Check your account email address ×

New car sales expected to plummet for 2026 in Wisconsin

Musk will come up with something. I like the ignition interlock option for multiple offenders. It’s been a good thing. But legislating it to be standard issue is ridiculous. A better option would be to build in an interface for a breathalyzer. The current crop of interlock systems are better than past units, but they still can be troublesome. 

18 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Musk will come up with something. I like the ignition interlock option for multiple offenders. It’s been a good thing. But legislating it to be standard issue is ridiculous. A better option would be to build in an interface for a breathalyzer. The current crop of interlock systems are better than past units, but they still can be troublesome. 

https://wausaupilotandreview.com/2021/06/21/wausau-man-who-left-scene-of-crash-for-more-booze-convicted-of-7th-owi/

Read this, then scroll to the bottom of the page to see even more SEVEN time offenders from the area I live in.  

I'm not in favor of more technology in our vehicles but as a husband and father, I am in favor of locking some of these addicts away from society.  I won't claim sainthood on this topic though, that would be hypocritical.

Imagine the uproar if it was proposed to put the same technology on sleds, ATVs and SXs's?   Right @Bontz:lol:

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://wausaupilotandreview.com/2021/06/21/wausau-man-who-left-scene-of-crash-for-more-booze-convicted-of-7th-owi/

Read this, then scroll to the bottom of the page to see even more SEVEN time offenders from the area I live in.  

I'm not in favor of more technology in our vehicles but as a husband and father, I am in favor of locking some of these addicts away from society.  I won't claim sainthood on this topic though, that would be hypocritical.

Imagine the uproar if it was proposed to put the same technology on sleds, ATVs and SXs's?   Right @Bontz:lol:

Wisconsin has handled drunk driving like it’s a big joke. Penalties have always lagged behind the other states. Two years ago Wisconsin finally got serious with 4 time offenders. Loss of drivers license for life. It’s about time. 

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Wisconsin has handled drunk driving like it’s a big joke. Penalties have always lagged behind the other states. Two years ago Wisconsin finally got serious with 4 time offenders. Loss of drivers license for life. It’s about time. 

Some drunks don't care about having a license, or insurance or even registration.  

Years ago we had an idiot show up at court for his 5th offense drunk and belligerent, judge was pissed off, cited him with contempt and they walked him over to the jail.  They also found his car in the parking lot later that day, with an open beer in the console, expired tags, and a damaged front bumper.  Be careful out there.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Should they treat every person driving caught with .08 like they are a convicted murderer?

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Absolutely. . 

Why?  They have harmed no one.

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

first time no,  after that the drivers clearly too stupid to learn.  

Touchy subject.  You can get a owi sitting in your car sleeping off drinks.

Maybe there should be more LE agencies and governments concentrating on giving rides instead of doing this.

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Why?  They have harmed no one.

Touchy subject.  You can get a owi sitting in your car sleeping off drinks.

Maybe there should be more LE agencies and governments concentrating on giving rides instead of doing this.

Socialized OWI prevention.