Check your account email address ×

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of sars cov coronavirus

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, akvanden said:

And here I thought everyone had already made up their mind and thought it was a farce. Glad to hear glad to hear you're still hopeful for it - maybe we'll see some positive posts sometime soon.

I've posted that there should be no doubt that the vaccines have been effective here in the US and abroad.   My issue is and has been the nature in which they are trying to administer it as well as the fact they ignored other viable options in order to get EUA. 

Did you know they did give EAU to Hydroxy here in the US then pulled it?  They may have killed tens of thousands in order to get their EU vaccine.  That's fucking criminal dude.

Now they won't approve or even study Ivermectin for the same foolish reason.   Got to protect the jab.   That's fucking stupid.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-pulls-emergency-use-authorization-hydroxychloroquine-covid-19-n1231076

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-legal-regulatory-and-policy-framework/emergency-use-authorization

Under section 564 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), when the Secretary of HHS declares that an emergency use authorization is appropriate, FDA may authorize unapproved medical products or unapproved uses of approved medical products to be used in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions caused by CBRN threat agents when certain criteria are met, including there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives.

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, irv said:

Since this whole covid/vaccine thing started, I don't recall reading anything about anyone who wished/hoped this vaccine didn't work. 

Again, where are you getting this from, or are you just assuming this is the case? 

I assumed, based on the negativity, calling people "sheep", other explatives, that people were pretty entrenched and had made up their minds. Glad to hear otherwise though!

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've posted that there should be no doubt that the vaccines have been effective here in the US and abroad.   My issue is and has been the nature in which they are trying to administer it as well as the fact they ignored other viable options in order to get EUA. 

Did you know they did give EAU to Hydroxy here in the US then pulled it?  They may have killed tens of thousands in order to get their EU vaccine.  That's fucking criminal dude. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-pulls-emergency-use-authorization-hydroxychloroquine-covid-19-n1231076

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-legal-regulatory-and-policy-framework/emergency-use-authorization

Under section 564 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), when the Secretary of HHS declares that an emergency use authorization is appropriate, FDA may authorize unapproved medical products or unapproved uses of approved medical products to be used in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions caused by CBRN threat agents when certain criteria are met, including there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives.

Again, hydroxy was proven ineffective in multiple random double blind clinical studies, both in the US and abroad. I'm happy to link to all of them if you'd like to read the unbiased results. 

Yes, I know they're safe drugs, cheap, and have been around forever, but that doesn't mean it cures cancer, or COVID in this case.

9 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I assumed, based on the negativity, calling people "sheep", other explatives, that people were pretty entrenched and had made up their minds. Glad to hear otherwise though!

Well, it takes two.  Those that believe this vax is a cure are pushing those to get it that don’t need or want it.  Let’s not act like you pro-“stab me with anything to save me” aren’t adding fuel.

Many here have said it…if you want/need it, get it.  If you don’t want/need it, don’t get it.  If either sides components has any problem with the other, they can go fuck themselves.

Seems fair to me.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Again, hydroxy was proven ineffective in multiple random double blind clinical studies, both in the US and abroad. I'm happy to link to all of them if you'd like to read the unbiased results. 

Yes, I know they're safe drugs, cheap, and have been around forever, but that doesn't mean it cures cancer, or COVID in this case.

Well I can link other studies that show Hydroxy was and is effective when used in conjunction with other meds.   Is it as effective as Ivermectin?   Maybe not but the issue remains that this became political in order to get the jab approved.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, it takes two.  Those that believe this vax is a cure are pushing those to get it that don’t need or want it.  Let’s not act like you pro-“stab me with anything to save me” aren’t adding fuel.

Many here have said it…if you want/need it, get it.  If you don’t want/need it, don’t get it.  If either sides components has any problem with the other, they can go fuck themselves.

Seems fair to me.  

I'm pro-choice, which I've states several times. Don't get if it you don't want it.

I'm not pro-misinformation though, which is where the friendly dialogue begins. 

1 minute ago, akvanden said:

I'm pro-choice, which I've states several times. Don't get if it you don't want it.

Ah yes.....misinformation.   Who gets to decide what is misinformation when it comes to anything COVID?

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Ah yes.....misinformation.   Who gets to decide what is misinformation when it comes to anything COVID?

That’s the thing. To the covid fear cult, misinformation is anything fact based when it comes to covid that dispels the fear. Even Maher pointed that out 

• Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

The beauty of debate, hopefully through facts we can all learn more together.

5 minutes ago, akvanden said:

We now have the govt helping big tech to decide what is misinformation.   They even want to try and stop it in text messages.   You agree with that?

Its really not debatable that Hydroxy, Ivermectin and other similar drugs have been proven effective.  There was a study by the govt in 2005 that show this and was posted to start this thread.   In Fauci's released emails there are doctors telling family members to get it.  

A poll of doctors show 65%+ said they would take it given infection or give it to a family member.

Edited by Highmark

10 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Vvvv

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Indeed.

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

That’s the thing. To the covid fear cult, misinformation is anything fact based when it comes to covid that dispels the fear. Even Maher pointed that out 

Yep.

6 minutes ago, akvanden said:

This sounds pompous as hell since you have stated multiple times, in multiple threads that you are the e only one using “facts”.

But hey, you do you….and I can appreciate your strive to stay alive in these truly, horrifically scary times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

This sounds pompous as hell since you have stated multiple times, in multiple threads that you are the e only one using “facts”.

But hey, you do you….and I can appreciate your strive to stay alive in these truly, horrifically scary times.

Generally it's helpful to post where the information came from. I can post all day long things that my uncle told me, or just "general" statements, but that's how misinformation spreads, from both sides. 

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We now have the govt helping big tech to decide what is misinformation.   They even want to try and stop it in text messages.   You agree with that?

Its really not debatable that Hydroxy, Ivermectin and other similar drugs have been proven effective.  There was a study by the govt in 2005 that show this and was posted to start this thread.   In Fauci's released emails there are doctors telling family members to get it.  

A poll of doctors show 65%+ said they would take it given infection or give it to a family member.

The study from 2005 wasn't tested on the COVID virus in real people. Here some that were though. 

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2772922

https://twin-cities.umn.edu/news-events/university-minnesota-trial-shows-hydroxychloroquine-has-no-benefit-over-placebo

If you have some randomized double blind clinical studies that show otherwise, I would be interested (and I'm not being a smartass). Otherwise, I'd argue it's highly debatable. 

Fauci in March 2020, at the very beginning of this ordeal. Can you blame him, before knowing the outcomes of the clinical trials?

11 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Generally it's helpful to post where the information came from. I can post all day long things that my uncle told me, or just "general" statements, but that's how misinformation spreads, from both sides. 

Hmmm…..we’ll, I guess if it comes from a “news” source….it’s factual.  Fact is, our media has now started lying to us in tight step with our government.  It’s important we look around us and ask around to see what is really going on.  Several of us have family and friends involved right in the healthcare system that tell an entirely different picture of just exactly what is going on.

The virus is real, the severity of it is scare mongering and controlling rhetoric….and at a convenient time for the left too!  They are the best at taking advantage of blowing up any “crises” to fit their means.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hmmm…..we’ll, I guess if it comes from a “news” source….it’s factual.  Fact is, our media has now started lying to us in tight step with our government.  It’s important we look around us and ask around to see what is really going on.  Several of us have family and friends involved right in the healthcare system that tell an entirely different picture of just exactly what is going on.

The virus is real, the severity of it is scare mongering and controlling rhetoric….and at a convenient time for the left too!  They are the best at taking advantage of blowing up any “crises” to fit their means.

Those types of claims would be much more palatable if the virus was only an issue in the US. Kind of breaks down when other countries experience the same.

My wife's a hospital nurse (not sure if that means anything) but she's seen it first-hand here in the Twin Cities.

1 minute ago, akvanden said:

The study from 2005 wasn't tested on the COVID virus in real people. Here some that were though. 

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2772922

https://twin-cities.umn.edu/news-events/university-minnesota-trial-shows-hydroxychloroquine-has-no-benefit-over-placebo

If you have some randomized double blind clinical studies that show otherwise, I would be interested (and I'm not being a smartass). Otherwise, I'd argue it's highly debatable. 

Fauci in March 2020, at the very beginning of this ordeal. Can you blame him, before knowing the outcomes of the clinical trials?

No but it was tested on animals with a virus that shared 80% of the DNA of SARS Cov V 2.  Generally speaking I think that's were all studies on things like begin.   Its not like you are going to start a pandemic in order to clinically trial something.

Your studies also appear to be Hydroxy alone and not in conjunction with Azithromycin or other meds (zinc) that have shown to increase its effectiveness.

We shouldn't get locked into a few trials and immediately disregard other real world results.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/06/09/hydroxychloroquine-study-n2590700

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/04/06/here-are-five-doctors-whose-patients-have-seen-recovery-with-hydroxy-chloroquine-n2566409

Here is another study from the NIH.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33042552/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/study-hydroxychloroquine-increase-survival-rate-200-percent

Those types of claims would be much more palatable if the virus was only an issue in the US. Kind of breaks down when other countries experience the same.

My wife's a hospital nurse (not sure if that means anything) but she's seen it first-hand here in the Twin Cities.

Well, I guess we all believe what we want, from wherever or whatever the source.  I met a retired ER nurse from the cities a few weeks ago and it appears her story of the Covid emergency is different than your wife’s.  Along with my daughter’s who works in three rehab/hospice facilities up here.  These death numbers are bullshit….and that’s what I believe.

Hey, we all gotta do what we all gotta do.  I’m not getting a flu shot either.  Everybody running around screaming at others to wear their bicycle helmet so they themselves don’t fall off their little trickey and get hurt can just sit back and imagine how stupid they look and sound the the rest of us.  Anyone trying to coerce or force me to do so will have much bigger problems to worry about.  

That’s that!  :bc:

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

No but it was tested on animals with a virus that shared 80% of the DNA of SARS Cov V 2.  Generally speaking I think that's were all studies on things like begin.   Its not like you are going to start a pandemic in order to clinically trial something.

Your studies also appear to be Hydroxy alone and not in conjunction with Azithromycin or other meds (zinc) that have shown to increase its effectiveness.

We shouldn't get locked into a few trials and immediately disregard other real world results.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/06/09/hydroxychloroquine-study-n2590700

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/04/06/here-are-five-doctors-whose-patients-have-seen-recovery-with-hydroxy-chloroquine-n2566409

Here is another study from the NIH.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33042552/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/study-hydroxychloroquine-increase-survival-rate-200-percent

You'll be able to find all kind of anecdotal evidence, but until is can be recreated in a controlled environment, there's implicit bias and other uncontrolled variables. 

Why proponents don't run their own randomized clinical studies (which zinc or any concoction they want) and prove to the world otherwise, is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I guess we all believe what we want, from wherever or whatever the source.  I met a retired ER nurse from the cities a few weeks ago and it appears her story of the Covid emergency is different than your wife’s.  Along with my daughter’s who works in three rehab/hospice facilities up here.  These death numbers are bullshit….and that’s what I believe.

Hey, we all gotta do what we all gotta do.  I’m not getting a flu shot either.  Everybody running around screaming at others to wear their bicycle helmet so they themselves don’t fall off their little trickey and get hurt can just sit back and imagine how stupid they look and sound the the rest of us.  Anyone trying to coerce or force me to do so will have much bigger problems to worry about.  

That’s that!  :bc:

:bc: 

4 minutes ago, akvanden said:

You'll be able to find all kind of anecdotal evidence, but until is can be recreated in a controlled environment, there's implicit bias and other uncontrolled variables. 

Why proponents don't run their own randomized clinical studies (which zinc or any concoction they want) and prove to the world otherwise, is beyond me.

You think controlled environment studies don't have bias?  :lol:  You fail to understand human nature. 

Let me ask you this, given the "anecdotal" evidence with Hydroxy would you take it given you were in the hospital and about to be ventilated for COVID?  Would you want a loved one to have access to it?

I'd take it in a second if given the choice and I wouldn't have to have a serious case.  

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, ACE said:

Imagine being a grown adult and still thinking covid is some kind of wild crazy virus 

cooviid.jpeg

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

You think controlled environment studies don't have bias?  :lol:  You fail to understand human nature. 

Let me ask you this, given the "anecdotal" evidence with Hydroxy would you take it given you were in the hospital and about to be ventilated for COVID?  Would you want a loved one to have access to it?

Your right, nothing is ever 100% perfect.

On my deathbed, I'd probably just about take anything. I've got the vaccine though, so I don't need to worry about it. (Sarcasm, for your sake!)

Your right, nothing is ever 100% perfect.

On my deathbed, I'd probably just about take anything. I've got the vaccine though, so I don't need to worry about it. (Sarcasm, for your sake!)

Vaccine is not a guarantee. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/breakthrough-covid-death-fully-vaccinated-flossmoor-man-75-dies-from-virus-a-month-after-2nd-vaccine-dose/ar-BB1gaffg

It's called a "breakthrough" infection when someone tests positive for COVID-19 at least 14 days after completing their vaccine series. While most cases are mild or asymptomatic, officials say at least 97 fully-vaccinated people have been hospitalized and 32 have died in Illinois. That's out of nearly 4 million people fully vaccinated, or less than 1/100th of 1%.