Check your account email address ×

Free Lunch!!!

8 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

That is the big picture, public school systems are going down a slippery slope where they start to force their agendas and take away the responsibilities of the parents. They really need to just go back to educating our children properly.

Days long gone.

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
43 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Obviously we feed hungry kids...but do we feed all kids? Do we means test individuals? Do we Check to see if other agencies aren't duplicating the efforts such as WIC. Should the recipient have to submit any information on how their family income is spent, I mean if Mom & Dad both have new(ish) vehicles financed would it be fair to have them make better choices...Do they get to have a $250.00 cable bill while we pay for the kids lunch. 

OR as usual "ALL HAIL THE RECIPIENT CLASS" 

Are we feeding all the kids or just some?? Like I said, the majority of kids at my kids school bring lunch. Up until last year parents did have to meet requirements to receive a discounted or free lunch as you can see in the last paragraph.:thumbsup:

IMG_20210813_102925288.jpg

IMG_20210813_103148014.jpg

Edited by Rigid1
Add application photo for free lunch

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You should ask this question to the people who made these programs.  If the government thought like this, then why are they offering it to ALL families now?

Do you think the "wealthy/middle class" people got the way they are without taking full advantage of any taxes or programs offered?  There were many companies that took PP loans that didn't need

So your comparing a company taking a not needed a pp loan to a kid getting a free piece of french toast and a glass of milk?? Really?? You're really out there man..like JT level..:lol:

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

So your comparing a company taking a not needed a pp loan to a kid getting a free piece of french toast and a glass of milk?? Really?? You're really out there man..like JT level..:lol:

Dude, feeding hungry kids is not the issue.   Relying on the government to feed ALL kids is the problem.   Kids being taught this is a problem.

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Dude, feeding hungry kids is not the issue.   Relying on the government to feed ALL kids is the problem.   Kids being taught this is a problem.

Of all the things wrong with present day education systems,this is the least of all worries. I would try to point out the obvious with this but it seems @Rigid1 has it covered :bc:

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Do something for me, look on your local school districts website and get an enrollment #. Then Go to your local school today at noon and count how many kids show up to get a free lunch.. Do some simple math and let me know if they are feeding ALL the students in your district..:lol:

Just now, HSR said:

Of all the things wrong with present day education systems,this is the least of all worries. I would try to point out the obvious with this but it seems @Rigid1 has it covered :bc:

Hey, when you add up all these little things.  Like boiling a lobster, you don't put it directly in boiling water.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Do something for me, look on your local school districts website and get an enrollment #. Then Go to your local school today at noon and count how many kids show up to get a free lunch.. Do some simple math and let me know if they are feeding ALL the students in your district..:lol:

Seems you are missing the point.  Some kids will take bag lunch, but NO KID will be paying for the lunch offered at the school district. 

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Seems you are missing the point.  Some kids will take bag lunch, but NO KID will be paying for the lunch offered at the school district.

Thanks for clearing that up, makes total sense now.....:lol:

Hey @racer254 my kids and ALL kids are issued a free Chromebook every year for school. Obviously paid for with tax dollars. Think kids should get those too or nah?? Or did I just make your head explode in anger??

Edited by Rigid1

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Hey @racer254 my kids are issued a free Chromebook every year for school. Obviously paid for with tax dollars. Think kids should get those too or nah?? Or did I just make your head explode in anger??

Yeah, we all got textbooks when we were kids.  Now chromebooks are used in place of them.  And they have to give them back at the end of the year and pay for them if they are broke.  That's not free.  Am I missing something?  LOL  great try.

Edited by racer254

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Yeah, we all got textbooks when we were kids.  Now chromebooks are used in place of them.  And they have to give them back at the end of the year and pay for them if they are broke.  That's not free.  Am I missing something?  LOL  great try.

It still cost the tax payers did it not? It will indoctrinate the kids to think the government will provide them with free Chromebooks for the rest of their lives!! Why should a parent making 200k a year get a free Chromebook when they have a nice car!!?? Amirite??:lol:

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

That is the big picture, public school systems are going down a slippery slope where they start to force their agendas and take away the responsibilities of the parents. They really need to just go back to educating our children properly.

The parental unit is so different these days. 

10 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It still cost the tax payers did it not? It will indoctrinate the kids to think the government will provide them with free Chromebooks for the rest of their lives!! Why should a parent making 200k a year get a free Chromebook when they have a nice car!!?? Amirite??:lol:

Everyone is given the tools they need for their education.  You can justify this any way you want, but it is just making a bigger welfare state for the future and you know that, but you just want to try and dismiss it.  That's what they want.  If you really want to act this way, then why not give everyone a free firearm as well? 

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Everyone is given the tools they need for their education.  You can justify this any way you want, but it is just making a bigger welfare state for the future and you know that, but you just want to try and dismiss it.  That's what they want.  If you really want to act this way, then why not give everyone a free firearm as well? 

Bahaha, nice :backpeddle:

Free Chromebook is good!!

Free french toast sticks and you are creating a welfare state!!!

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Bahaha, nice :backpeddle:

Free Chromebook is good!!

Free french toast sticks and you are creating a welfare state!!!

:lol:

Dude, It's not free when you have to give it back at the end of the year.  Nice try.

• Gold Member
42 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Hey @racer254 my kids and ALL kids are issued a free Chromebook every year for school. Obviously paid for with tax dollars. Think kids should get those too or nah?? Or did I just make your head explode in anger??

Mine actually got a stand for home use during covid for free lol

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Dude, It's not free when you have to give it back at the end of the year.  Nice try.

Omg, were the chromebooks purchased with our tax dollars just like the free lunches are that your hair is on fire about?? It's a simple yes or no answer..

I'm sure a kid can give back his lunch after he ate it, take about 24hrs, but I don't think you are going to want it back

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Omg, were the chromebooks purchased with our tax dollars just like the free lunches are that your hair is on fire about?? It's a simple yes or no answer..

I'm sure a kid can give back his lunch after he ate it, take about 24hrs, but I don't think you are going to want it back

You're getting sucked into the vortex pull up man!PULL UP!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

You're getting sucked into the vortex pull up man!PULL UP!!!!!!

Haha!! Its interesting how hypocritical some people can be and go way off the deep end in their own hypocrisy..:lol:

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Haha!! Its interesting how hypocritical some people can be and go way off the deep end in their own hypocrisy..:lol:

It is interesting how people fall into this stuff.  Its to bad they hold up members of this forum to a higher standard then their elected officials.

It is like speaking to a wall with some.  What's next, free utensils and dinner plates.  YEE HAW.   But it's FREEEEEE

And we wonder why the cost of education is skyrocketing. 

Edited by racer254