Check your account email address ×

COVID Cruizer :update.

Started this build the week of lockdown.  New owners now.  Change of direction. Thought i would have more time to work on it, still a lot more to do, but starting to look like a truck. 

F9B34CAC-1208-4694-8ECF-1F8BEEACB167.jpeg

C5241291-9067-448A-AF3F-917E69E5A252.jpeg

B502EF32-D7F0-44B0-BBED-9CC2ECBFD143.png

81D22802-6115-424D-A652-9794703C9F2F.jpeg

D00C1C68-5F99-4968-A027-F8C647E51D30.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

What kind of time did you have in her to get to that point 

I was keeping track of hours, but never totaled it up.   Between old owners and new owners I have 16 k in it.  Not nearly enough. Started doing it for a buddy at a buddy price. 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

If you come across a nice Gen I Camaro decklid and spoiler let me know. It's for his 67 RS/SS. After my dads passing we can't find it :sad: 

My buddy has the identical car. When he purchased it off an old lady years ago he painted it candy apple red but has since turned it back into the original factory color. Luckily for him he had a friend who worked at AG Simpson here in Oshawa and had numerous parts chromed for him. 

HPIM1152 (Medium).JPG

HPIM1148.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Looks like it was a pretty solid truck to start 👍. What year is it 71/72. Nice work

Yeah, it came out of Georgia.  It was never a weekend driver.  Old farm truck, still in use.  Had to put a floor,  fender apron, core support, due to rust, but it was sold.  Couldn’t find decent hod,  so I had to make one out of two hoods.  71 

3A1A70E9-0D1E-4610-BB6E-46C62A45C619.jpeg

28C5759D-9080-4F1C-B6B1-01C5C3F300A1.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

If you come across a nice Gen I Camaro decklid and spoiler let me know. It's for his 67 RS/SS. After my dads passing we can't find it :sad: 

Oem is going to be hard to find. The aftermarket stuff has gotten a lot better. You do need to rework it, but it is usable. I just did this 442.  

BEDEA95A-86ED-4CC6-811E-09EF6C98CC03.jpeg

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yeah, it came out of Georgia.  It was never a weekend driver.  Old farm truck, still in use.  Had to put a floor,  fender apron, core support, due to rust, but it was sold.  Couldn’t find decent hod,  so I had to make one out of two hoods.  71 

3A1A70E9-0D1E-4610-BB6E-46C62A45C619.jpeg

28C5759D-9080-4F1C-B6B1-01C5C3F300A1.jpeg

Nice work on that hood section👍. gotta love them southern or western vehicles saves a lot of time starting with something decent. 

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Oem is going to be hard to find. The aftermarket stuff has gotten a lot better. You do need to rework it, but it is usable. I just did this 442.  

My buddy got a aftermarket door for his 57 Apache that i’ve been helping with the body shit. It actually fit really nice needed only minor tweaking. The roof hat sun visor thing not so much. They have definitely come a long way though. 

Edited by 800renegaderider

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Nice old convertible. I wish I could do work like that just not in my wheel house :bc: Sounds like Woodward is back on this year. I might actually just go out during the week this time instead of doing the jammed up weekend cruise.

The whole car was reworked and put back together about 75% to a Pro-street level so that tells you how long the project had been going on for. lol  I can find all kinds of extra OEM parts he had except for the two painted to match pieces I need. Figures! Maybe I'll go see a psychic medium and see if we can ask him where the heck he stashed them :lol: 

13 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Nice work on that hood section👍. gotta love them southern or western vehicles saves a lot of time starting with something decent. 

Yup,. I piss a lot of people off when I tell them to sell that rusty pos and find a solid project.  They go squealing out of here, all mad.  No more rust buckets!  
The aftermarket stuff has gotten so much better. It was complete garbage when it first came out. 

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Nice old convertible. I wish I could do work like that just not in my wheel house :bc: Sounds like Woodward is back on this year. I might actually just go out during the week this time instead of doing the jammed up weekend cruise.

The whole car was reworked and put back together about 75% to a Pro-street level so that tells you how long the project had been going on for. lol  I can find all kinds of extra OEM parts he had except for the two painted to match pieces I need. Figures! Maybe I'll go see a psychic medium and see if we can ask him where the heck he stashed them :lol: 

Good luck!  
So much better going down during week.  Always at square lk rd corner on Saturday,  if you make it down. Cool to meet you in person. 

13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

IIRC, that is a mostly white Camaro with black striping? If it is the car I am thinking of, it is sweet and would definitely be worthwhile getting it on the road. 

16 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

My buddy got a aftermarket door for his 57 Apache that i’ve been helping with the body shit. It actually fit really nice needed only minor tweaking. The roof hat sun visor thing not so much. They have definitely come a long way though. 

Look at this pos a customer paid $500 for.  :lol:  

6C30E01A-7EDD-4445-B2EA-B823A15522FE.jpeg

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ouch lol. A inch think of mud will fix that :lol:.  Thats really bad what brand is that panel?

No idea. Told him get that shit out of here before I run over it.  Found a “usable “ donor panel out In Arizona. 
pretty much what you had to work with years ago.  We used to get cuts shipped from southern yards, but anything popular is long gone.  Calling on the phone,  getting a packet of pictures shipped to you.  The good old days!  

• Platinum Contributing Member
47 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Good luck!  
So much better going down during week.  Always at square lk rd corner on Saturday,  if you make it down. Cool to meet you in person. 

We'll see how things play out. They might cancel the whole thing again this year cause you know....... Delta, Lambda etc but if they don't I hope to see you out there :bc: 

44 minutes ago, irv said:

IIRC, that is a mostly white Camaro with black striping? If it is the car I am thinking of, it is sweet and would definitely be worthwhile getting it on the road. 

Arctic white but no stripes. Even with the narrowed rear end and the giant tubs on it he put tires maybe just a tad to big under it. lol Not even sure what fuel it's set up for anymore. Wish I could find some notes or receipts, something. So many question I wish I had time to ask.