Check your account email address ×

2 Days Into The School Year, A Florida District Asked 440 Students To Quarantine

And away we go….

2 Days Into The School Year, A Florida District Asked 440 Students To Quarantine

Source: NPR

Palm Beach County, Fla., has asked 440 students to quarantine just two days into the school year, after 51 students and faculty had confirmed cases on COVID-19. 

The School District of Palm Beach County, the 10th largest school district in the country, teaches an estimated 197,000 students, according to the district's website. While students and staff are required to wear masks in the district, Interim School District Superintendent Michael Burke said in an interview with MSNBC that 5,700 Palm Beach students have opted out, per an order from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis that allows parents to give permission to their children to do so. 

Burke blamed the opt-out rule as the reason for the spike in cases, calling on DeSantis to make changes to protect students from infection. 

"The governor has got to take responsibility for establishing the ground rules we're operating under," Burke said. "This ability for families to opt out is leading to more cases, which will ultimately send more kids home and deprive them of that traditional classroom experience."

Read more: https://www.npr.org/2021/08/12/1027222426/palm-beach-florida-school-district-440-students-quarantine-covid 

44 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

So 51 students out of almost 200,000 tested positive, notice they didn't say any were actually sick. You know liberal media would be all over it if even one student was sick.

They are all actors.

48 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

So 51 students out of almost 200,000 tested positive, notice they didn't say any were actually sick. You know liberal media would be all over it if even one student was sick.

Might as well keep the 51 in rotation and see what happens.

13 minutes ago, akvanden said:

More than likely nothing, of all the kids local that have tested positive none have gotten sick, are you really not tired of all the games liberal have been handing the kids?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

More than likely nothing, of all the kids local that have tested positive none have gotten sick, are you really not tired of all the games liberal have been handing the kids?

These kids all live by themselves?

Even if they did “The number of patients presenting at Memorial Health and Joe DiMaggio Children’s emergency rooms with COVID also has exploded, Ford said, from 23 in June to 240 in July, a nearly 1,000% increase.

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253250073.html

“The rate of rise has been really more than what we in the children’s hospital have seen at any point in time in this pandemic,” Ford said. “That to me is concerning.”

Those liberal children’s hospitals are the worst…..

So out of the 46 kids admitted out of what millions, do you think they might have had other health problems? If I had time, it would be interesting to see how many kids have gotten other illnesses in New York or California that are caused from wearing masks constantly when not needed? I know there were issues from sports, Minnesota changed their mask requirements half way thru the sport season last year.

• Platinum Contributing Member

.0002% :hdchr:  I wonder how this generation of kids in school now will end up. Just how messed up and emotionally scarred 

236565337_4203996836314027_8819613074897613985_n.thumb.jpg.628ae4e8832f200fb2250e99c78e786e.jpg

Edited by Skidooski

8 hours ago, akvanden said:

We should kill them and end the risk of imminent death of us all!!!  :lol:

7 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Exactly.  Many love these petty little political games….we’ll, just the whiney liberals do.

7 hours ago, airflite1 said:

So out of the 46 kids admitted out of what millions, do you think they might have had other health problems? If I had time, it would be interesting to see how many kids have gotten other illnesses in New York or California that are caused from wearing masks constantly when not needed? I know there were issues from sports, Minnesota changed their mask requirements half way thru the sport season last year.

The dumb is strong for those living in constant fear of death.  My question is, why live this way?  Isn’t death a relieving answer for these people?  Hard to imagine….and then imagine thinking others not doing what you want is making life even harder.  I just laugh.