Check your account email address ×

Barrett-Jackson

1 minute ago, yami123 said:

Saw that last night that thing was badass! Demon on the block sometime today should be interesting to see what that fetches.

What time does it come back on today?

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

went through this about 10-15 years ago. prices later collapsed. 

The Detroit stuff is going for more than some of the Europium classics. Crazy shit.  

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

87 Mustang GT. My first car. 30x40 three door. Loft is 7x12x40

20170919_172844.jpg

20170718_143516.jpg

Those were fun cars to test drive back in the day. One of my buddies and I scared the shit out of more than one salesman in one of those GT's :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Those were fun cars to test drive back in the day. One of my buddies and I scared the shit out of more than one salesman in one of those GT's :lol:

At 225hp they don't sound impressive. But never ever think it wont try and kill you at any moment. It stepped out on me crossing the bridge this summer. Scary shit.

Just now, awful knawful said:

At 225hp they don't sound impressive. But never ever think it wont try and kill you at any moment. It stepped out on me crossing the bridge this summer. Scary shit.

That was pretty powerful back then. My '87 Monte Carlo SS only had 180 hp when it was stock.

I let my father drive it once. I needed his truck. He fucking near ruined it in the middle of town! It spun a 180 on main street, full traffic, on a Friday night. 

He said "I let he traffic get ahead. Then I stepped on it".  He was white as fuck when he got home!

No body before or since has driven the car! It's my baby and I know how quick they'll head for the ditch!!  

• Platinum Contributing Member
47 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm shocked at the prices of some of the 60's & 70's Detroit steel.

Its the prices that the customs are fetching that I can't believe. There was a time when people turned up their nose at a custom because it was someone else's expression. These people are paying upwards of $300,000 for one.

The trucks are selling strong too.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Last yr a purple hemi ragtop cuda sold for over a mil, 1 of only 8 built.

this is the one I was thinking of .

This example easily sailed past the $1.32 million achieved by a Plum Crazy 1971 Hemi 'Cuda convertible at Barrett-Jackson in 2013.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/plymouth-hemi-cuda-convertible-brings-35-million#ixzz54lsIgqRe

Edited by steve from amherst
  • Like 1