Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

5 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Smart, but with a 2 year old I'm way to busy and always forget till Sunday or Saturday if I happen to turn the t.v. on Saturday night in the shop I remember. 

Go make your picks for next week now . You can change them later if you have  time 

42 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Kasey Kahne replacing Micheal McDowell in The Leavine Family Racing #95 next season...I like McDowell...hope he finds a ride.

Is that the team that was supposed to align with Hendrick?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Chase Elliott and the No. 24 Hendrick Motorsport team have been hit with an L1 penalty following the first race of the NASCAR Cup playoffs at Chicagoland Speedway.

NASCAR stated that Elliott's runner-up result was encumbered due to "modification of components to affect the aerodynamic properties of the vehicle."

The result is the deduction of 15 championship driver and owner points, a fine of $25,000 for crew chief Alan Gustafson and a one-race suspension for both the crew chief and car chief (Joshua Kirk)) on the No. 24. The loss of points drops Elliott from sixth to eighth in the standings, 18 points above the cut line.

The issue surrounded a piece of tape applied to the rear spoiler of the car in an effort to gain more downforce an therefore, an aerodynamic edge.

Video clip of team member trying to remove the tape after the race.

https://streamable.com/9141f

15 points? Really? That's all he gets?

I was listening to Dave Moody on Sirius while coming home tonight and plenty of the time I don't agree with him but, he made a good point.

Here we have a team that blatantly intentionally modified their car, how ever small it may be, then attempted to hide it from the officials. They get caught and the penalty means the equivalent to finishing 8th instead of 2nd.

Hey, I'm all for trying to bend the rules a bit. Its only cheatin' if they catch ya. But when you get caught you need to pay for it.

Moody says you should be leaving the race track in worse shape than when you came in. Strip all points from the race and then give an additional 15 point penalty.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Wow. Those guys will try anything to gain a slight advantage. I think I had Elliott on Sunday with my VTR team.

The advantage they say was 30-40 lbs more down force on the rear wing.

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Kasey Kahne replacing Micheal McDowell in The Leavine Family Racing #95 next season...I like McDowell...hope he finds a ride.

McDowell has kicked around Cup for several years now. They were making strides this year for a backfield team. I don't see a better ride in McDowell's future. Maybe he takes over for Derrick Cope.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

McDowell has kicked around Cup for several years now. They were making strides this year for a backfield team. I don't see a better ride in McDowell's future. Maybe he takes over for Derrick Cope.

Yeah they seemed to be improving...wonder if Kahne will make any difference.

13 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Kasey Kahne replacing  Micheal McDowell in The Leavine Family Racing #95 next season...I like McDowell...hope he finds a ride.

Mcdowell does a lot of road racing in SCCA and Pro Trans Am...And he does extremely will in it..:bc:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Just how good is that 18 car?

This kid Kyle Benjamin, is 19 years old. Barely out of high school.

No idea...never heard of him. The truck series is full of 18 year olds.

Edited by Biggie Smails