Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

The truck series  needs to get back to the way small paved tracks that they started out at, the stands were overflowing. Did you catch how bad major league baseball attendance is so far this year ?   Golf is another that has bigger issues with eyeballs and attendance than francecar.

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

The truck series  needs to get back to the way small paved tracks that they started out at, the stands were overflowing. Did you catch how bad major league baseball attendance is so far this year ?   Golf is another that has bigger issues with eyeballs and attendance than francecar.

The Indycars are racing tomorrow night at Texas....guessing their attendance won't be a whole lot better.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The Indycars are racing tomorrow night at Texas....guessing their attendance won't be a whole lot better.

They punted smoking in the stands at some of the local dirt tracks here and attendance has gone up this year, but still way down from what it use to be.  

• Thanks 1

I wonder if they'd draw more fans to the stands by making Friday and practice day for all series, Saturday is Trucks and Busch series qualifying and racing, and Sunday is Cup qualifying and racing.  

• Like 2

Just a guess , but with  francecar  purchase of ACRA you just might see the truck series go away.  Very hard to find a deep pocketed title sponsor for the truck series today.................... or cup.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Just a guess , but with  francecar  purchase of ACRA you just might see the truck series go away.  Very hard to find a deep pocketed title sponsor for the truck series today.................... or cup.

I can't imagine ARCA will draw any more cars or fans then the Trucks, but maybe Kyle Busch can drop down and kick their ass for a season or two.

• Haha 1

If anyone can spare some time , this is a very nice track with fair to good car counts . I still can't race there because of my personal  on track asshole actions , but I now can set foot on the track property for 2018 . http://www.northernmichiganspeedway.com/schedule    A side note , I wish the track owners would get their head out of yesterday and allow foreign  cars  plus the small all wheel drive vehicles , I think they are missing out on a very good youth market. imo

Edited by hwytohell

7 hours ago, hwytohell said:

If anyone can spare some time , this is a very nice track with fair to good car counts . I still can't race there because of my personal  on track asshole actions , but I now can set foot on the track property for 2018 . http://www.northernmichiganspeedway.com/schedule    A side note , I wish the track owners would get their head out of yesterday and allow foreign  cars  plus the small all wheel drive vehicles , I think they are missing out on a very good youth market. imo

I've been there once and it's been a few years....do the Sevenskis still own it?  What did you do to get yourself booted? :lol:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Watching a replay of qualifying....215-216-217 going into the corners...damn.

Fords fast again.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

field fillers weekend

almirola

blaney

menard

I think those are good picks, especially since they are all Fords :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think those are good picks, especially since they are all Fords :dunno: 

That's what I'm thinking as well....now here are some winning picks......

Dickhead Dillon

Chris Beuscher

Bubba Wallace

• Like 1

That's what I'm thinking as well....now here are some winning picks......

Dickhead Dillon

Chris Beuscher

Bubba Wallace

Can we just call him DD from now on :lol:

Just now, ckf said:

Can we just call him DD from now on :lol:

Yeah that will work. :lol:

He won a rain shortened race yesterday so who knows....I like Beuscher and Bubba and I need to save some picks for later.

Yeah that will work. :lol:

He won a rain shortened race yesterday so who knows....I like Beuscher and Bubba and I need to save some picks for later.

They moved the race to FS2 yesterday, so I couldn't watch it because Xfinity doesn't offer FS2 in this area.  I'm a fan of Bubba too. I think the Chevy teams are getting closer with the new Camaro :thumb:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

They moved the race to FS2 yesterday, so I couldn't watch it because Xfinity doesn't offer FS2 in this area.  I'm a fan of Bubba too. I think the Chevy teams are getting closer with the new Camaro :thumb:

I didn't see any of it as I got busy doing some other stuff...need to do some things this morning so I don't feel guilty watching Cup and F1 this afternoon. :lol:

There will be a competition caution on lap 25 of today's race. Like yesterday, rain could be an issue at the track. NASCAR will need to complete stage two (lap 120 of 200) for the race to be official.