Check your account email address ×

Stock Indy XC Hyfax

Bradd

how many miles are these hyfaxs supposed to last?  i realize snow condtions have a big factor on how long they last but keep checking mine and they measure out good.   have about 2200 miles on the orginal set 19 xc indy 

Conditions will play a big role in the life of your hyfax. They also go through heat cycles and will wear to a point and slow down.  Before installing a new set I alway heat them with a propane torch to the point of almost melting on the surface and then put them in a freezer.  Cycle them through this a couple times.  It does help the life of them.

100% on what Doug says.  If you run low snow, hardback or ice frequently there's a lot of good options for scratchers for Polaris.  If you intend to keep the sled a long time, you might consider adding DuPont Vespel slides.

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/dupont-vespel-hyfax/

On 11/8/2021 at 8:22 PM, Bradd said:

how many miles are these hyfaxs supposed to last?  i realize snow condtions have a big factor on how long they last but keep checking mine and they measure out good.   have about 2200 miles on the orginal set 19 xc indy 

Hey Bradd - good to see another familiar face over here :thumbsup:  Both of the replies above ... I can't really add to.  All I can tell you is, with my '19 XC ... I ran some pretty marginal trails/forest roads and ice and although the hyfax did wear down initially, they did seem to set in without a whole lot more wear on them.  I don't think you can really say they're good for X miles, just keep an eye on that indicator line and once you get near that - it's time.