Check your account email address ×

Trail work

3 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Damn i keep forgetting about that!!

I'm hoping for a pepin crossing ride up into wi this year!!

We are too.  This season has me a bit skeptical that we'll be able to do it, but still hoping for the best.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

We are too.  This season has me a bit skeptical that we'll be able to do it, but still hoping for the best.

Just make sure Paul measures ice for us again!  😂

• Haha 1

We all need to catch up together some friday this winter for burger at Bwells!!

Trails permitting i Usually take fridays off to ride!!

I'm sure i can get a few to tag along!!

Edited by X2700
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, X2700 said:

We trailered across couple times last year.one day we were going to cross but pepin county closed so we headed to wheeler.

Did I share the story from last year when we were doing our U.P. tour and we were up in Copper Harbor?  Sitting up there and in walks two local guys we know, from Zumbro Falls.  Conversation went like this:

"Holy shit - what the hell?  Where did you guys come from?"

- "We rode from Namakagon today.  Actually, we're doing our own "tour" like you guys are, except we started from Zumbro Falls yesterday.  Tomorrow we head back to Namakagon and then Tuesday we'll head back home to ZF."

And here we thought we had a pretty decent trip planned!!! :lolz:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Did I share the story from last year when we were doing our U.P. tour and we were up in Copper Harbor?  Sitting up there and in walks two local guys we know, from Zumbro Falls.  Conversation went like this:

"Holy shit - what the hell?  Where did you guys come from?"

- "We rode from Namakagon today.  Actually, we're doing our own "tour" like you guys are, except we started from Zumbro Falls yesterday.  Tomorrow we head back to Namakagon and then Tuesday we'll head back home to ZF."

And here we thought we had a pretty decent trip planned!!! :lolz:

Thats a trip!!

We've throw the idea of riding up to stone lake from home but haven't made the trip yet.Also thinking ride from stone lake to eagle river to catch races!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As long as the trails are shut down there was a section we couldn't get through with the groomer so got out there today and brushed it out.

20240124_102802.jpg

20240124_102352.jpg

• Like 5

I clicked the like reaction, Doug, but I feel like I should have clicked the sad one instead.  Late January, and this is just downright depressing.

14 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I clicked the like reaction, Doug, but I feel like I should have clicked the sad one instead.  Late January, and this is just downright depressing.

The base is actually decent yet but I don't know for how long.  10-15 deg cooler could be riding.  Last week it was only around 5-10  deg out.

• 1 month later...

Talk about irony.  I literally just shared a message on our club's FB page that we received from MNUSA as to why trails should be given serious consideration before going out to remove signs.  I think all of us (club members and land owners) are ready to have signs pulled, but MNUSA is frowning upon it because our Grant-In-Aid (GIA) trails are "available" from December 1st to March 31st.  So in the event we get a whopper of a storm, people should be able to ride (if we open the trails!).

I know our club would love to go out and pull signs, but we're just waiting until the official end of the season - or if a land owner tells us to remove them so they can start field work early.

Yup, just got that email as well.  I’m guessing it was spurred by the door knob that posted on fake book having already pulled their signs.  I mean if your gonna do it, don’t show the world you are now in jeopardy of losing your 4th grant money, in MN anyway.

6 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Yup, just got that email as well.  I’m guessing it was spurred by the door knob that posted on fake book having already pulled their signs.  I mean if your gonna do it, don’t show the world you are now in jeopardy of losing your 4th grant money, in MN anyway.

I saw that post, and actually commented on it (about feeling their pain).  I was actually going to comment to them about their funding from MNUSA being in jeopardy but figured they should know & didn't want to start some sort of pissing match.

• Like 1

We seen where a neighboring club pulled their signs Saturday.  There was a couple areas that were always wet in the spring of the year and we could drive through with a pickup so that's what we did.

Nothings froze with long term forecast not looking good for snow also a concern of crop damage now don't see the trails being able to open.  Our funding and payment is a little different Minnesota.  As far as our county we have to carry any and all expenses and receive just a final payment for all labor, grooming and expenses in May or as late as June.         

We called DNR last week as I wanted to pull stakes Sunday but they said not till April 1!!

I said if guys start field work I’m pulling!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, X2700 said:

We called DNR last week as I wanted to pull stakes Sunday but they said not till April 1!!

I said if guys start field work I’m pulling!!

This is the one caveat that they will still honor the grants for.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, X2700 said:

At this point guys will just tear shit up if it did snow!!

Would need 12+ !!

I think even 12" would just turn into a shit show at this point with the ground not being frozen.  We're ready to pull stakes, but holding off until the end of the month (or a land owner's phone call).

• Like 3

Minnesota sent out notices to keep the trail marked and the county we're in up Nth Wisconsin sent out the official notice that the trails will be closed for the season March 6st

Screenshot_20240304_174235_Facebook.jpg

I like that Sconnie has perfectly groomed trails before opening…

I like that MN will let you ride them at your own risk better.

• Like 1

Contact our alliance president about picking up signs.  Text me this morning that it was not a problem so we're picking up more today.

20240305_103406.jpg

13 minutes ago, Doug said:

Contact out alliance president about picking up signs.  Text me this morning that it was not a problem so we're picking up more today.

20240305_103406.jpg

Yeah, no way Sconnie opens trails any more this year with the “rules” they follow.  Could a forest road rip via the Tuscobia still happen??  Possibly, if you are up there when it happens.  

1 minute ago, X2700 said:

Guys out plowing in Rochester area today!!!

waiting for that call!!!

I heard that too, from the local gas truck guy at AG Partners.  I'm sure it's just a matter of time before we get calls to our club to head out and pull stakes.  Well, I hope anyway ... hate to see them go out without letting us know and just freaking plow over the stakes!

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

Guys out plowing in Rochester area today!!!

waiting for that call!!!

Yep, I've seen a few posts on Facebook of guys doing field work and applying anhydrous in Southern mn.