Check your account email address ×

Rather than raising the debt ceiling...

Crnr2Crnr

4 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Or we can just guillotine the rich...

it's not the fault of the rich or the poor - but those of us in the middle get to carry the burden

the problem is the people/parties we continuously elect to do our bidding, which don't actually do their fucking jobs

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's not the fault of the rich or the poor - but those of us in the middle get to carry the burden

the problem is the people/parties we continuously elect to do our bidding, which don't actually do their fucking jobs

They're doing their jobs, they work for the rich. Bourgeois electoralism is a scam.

10 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You mean like Bill Clinton did? 

After the midterm slapdown and the GOP forced budget yes just like that.  But much much more extreme at this point . You know my stance never changes  25% on every line then start making the real cuts . 

7 hours ago, motonoggin said:

They do, but they won't, because capitalism doesn't really work. 

Well then in your mind wage stagnation isn’t about debt, or surplus, so why even make the argument? Seems the heart of your issue is capitalism in general.

Edited by akvanden

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

It's not my fault you idiots keep voting for your oppressors.

Participating in the bourgeois electoralism scam implies consent to it's authority. 

Your entire life and how you live it implies consent to its authority. Your key strokes ring extremely hollow . 

21 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Well then in your mind wage stagnation isn’t about debt, or surplus, so why even make the argument? Seems the heart of your issue is capitalism in general.

Until that is you start a grow buisness expand to a extraction operation  off the labor of others that you don't even have profit sharing for . Then continue to cone on FS and cry about the evil of capitalism in the gally of your Chris craft . 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, akvanden said:

It's all connected. 40 years of debt injections enabled stagnant wages.

And duh.

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Your entire life and how you live it implies consent to its authority. Your key strokes ring extremely hollow . 

There's a huge difference between participating in the scam like a dipshit, and pointing out that it's a scam. 

I can see why you want to ignore that, though. 

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The rich for the most part pay their fair share...the top 1% pay 24.3% of the entire tax burden.  The top 5% pay 40.6%

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 9/26/2021 at 8:38 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

why not figure out a way to actually pay down the debt? 

If I had a credit card that was maxed out, I wouldn't call my bank and ask them to raise my credit limit. Would you?

We elect all these people to look out for our best interests and that includes the monetary health and stability of our credit card.  I honestly cannot recall the last time the Democrats and Republicans worked unilaterally to address the problem and both parties are equally guilty for continuously kicking the can down the road. 

As far as I'm concerned I hope it doesn't get raised, we shut the government down and us credit card owners get pissed off and start asking questions. 

There is no "paying down" or more so paying off this debt.   We need a balanced budget amendment that does not allow taxes to get above around 17% of previous year's GDP unless in a time of actual war declared by congress.   If we can pay it down some great but at this point we need to let the economy grow and the debt to maintain or shrink slightly and become a smaller percentage of our overall spending/economy. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Its not just the percentage they pay but also the percentage they earn.   

okay..they pay the highest marginal rates.

when 1% of the population is paying 1/4 of all the federal taxes, you cant really say with a straight face they dont pay their fair share.

#facts over feelings. 

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

when 1% of the population is paying 1/4 of all the federal taxes, you cant really say with a straight face they dont pay their fair share.

#facts over feelings. 

And the people bleating tha rich don’t pay their fair share are the ones paying little to nothing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

#facts over feelings. 

Dude I not claiming they don't pay their fair share.   I'm saying showing the % they earn as comparison to the % they pay makes it more obvious they pay more than their fair share. 

In essence they earn a much smaller % than they pay. 2018 they paid 40.1% of income taxes yet earned 20.9% of the income.

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-of-the-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2020-update/

Edited by Highmark

4 hours ago, motonoggin said:

It's all connected. 40 years of debt injections enabled stagnant wages.

And duh.

Well you can see the confusion. Debt spending provides artificial demand, which should increase the need for labor, causing labor constraints, causing wage inflation.... but then then all of the sudden you reply "yeah well, that won't work because capitalism doesn't work."

Why do labor constraints not cause wage inflation in capitalism?

41 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dude I not claiming they don't pay their fair share.   I'm saying showing the % they earn as comparison to the % they pay makes it more obvious they pay more than their fair share. 

In essence they earn a much smaller % than they pay. 2018 they paid 40.1% of income taxes yet earned 20.9% of the income.

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-of-the-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2020-update/

That percentage of income earned is a leftist trick...They pretend that the pie is fixed and because they made 20.9% of the income someone else was shorted their fair share. The truth is the pie is forever expanding. 

14 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

That percentage of income earned is a leftist trick...They pretend that the pie is fixed and because they made 20.9% of the income someone else was shorted their fair share. The truth is the pie is forever expanding. 

No....its IRS data.   Its shows they pay way more of a percentage than they earn.   The left don't want the public to know that. 

5 hours ago, akvanden said:

Well you can see the confusion. Debt spending provides artificial demand, which should increase the need for labor, causing labor constraints, causing wage inflation.... but then then all of the sudden you reply "yeah well, that won't work because capitalism doesn't work."

Why do labor constraints not cause wage inflation in capitalism?

Historically there hasn't been many labor shortages because worker productivity has steadily increased year over year, and population growth has grown the worker pool.

Edited by motonoggin