Check your account email address ×

Bump....

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

Well you obviously want to choose whether someone lives or not. Look at murders by guns only or its not even worth having an argument with you. Gigantic difference between choosing to end your own life and having someone take another's life you religious wackjob. :snack:

I not choosing for anyone.  The simple fact is more guns equate to more suicide/homicide.  The correlation is evident from state to state and other countries.  Sure - there are always going to be a few outliers but it doesn't change the basic premise of the argument.  You're defending a dead end - saying no to any and all gun policy will only result in more drastic measures being taken down the road.  Be careful what you wish for. :bc: 

Edited by SnowRider

32 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I not choosing for anyone.  The simple fact is more guns equate to more suicide/homicide.  The correlation is evident from state to state and other countries.  Sure - there are always going to be a few outliers but it doesn't change the basic premise of the argument.  You're defending a dead end - saying no to any and all gun policy will only result in more drastic measures being taken down the road.  Be careful what you wish for. :bc: 

No , more and more people will be killed as long as we don't identify the people with terrorist ties and do something about it...along with mental illness...same thing I guess. 

Edited by Capt.Storm

35 minutes ago, hockeyrevman said:

SR, I don't see where the suicide rate is based off of guns. Are there other ways that the suicides have been committed? It seems you are assuming these suicides have been committed by guns?

Well why not use a gun..pretty sure fired way of doing it..though it does make a mess at times that some poor sucker has to clean.

I mean do you really want to look like a failure at suicide even?

Edited by Capt.Storm

It turns out that big, scary military rifles don’t kill the vast majority of the 11,000 Americans murdered with guns each year. Little handguns do.

In 2012, only 322 people were murdered with any kind of rifle, F.B.I. data shows.

The continuing focus on assault weapons stems from the media’s obsessive focus on mass shootings, which disproportionately involve weapons like the AR-15, a civilian version of the military M16 rifle. This, in turn, obscures some grim truths about who is really dying from gunshots.

Annually, 5,000 to 6,000 black men are murdered with guns. Black men amount to only 6 percent of the population. Yet of the 30 Americans on average shot to death each day, half are black males.

It was much the same in the early 1990s when Democrats created and then banned a category of guns they called “assault weapons.” America was then suffering from a spike in gun crime and it seemed like a problem threatening everyone. Gun murders each year had been climbing: 11,000, then 13,000, then 17,000.

Democrats decided to push for a ban of what seemed like the most dangerous guns in America: assault weapons, which were presented by the media as the gun of choice for drug dealers and criminals, and which many in law enforcement wanted to get off the streets.

This politically defined category of guns — a selection of rifles, shotguns and handguns with “military-style” features — only figured in about 2 percent of gun crimes nationwide before the ban.

:news:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

did you not state in another thread that you own numerous guns? so you are saying as long as you have your guns fuck everybody else, We need to implement laws that allow doctors and family members to report people with mental issues to authorities that there is an issue, same with someone who has had red flags thrown due to any number of reasons, these weapons being used in these attacks are NOT full automatic weapons but will fire as fast as the person pulling the trigger can pull it. get off your high horse and start using facts instead of left wing talking points you worthless piece of shit; I believe that slithery is not going to have a walk in the park to Penn Ave.  I have been a left leaning independent for 30+ years but the left has lost it's fucking mind, not that the right is any better but Trump is more in line with the will of the people than any of these career politicians will ever be and will do better than you hacks think he will, good luck in Nov. FYI I go through several back ground checks a year due to my job, including TSA. these attacks have nothing to do with guns it's just the tool they choose to use, make it more difficult for the people who shouldn't have them to get them instead of infringing on our rights

• Like 1

Dare I say it but shit if black people are 60% of the violence and rifles of ANY kind are 2% why cant we just ban all black people from owning guns that's mathematically a FUCKING HOME RUN.

Give me a break. There's over 100 million legally owned semi automatic rifles and very few of them are responsible for what we are seeing.

Dickriders charts are cute but no thanks. Not convincing anyone. Hillary's a joke and its sad that we are even at this point. Not worried about anyone coming to get my AR. :bc:

Also about 58 million people came out to vote for this primary total and guess what that's only 28% of all eligible voters :( 

I cant believe we have that many dumb robotic people who just dont even give a fuck. its amazing. 70% of Merica just doesn't care :wtf:

Pretty mind blowing.

3 hours ago, SnowRider said:

We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Once the AR-15 is banned they'll come for handguns and other semi-automatic weapons. There's no compromising with these people, just like the humane society trying to ban bear baiting when they really want to ban all hunting. We'll see how it shakes out, but until then I'll continuing fearing for my life from people that are killing themselves. :lol:

Just now, GGNHL said:

We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Once the AR-15 is banned they'll come for handguns and other semi-automatic weapons. There's no compromising with these people, just like the humane society trying to ban bear baiting when they really want to ban all hunting. We'll see how it shakes out, but until then I'll continuing fearing for my life from people that are killing themselves. :lol:

:nuts: There's no compromising with the NRA and as a result - their popularity is diminishing. Most gun legislation being discussed is supported by the majority of citizens...like I said - Be careful what you wish for :bc: 

:lol: Humane society and bear baiting :lol: Stick to the subject Junior :lol: 

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:nuts: There's no compromising with the NRA and as a result - their popularity is diminishing. Most gun legislation being discussed is supported by the majority of citizens...like I said - Be careful what you wish for :bc: 

Most citizens supported going to war with Iraq too and how did that turn out? :lol:

We'll see how it shakes out, I don't have a problem passing a background check, but saying we have too many guns, how do you plan on confiscating said weapons, especially out of the hands of criminals? We do just fine up here with tons of guns yet are one of the safest states in the nation. Seems like it's only certain demographics statistically that need their weapons taken. :snack:

The humane society is a good comparison to anti gun nuts sparky, you're one of the bleeding hearts that would support them too. :lol:

Edited by GGNHL
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

In bold. Maybe on facebook lmao

Like said 58 million voters and probably close to 400 million legally registered guns.. Eh.. Plus in your dream world you forgot there are way too many ar-15s legally owned by good people to outright get rid of them. The only real legislation getting passed is background/terror/no fly checks and maybe the FBI can do there fucking job. Thats all man. :news:

:fool: Nobody GAF about Maine.  It's an after thought and you should do yourself a favor and get out more often while you're young.  Sure Maine is a nice a state - but there's are a lot of nice states.  Maine has more defensive Butthurt Frenchmen than any other state - I'll give you that. 

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

did you not state in another thread that you own numerous guns? so you are saying as long as you have your guns fuck everybody else, We need to implement laws that allow doctors and family members to report people with mental issues to authorities that there is an issue, same with someone who has had red flags thrown due to any number of reasons, these weapons being used in these attacks are NOT full automatic weapons but will fire as fast as the person pulling the trigger can pull it. get off your high horse and start using facts instead of left wing talking points you worthless piece of shit; I believe that slithery is not going to have a walk in the park to Penn Ave.  I have been a left leaning independent for 30+ years but the left has lost it's fucking mind, not that the right is any better but Trump is more in line with the will of the people than any of these career politicians will ever be and will do better than you hacks think he will, good luck in Nov. FYI I go through several back ground checks a year due to my job, including TSA. these attacks have nothing to do with guns it's just the tool they choose to use, make it more difficult for the people who shouldn't have them to get them instead of infringing on our rights

I don't think your the only one with this opinion.  The conservatives don't think trump is all that either, but at least he hasn't sold the voters of the US out YET like the clintons.

• Like 1

Just now, racer254 said:

I don't think your the only one with this opinion.  The conservatives don't think trump is all that either, but at least he hasn't sold the voters of the US out YET like the clintons.

:wall:

image.jpeg

• Gold Member

Would universal back ground checks and no fly listers purchases provision have stopped any terrorism foreign or domestic that has happened?

i would rather those going nuts have guns that arent really concealable such as ar's vs pressure cookers and jumbo jets and back packs.  

Only solution to stop these things is infringe on privacy and profile muslims....  Especially the muslims that fly to muslim countries.  If you go out of north america no matter where you go you shouldnt be able to buy a gun.

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:fool: Nobody GAF about Maine.  It's an after thought and you should do yourself a favor and get out more often while you're young.  Sure Maine is a nice a state - but there's are a lot of nice states.  Maine has more defensive Butthurt Frenchmen than any other state - I'll give you that. 

image.jpeg

I didn't have well off parents to let myself screw around in college and after graduation like some accusers here. :snack:

And you guys gave plenty of fucks about Maine with 3 Lepage threads a day there for a while. :lol: And the only butthurt guy I saw on here were the ones posting while golfing and after midnight. :snack:

Not to mention we're never going to implement an Australian type gun ban here, Americans are emotionally attached to their guns and cars. :bc:

Edited by GGNHL

7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Would universal back ground checks and no fly listers purchases provision have stopped any terrorism foreign or domestic that has happened?

i would rather those going nuts have guns that arent really concealable such as ar's vs pressure cookers and jumbo jets and back packs.  

Only solution to stop these things is infringe on privacy and profile muslims....  Especially the muslims that fly to muslim countries.  If you go out of north america no matter where you go you shouldnt be able to buy a gun.

:dunno:

1 minute ago, GGNHL said:

I didn't have well off parents to let myself screw around in college and after graduation like some accusers here. :snack:

And you guys gave plenty of fucks about Maine with 3 Lepage threads a day there for a while. :lol: And the only butthurt guy I saw on here were the ones posting while golfing and after midnight. :snack:

Not to mention we're never going to implement an Australian type gun ban here, Americans are emotionally attached to their guns and cars. :bc:

:nuts:. The Mainetahd's are embarrassing.  The most defensive bunch of lil fella's Eva'h... :lol:. I think you're the only one over 6'0.... :lmao: 

The point is - gun laws do and can work - so the rww's just need to admit they lack the fortitude to pass them.  Hence - they really don't GAF about the victims of mass shootings. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:nuts:. The Mainetahd's are embarrassing.  The most defensive bunch of lil fella's Eva'h... :lol:. I think you're the only one over 6'0.... :lmao: 

The point is - gun laws do and can work - so the rww's just need to admit they lack the fortitude to pass them.  Hence - they really don't GAF about the victims of mass shootings. :dunno:

I knew I was spot on about your upper middle class coddled childhood, no wonder you're as liberal as you are versus a hard working lower middle class guy like me pulling myself up by the bootstraps. :snack::lol:

I could GAF less about whether someone was killed in a group of people or by themselves. Murder is murder. So what specifically would you like to see passed for laws? :dunno:

Just now, GGNHL said:

I knew I was spot on about your upper middle class coddled childhood, no wonder you're as liberal as you are versus a hard working lower middle class guy like me pulling myself up by the bootstraps. :snack::lol:

I could GAF less about whether someone was killed in a group of people or by themselves. Murder is murder. So what specifically would you like to see passed for laws? :dunno:

:nuts: Fill me in on my childhood and coddling.... :lol: 

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:nuts: Fill me in on my childhood and coddling.... :lol: 

Well when you screw off in college and you don't get a job in your field when you get out cause you don't have too... :lol:

So what guns laws do you want?

13 hours ago, GGNHL said:

Well when you screw off in college and you don't get a job in your field when you get out cause you don't have too... :lol:

So what guns laws do you want?

Ha Ha Ha.  Owned right there.