Check your account email address ×

Bump....

37 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

After seeing this HufffPo piece this morning I knew some thin skinned panty waste would start a thread with it. Just wasn't sure if it would be Slope or that one Canuck that pisses himself at the sight of guns.

You still have to pull the trigger for each round to fire which makes it semi auto so by definition it is not an Assault Rifle.

Taintrider is predictable and fits that description :guzzle: 

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

So if legislation is proposed to make them illegal - are any of you clowns gonna support it? 

Dude, you realize anyone can Google how to file the bolt of mant semi automatic weapons correctly to make it fire full auto right? :news:

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Why is an AR 15 marketed as an Assault rifle if I'm told it's just a good ol fashion rifle from the forum peanut gallery? 

Because it makes the play soldiers think they're cool at their local "militia" meetups. A .223 is a very weak round compared to a typical hunting caliber or a shotgun with slugs/buckshot. 

Honestly I could GAF less about owning one as I don't target shoot, but I don't suck penis either but I want the people who do to be able to get married if they want. If someone wants to own a plastic gun that isn't anymore deadly than any other rifle that's fine by me too. :bc:

Edited by GGNHL

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Too many guns. 

So why is Maine such a safe place violent crime wise with all these Mainers having guns and our new constitutional carry law? :dunno::snack:

4 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

So why is Maine such a safe place violent crime wise with all these Mainers having guns and our new constitutional carry law? :dunno::snack:

Let's look at suicide and the correlation - take a look at good Ol Maine

Gun prevalence and suicide rank by state

Mapping the Overlap As these maps show, the correlation between guns and suicide is strong but inexact, since both are influenced by poverty, population density, and crime. The nine states that rank lowest in terms of gun prevalence are the very same nine that rank lowest for suicide rates. Similarly, the three states top-ranked for gun prevalence can be found among the four states ranking highest for suicide rates.

image.jpeg

image.gif

You support right to die legislation correct? I do as well, and to me if someone wants to take their own life that's their decision and not mine. So exclude suicides and we're a very safe state. SBYL. :bc:

6 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

You support right to die legislation correct? I do as well, and to me if someone wants to take their own life that's their decision and not mine. So exclude suicides and we're a very safe state. SBYL. :bc:

Disagree.  Most suicide takes time and planning - except when a gun is involved.  Survivor statistics prove it as the suicide attempt is not repeated. 

Description: This chart compares the number of gun deaths the states have per 100,000 people. The lists show the 20 states with the most gun deaths per 100,000 people and the 20 states with the fewest gun deaths per 100,000 people. The blue rows indicate states that voted for President Obama in 2012 and the red rows indicate states that voted for Governor Romney in 2012.

Discussion: 17 of the 20 states with the fewest gun deaths per capita are blue and 18 of the 20 states with the most are red. The worst state- Alaska- has more than 6 gun deaths per capita for every one the best state- Hawaii- does.

Generally speaking, the most densely populated states tend to have low gun deaths, but many sparsely populated states also appear on the list for the fewest gun deaths.

The states with the fewest gun deaths tend to be the states with the most liberal gun control policies and the states with the most gun deaths tend to be the states with the most conservative gun control policies. However, gun control policies do not actually differ that dramatically between most of the states on the 'best' list and the states on the 'worst' list. For example, what freedom do gun owners in Wyoming have that gun owners in Iowa do not? Given how starkly the lists split along partisan lines, it is hard to imagine that policies do not play a significant role in determining the number of gun deaths in a state.

Note that this statistic represents all gun deaths- not just murders. Suicides, accidental shootings, and non-murder intentional killings are all counted. Some people contend that including suicides is misleading. Certainly you should be clear about what this data is and what it is not. However, in my view, suicides are an important number to consider. Suicide rates are dramatically higher in states with higher levels of gun ownership. Many studies have found that people with a gun in the house are more likely to attempt suicide and far more likely to die from a suicide attempt, suggesting that gun policy can significantly affect the number of suicides.

http://politicsthatwork.com/graphs/gun-deaths-by-state

image.png

Edited by SnowRider

6 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Chit the carts made Main look ok the way I look at..I'm surprised Ny looks even better.

How many suicide deaths are cause by assault rifles?  Or haven't you been spoon fed that information yet?

Using stats from 2002, hilarious.  snowbeavis, list the number of gun deaths by state. 

Edited by racer254

People have the right to choose their gender, choose which bathroom they use, but not to whether they remain alive or not. :lol:

God isnt real and suicide isnt a sin, SnowRider isn't as progressive as I thought. What a RWW. :snack:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Chit the carts made Main look ok the way I look at..I'm surprised Ny looks even better.

No doubt, we're one of the safest places in the US, but we better ban all guns so our murders drop from 19 per year to 15. :lol:

Gun ownership is mandatory for men of military age in Switzerland and the gun death rate in Switzerland is 0.7 per 100,000. 
snowbeavis is just a puppet for the left, everyone here knows that.

Just now, GGNHL said:

No doubt, we're one of the safest places in the US, but we better ban all guns so our murders drop from 19 per year to 15. :lol:

I'll tell you up here in upstate ny,the little city of rochester, they avg one a week.

The city is only 15 mins from me.

5 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

People have the right to choose their gender, choose which bathroom they use, but not to whether they remain alive or not. :lol:

God isnt real and suicide isnt a sin, SnowRider isn't as progressive as I thought. What a RWW. :snack:

You forgot to mention that women have the right to kill their unborn.

4 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Funny the conservatives want to make all the choices for us.  The point is the more readily available guns are the more deaths related to them.  It's an obvious correlation between states and between countries.  Why is that? :dunno: 

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Funny the conservatives want to make all the choices for us.  The point is the more readily available guns are the more deaths related to them.  It's an obvious correlation between states and between countries.  Why is that? :dunno: 

Main thing might be- what for shape their cities are in.

Edited by Capt.Storm

On June 14, 2016 at 6:07 PM, SnowRider said:

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Gun ownership is mandatory for men of military age in Switzerland and the gun death rate in Switzerland is 0.7 per 100,000. 
snowbeavis is just a puppet for the left, everyone here knows that.

:wall:. I'm always amazed by your stupidity :lmao: 

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

Main thing might be what for shape their cities are in.

Can you sober up or at least start to post in English?  :nuts:

Edited by SnowRider

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Well you obviously want to choose whether someone lives or not. Look at murders by guns only or its not even worth having an argument with you. Gigantic difference between choosing to end your own life and having someone take another's life you religious wackjob. :snack:

This is a very telling chart the more I look at it.

I'm assuming the blue states  are dem states? Not that it really matters.

Look at the state of Illinois . Pretty safe state...but in that state if you go to Chicago -not so safe at all.

image.png

Edited by Capt.Storm