Check your account email address ×

EV’s coming to the gov fleet near you

BOHICA

• Gold Member

Poor GM and Ram with there Mexican made pickups....  no government contracts for them.

Almost guaranteed Workhorse will get the postal contract as well.  Only EV in the bidding for the post office Grunman replacement.  Workhorse stock should be exploding!

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/biden-administration-federal-fleet-electric-vehicles/

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

So the entire govt fleet will be Mustang Mach E's and Electric F-150's, and a handful of Chevy Volt's sitting vacant in parking ramps.

Mach e is made in Mexico.  Won’t see them in gov fleet

23 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Tell me what the difference is between Workhorse and Lordstown Motors. Then tell me who owns a sizable investment in Lordstown and who is sitting on their board? 

I have zero idea who ? 

How in the fuck is this replacing all fleet vehicles with EV ? Really so all the busses all the big rigs all the big service trucks all the tracked trucks all the tractors all the sleds all the atv all the groomers all the trash pumps all the fucking boats all the ships . What a empty bunch of bull shit for the sheep to guzzle 

• Platinum Contributing Member

The 2 most knowledgeable men in EV's has admitted they are not sustainable anytime soon replacing gas vehicles.  We simply can't produce the electricity without fossil fuels.  :lmao:

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

How in the fuck is this replacing all fleet vehicles with EV ? Really so all the busses all the big rigs all the big service trucks all the tracked trucks all the tractors all the sleds all the atv all the groomers all the trash pumps all the fucking boats all the ships . What a empty bunch of bull shit for the sheep to guzzle 

I think Biden is talking highway vehicles.....  think like forest service, military base vehicles, post office delivery, and such

but anyways they already have electric snow cats....  don’t think the fed gov is in the business of grooming snow though

https://electrek.co/2019/05/15/all-electric-snowcat/
im excited for the electric trash truck....  the loudest thing that rolls through the neighborhood.  Those guys from can to can just hammer down and wake the dead.  I don’t think the fed gov is in trash truck business

UPS is the other neighborhood racers creating a bunch of noise from 100% throttle to brakes in a couple hundred feet.  Will be outstanding when they go electric!

I can tell ya in utility work the hybrid bucket trucks are a hot item...  all stationary work is done off battery...  super quiet, public appreciates the reduced noise, job site is safer and less hearing damage.

• Platinum Contributing Member

:news:

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/bryan-preston/2020/12/21/toyota-ceo-agrees-with-elon-musk-we-dont-have-enough-electricity-to-electrify-all-the-cars-n1222999

Toyota CEO Agrees With Elon Musk: We Don't Have Enough Electricity to Electrify All the Cars

Toyoda is getting at two things. One, EVs are not powered by magical unicorn emissions, they are powered by the means we use to generate electricity. In Japan, the United States, and everywhere else, that’s fossil fuels to the tune of a huge majority of our electric power generation (61% in the U.S., with wind and solar making up about 17%, while Japan relies more heavily on nuclear power than most due to its lack of indigenous oil). Imagine taking every car in Japan or the United States and powering it not by gasoline or diesel, but by electricity. This will require a dramatic expansion of the amount of electric power we currently generate. There is no getting around this fact. We would be displacing gasoline or diesel for another power source. We’re still pulling something out of the ground and burning it in some way. The main question is where is it being burned?

9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I think Biden is talking highway vehicles.....  think like forest service, military base vehicles, post office delivery, and such

but anyways they already have electric snow cats....  don’t think the fed gov is in the business of grooming snow though

https://electrek.co/2019/05/15/all-electric-snowcat/
im excited for the electric trash truck....  the loudest thing that rolls through the neighborhood.  Those guys from can to can just hammer down and wake the dead.  I don’t think the fed gov is in trash truck business

UPS is the other neighborhood racers creating a bunch of noise from 100% throttle to brakes in a couple hundred feet.  Will be outstanding when they go electric!

I can tell ya in utility work the hybrid bucket trucks are a hot item...  all stationary work is done off battery...  super quiet, public appreciates the reduced noise, job site is safer and less hearing damage.

Acctualy no one can ouss money away on grooming snow like the fed govenment  . Black hills Yellowstone prime examples of very few miles and more groomers than most states have all together 

• Gold Member
34 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Acctualy no one can ouss money away on grooming snow like the fed govenment  . Black hills Yellowstone prime examples of very few miles and more groomers than most states have all together 

That’s cool...  wasn’t aware that the government was into grooming...  makes sense though I guess.  

maybe when they go to replace groomers they will go electric as there is that option and those options will only get more plentiful.

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That’s cool...  wasn’t aware that the government was into grooming...  makes sense though I guess.  

maybe when they go to replace groomers they will go electric as there is that option and those options will only get more plentiful.

Will see but knowing what our tuckers burn in a day and the battery weight required to even come close at min every bridge in our system would need to be replaced and not sure we would get in to swamps till Feb most yrs . Some day poss 

27 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Hard to leave a groomer parked overnight on roadside and ever expect it to move again.