It’s gas and party money for high school kids.  Making a “living” and raising a family isn’t really expected….and never was.

• Platinum Contributing Member

:news:  We are eating almost $2.00/hr increase per employee for our next HI renewal.  Its great to look at MW but its such a small part of overall earnings for the overall workforce it should not be the focus.   Its like changing all the bathrooms in the country for .5% of the population who don't know what gender they are.  .28% in 2020 and likely smaller % of the workforce now. 

download (15).png

download (16).png

Edited by Highmark

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

:news:  We are eating almost $2.00/hr increase per employee for our next HI renewal.  Its great to look at MW but its such a small part of overall earnings for the overall workforce it should not be the focus.   Its like changing all the bathrooms in the country for .5% of the population who don't know what gender they are.  .28% in 2020 and likely smaller % of the workforce now. 

download (15).png

download (16).png

How many people here are working for minimum wage at their primary job?  Come on.  Lets see what kind of percentages we are talking about.