Check your account email address ×

Biden/Dems, what a bunch of Idiots

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Where were you when Trump gave a trillion to corporate America? Yeah I know....silent.

The 2k goes directly to American taxpayers.

A month? Are you nuts, oh wait, nevermind.

26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Where were you when Trump gave a trillion to corporate America? Yeah I know....silent.

If it's not means tested, it's a terrible idea in either case.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

EY CEO Carmine Di Sibio has a message for President Biden: Tread carefully when it comes to raising corporate taxes.

“Any raise in the corporate tax would be a threat to U.S. business,” Di Sibio told Yahoo Finance Live. “I do think it would make the U.S. less competitive, and I think the tax rate elsewhere would be more beneficial.”

Biden has promised to roll back former President Trump’s 2017 tax cuts, which Di Sibio said were “very important for Corporate America.”

Trump slashed the U.S. corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%. Biden has proposed increasing that rate to 28%, in addition to a 15% minimum book tax.

“I think President Biden would have to be careful in terms of the corporate tax rate to make sure that we don't drive business outside of the U.S.,” Di Sibio said, adding that it’s important for Biden to “have business as a stakeholder.”

At her Senate confirmation hearing last week, then Treasury Secretary nominee Janet Yellen told lawmakers that the U.S. could absorb higher corporate taxes, as long as it remained competitive with other countries.

“We look forward to actively working with other countries through the [Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development] negotiations on taxes on multinational corporations to try to stop what has been a destructive, global race to the bottom on corporate taxation,” she told lawmakers.

But Yellen was quick to add that Biden wouldn’t move to raise the corporate tax rate until the pandemic was behind us.

Analysts at Bank of America Securities estimate Biden’s tax plan would reduce S&P 500 earnings by 7%, with companies in the tech, health care and communications services industries getting hit the hardest.