Check your account email address ×

The Insane Lug nut Case Got Crazier In Michigan!

15 minutes ago, ACE said:

If it is as the guy laid out, how could they make a ruling so blantantly wrong?

I guess it's because of how the Michigan law that pertains to this was interpreted by both the lower and supreme courts of Michigan, the guy in the video (Steve) explains it pretty good if you watch the video....... :thumbsup:

29 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

When I was young and dumb I watched a friend twist a reverse threaded stud right off the drum. :lol:  fucker was strong. We all thought it was rusted on. 

Yeah,   I didn’t know any different as a young guy.   Older guy comes over laughing.  Go the other way with it.  I thought he was just messing with me. 

The aftermarket wheels on my F-150 I retourque twice because the fuckers have loosened up on me.  Also owned a Grand Cherokee with stock wheels that lugs would loosen.

I have a calibrated torque wrench that gets checked at least once a year.  Never more than a couple lbs off at 100.

5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Of course they do. Because they know no one will , and therefore release themselves from liability.

I asked the shop manager. He said about 90% return. I remember the magnesium wheels of the “70’s had a nasty habit of contracting when cold. I had a buddy that just finished paint on a 302ci Z28. I think it was a “70 in hugger orange. He had some older style mag wheels installed. Put them on in a warm shop and took it out on a cold, snowless December day. The rear wheel came off. He was only going 30mph but it still fucked things up. I wonder if magnesium is more thermally unstable? 

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I asked the shop manager. He said about 90% return. I remember the magnesium wheels of the “70’s had a nasty habit of contracting when cold. I had a buddy that just finished paint on a 302ci Z28. I think it was a “70 in hugger orange. He had some older style mag wheels installed. Put them on in a warm shop and took it out on a cold, snowless December day. The rear wheel came off. He was only going 30mph but it still fucked things up. I wonder if magnesium is more thermally unstable? 

My father-in-law owns a '72 Roadrunner that he's owned since 1974.  5-6 years ago he was letting one of his grandsons drive it with him riding shotgun and the right rear tire flew off at 60 mph.  $5000 in damage.  The kid about shit himself.

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
46 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

was a "69"

Only yr chevy made a 302 . They wanted to run scca and it had to be a 5.0 or smaller.

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

My tire shop requests that you return within one week for a retorque. No charge. 

What if you are going for a couple thousand mile trip before the week is up?