Check your account email address ×

How many people do you personally know that are harboring adult aged children at home?

• USA Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

What a fine addition he was to the family.  He brought oh, so much to the table!  :lol: 

Not only did they have to house him, they had to set him up with a job in the family.  True lefty living off of government oh wait, I mean family assistance.   

5 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Not only did they have to house him, they had to set him up with a job in the family.  True lefty living off of government oh wait, I mean family assistance.   

He lifted himself up by his own bootstraps, dug in his heels, jumped in with both feet risking it all with nothing but his strong will, intestinal fortitude hard work ethic…..and married into a job.

:lol:

• Haha 1

I had one young man who went from living with his parents to save money for a house to moving in with his fiancé's parents to save money for a house.

From taking with him, I don't think either one is wise with money.  They were always buying stuff, and not cheap stuff.  Mountain bikes, tats, vacations, etc.  

When he changed jobs to make around $5/hour more + signing, he showed up the last week of work with a 1 or 2 year old loaded F150 of some kind.

So much for saving money for that house.

• Platinum Contributing Member

My son is 28 and lives in my basement. He's in his 4th and final year of university (so he says) and next spring plans to find a job and probably move out. He's worked for me for 11 years and still comes in on Saturdays while attending school. I will be both happy and sad with what ever he chooses.

I have a buddy of mine who  is 57 and only lived outside his mom's house for a year and a half back when he had a girlfriend. His only steady income has been working a 5 month winter contract plowing the roads for 12 years until he told them to go fuck them selves last year. His mother died in June and he and his sister now own the house jointly. She has her own place and he is still in the house. She wants him to move out so she can sell. He is devastated that he will have to move out of the house he has lived in for 45 years. Not enough to go get a job mine you but........lol

He's good dude but in some areas his head is screwed on backwards.