Check your account email address ×

Help a club out take a survey

• Gold Member

my old club is asking people to take a survey to show support for snowmobiling on a local rail trail so we don’t loose access to the granola eating elite. I don’t care if you live here just take the survey it takes 2 mins. You can use 03461 as a local zip.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9BF97BS

97B8D58E-6CAA-47A4-94B1-5F210C9060C0.png

I'd take issue with this question. red

looks like you have your work cut out for you.

Good luck

* 9. Did you have concerns about your safety when using the trail? Select all that apply.

Vehicle traffic at trail crossings
Uneven surfaces
Dogs or other animals
Potential for crime
Lack of space to pass others safely
People riding bikes too fast
Sharing the trail with snowmobiles
Encountering unauthorized motorized vehicles
Not being able to find help or leave the trail in an emergency
I don't have safety concerns
Other (please specify)

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

Good luck

* 9. Did you have concerns about your safety when using the trail? Select all that apply.

Uneven surfaces
Dogs or other animals
Potential for crime
Other (please specify)

Ya, it isn’t looking good. I lived off that trail for 10yrs and have a ton of great riding memories on that trail system. I doubt I’ll ever ride there again as I’ve moved but it pisses me off there trying to potentially ban sleds from it. It’s been a freakin sled trail for over 50yrs and they can just come in and fuck it all up.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Good luck

Uneven surfaces
Dogs or other animals
Potential for crime
Other (please specify)

Yeah I saw that and said well they are already fucked the decision has been made . You people best get every person in every club and get every dealer to let there customers know what us at stake and fill the room and overflow for the meetings on this section of trail. 

We have had to do this to the local park board 3 rivers .. And it works when you have 100 or more  people show up and voice there concern about trail loss . Sort of funny to watch the smug fucks squirm especially when knowen big shots show up . Get your politicians who are on your side in that room . If they don't want to take a stance pass out there number and email to every one you know to get them to change there mind 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 3

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah I saw that and said well they are already fucked the decision has been made . You people best get every person in every club and get every dealer to let there customers know what us at stake and fill the room and overflow for the meetings on this section of trail. 

We have had to do this to the local park board 3 rivers .. And it works when you have 100 or more  people show up and voice there concern about trail loss . Sort of funny to watch the smug fucks squirm especially when knowen big shots show up . Get your politicians who are on your side in that room . If they don't want to take a stance pass out there number and email to every one you know to get them to change there mind 

I hope the decision isn’t already made. If they lose the railbed that system is basically done with. Other than a few small loops there isn’t much else for trail in that system. You already can’t go north, west or east to connect to other systems. You can go south that will get you north eventually but in the 10yrs I lived there that trail was rideable maybe 2-3 seasons for a couple weeks and it’s a long ways around to get north. Basically that rail trail is always a sure bet for riding as you can ride it with 6” when nothing else around would be open. They closed a big atv system in the area a few years back so I’m hoping that isn’t coming for the sleds.

The railbed is from Jaffrey to Marlborough on the map. Only way out to get north is the green trail in Rindge toward New Ipswich. Lose the rail bed that part of the state is basically a dead zone.

DD2F0F6B-9304-405B-AC4B-99FF3849744E.png

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ya, it isn’t looking good. I lived off that trail for 10yrs and have a ton of great riding memories on that trail system. I doubt I’ll ever ride there again as I’ve moved but it pisses me off there trying to potentially ban sleds from it. It’s been a freakin sled trail for over 50yrs and they can just come in and fuck it all up.

I used to ride it every week when I lived in Fitzwilliam

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I hope the decision isn’t already made. If they lose the railbed that system is basically done with. Other than a few small loops there isn’t much else for trail in that system. You already can’t go north, west or east to connect to other systems. You can go south that will get you north eventually but in the 10yrs I lived there that trail was rideable maybe 2-3 seasons for a couple weeks and it’s a long ways around to get north. Basically that rail trail is always a sure bet for riding as you can ride it with 6” when nothing else around would be open. They closed a big atv system in the area a few years back so I’m hoping that isn’t coming for the sleds.

The railbed is from Jaffrey to Marlborough on the map. Only way out to get north is the green trail in Rindge toward New Ipswich. Lose the rail bed that part of the state is basically a dead zone.

DD2F0F6B-9304-405B-AC4B-99FF3849744E.png

Well hope and 25 cents will get you a gumball . Only way to keep it is to organize all the surrounding clubs and dealerships and even knocking on the doors of guys with trailers in there drive.  Get there email get them all on a list so it is ez to get updates of upcoming meetings and updates on what was done at meetings for those that could not make it . Get the number out of all your reps.  Hope and wishing on the side line will get you nothing but a trailer ride up north to use your toys .

I know what I am talking about on this shit . I am litteraly 20 min from down town mpls and we have a great local system . you think we don't have yearly battles that are must wins ? From developers to park boards to conservation districts to railroads to freeway expansion .

Yeah all of them and organization is the only reason we still have a system .

Not trying to preach but I have seen what happens when guys sit back and hope for the best .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Well hope and 25 cents will get you a gumball . Only way to keep it is to organize all the surrounding clubs and dealerships and even knocking on the doors of guys with trailers in there drive.  Get there email get them all on a list so it is ez to get updates of upcoming meetings and updates on what was done at meetings for those that could not make it . Get the number out of all your reps.  Hope and wishing on the side line will get you nothing but a trailer ride up north to use your toys .

I know what I am talking about on this shit . I am litteraly 20 min from down town mpls and we have a great local system . you think we don't have yearly battles that are must wins ? From developers to park boards to conservation districts to railroads to freeway expansion .

Yeah all of them and organization is the only reason we still have a system .

Not trying to preach but I have seen what happens when guys sit back and hope for the best .

I agree 100%. I’ve spread the word to as many riders as I know. If I still lived there I’d be at all the meetings but I will probably never ride there again so as dumb as this sounds I’m only going to put so much effort into it. I just hate seeing trails closed and if people taking the survey helps the club show support well I’ll have as many people as I can take it to help out the guys who still ride there.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Fucking idiots don't realize much of that was paid for with grants due to the gas tax on sleds.  Fucking 'greenies" don't pay for shit ever.   Or help maintain anything.  Bunch of lazy entitled pricks.  

THey are, 1/2 those cocksuckers are too cheap to cough up $25 for a hikesafe card.