Check your account email address ×

How you fix the military

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

I totally agree with that mission....the armed forces is not the vehicle to accomplish it though. Reallocating some military resource into accomplishing preemptive peace is a good idea though. It’s basically the same idea as defund the police

Oh and by the way defunding the police is a fools errand. 

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

The plan was to retain older skilled soldiers for use in the humanitarian force. Break out the Marines from the regular military and use them as a security force for the humanitarian soldiers. If you set the Sea Bee's lose on just making roads in Africa it would be a huge help. China is already making moves in Africa so it would be in our best interest to improve relations anywhere we could on the continent. 

This just seems totally backwards....we should teach the young enlisted empathy and compassion and then let them learn fighting roles. Not teach them rigid death dealing without discrimination and then expect them to become peace keepers

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Oh and by the way defunding the police is a fools errand. 

No....it’s a good plan. It’s just a stupid name for the policy

Just now, f7ben said:

This just seems totally backwards....we should teach the young enlisted empathy and compassion and then let them learn fighting roles. Not teach them rigid death dealing without discrimination and then expect them to become peace keepers

When you think of soldiers all that comes to mind is a guy carrying an M4, the truth is for every grunt with a gun there are 8 solders in support roles in a wide range of fields. Communication, medical, logistics, and construction, etc,etc. These are the people that the humanitarian force would retain.

When you think of soldiers all that comes to mind is a guy carrying an M4, the truth is for every grunt with a gun there are 8 solders in support roles in a wide range of fields. Communication, medical, logistics, and construction, etc,etc. These are the people that the humanitarian force would retain.

That’s a fair point 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No....it’s a good plan. It’s just a stupid name for the policy

Not until inner city problems are addressed. Taking away the only defense some in the cities have is fool hardy. The numbers don't lie if you are a man of color your chances of getting killed by another man of color are high and your chances of getting killed by the police are low.

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Not until inner city problems are addressed. Taking away the only defense some in the cities have is fool hardy. The numbers don't lie if you are a man of color your chances of getting killed by another man of color are high and your chances of getting killed by the police are low.

Your chances of getting railroaded by the police are high

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Your chances of getting railroaded by the police are high

Again you see the police as the problem when in reality they are just the canary in the coal mine. Problems in the cities have gone to long without a solution and police violence is what you get as a result. I will not defend bad police officers but I will not paint all police with a broad brush as that only makes the problem worse.

Again you see the police as the problem when in reality they are just the canary in the coal mine. Problems in the cities have gone to long without a solution and police violence is what you get as a result. I will not defend bad police officers but I will not paint all police with a broad brush as that only makes the problem worse.

The entire criminal justice system is trash and needs a rework

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The entire criminal justice system is trash and needs a rework

That maybe but the average flat foot has little to do with that. We as a country have put in place the tools to destroy the inner City and it has worked.

That maybe but the average flat foot has little to do with that. We as a country have put in place the tools to destroy the inner City and it has worked.

Listen fuck head....I’m in a bad mood. I just sold my last boat and you are hacking me off lol. I have zero boats and all you can do is harass me about cops 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Listen fuck head....I’m in a bad mood. I just sold my last boat and you are hacking me off lol. I have zero boats and all you can do is harass me about cops 

All you do is buy them, work on them, look at them and then sell them before they even go in the water. Self inflicted wound Sonny.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

All you do is buy them, work on them, look at them and then sell them before they even go in the water. Self inflicted wound Sonny.

I spent some time on the water with the voyager xt. Awesome boat 

Just now, Anler said:

And war on drugs needs to end. 

Without that revenue generation coming in they would have to make it illegal to eat salt or something 

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How about we start emphasizing the need for law and order, and why 2 parent households should be incentivized, vs. single welfare moms?  

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

You saw what they just did when we challenged them economically. They released a fucking virus as a fuck you.

So what should our response be?  Serious question.

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Trump tucked tail and cowered away and they still did it.

So you don't have a serious answer.

3 hours ago, Anler said:

I believe that and have seen it. There was this dude I went to high school with, was half white half black, short and fat. He was a real pos too. Right about 4 or 5 years out of high school we were at a bar and my girl friend at the time says "holy shit it's ____" dude looked about 6 inches taller, spoke clearly actually had some posture. Said he just got out of the military. Was a totally different guy. I think without that he would be living under a bridge somewhere. 

I grew up with a few of those as well.  A couple young men that grew up with my daughters, including my son in laws brother, served in Afghanistan, and that experience made a man out of them for sure.  They go away these skinny kids right out of school, and come back as these big muscular men.  Armed services for the right reasons are better than college any day, this fucking limp wristed indoctrinated Karen world we live in now for sure.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Priorities...

Can’t have 40 cops for every 100 people without dining the absolute freedom out of people for something 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Can’t have 40 cops for every 100 people without dining the absolute freedom out of people for something 

It's for your own good...

Just now, DriftBusta said:

How about we start emphasizing the need for law and order, and why 2 parent households should be incentivized, vs. single welfare moms?  

So what should our response be?  Serious question.

So you don't have a serious answer.

I grew up with a few of those as well.  A couple young men that grew up with my daughters, including my son in laws brother, served in Afghanistan, and that experience made a man out of them for sure.  They go away these skinny kids right out of school, and come back as these big muscular men.  Armed services for the right reasons are better than college any day, this fucking limp wristed indoctrinated Karen world we live in now for sure.

Our response should be destroy them fully. Unleash absolute hell on them with every tentacle we control. They are a 100% threat to any free way of life on this planet.

Just now, f7ben said:

Our response should be destroy them fully. Unleash absolute hell on them with every tentacle we control. They are a 100% threat to any free way of life on this planet.

While I kind of agree, I'm old and not in a position to be running my mouth on the world stage and yelling to send our youth off to war.  Are we ready to send another generation of young men and women off to die for this?  Its a pretty fucked up proposition.  China needs to be confronted, and I think half of whats going on right now is a well orchestrated PR campaign to phase in the reality that this virus did in fact escape from a lab.  Then when that dust settles, will we be hearing more and more stories about whether it was on purpose?  Either way, a strong response to dealing with China is long overdue imo.