Check your account email address ×

‘A lot of people are saying . . . ’: How Trump spreads conspiracies and innuendos

Just now, racer254 said:

Many of those same people got us into this mess.

The President's cabinet of financial wizardry...left over from the Dems administration during the bush years that passed the equal housing amended laws.  "People should not be discriminated or judged simply by their income."  Bye bye housing market.  Bye bye world economy.

SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE AND WRITE IN THE AMOUNT YOU'D LIKE TO HAVE!  Woo Hoo!  I made a ton in bank stocks!  Gross money...but still money.

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Many of those same people got us into this mess.

Many crooked bankers, and bank regulators not doing their jobs got us into the mess.

Economists disseminate information based on data, cause and effect if you like.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Many crooked bankers, and bank regulators not doing their jobs got us into the mess.

No it wasn't. at that time as long as the person was breathing you better let the loan through or you would be called out on it..true story.

Edited by Capt.Storm

Just now, 1jkw said:

Well they don't think we are that far behind, that is the point, we are now in a world economy, compare our recovery with the other countries with whom we share that economy with, we have recovered much better and our dollar is stronger, and that hurts our exports.

"That far behind"?  O.o Indicators are that we should not have been behind at all by now.  The world economy is largely based on two major consumer bases-us and China.  China has passed us and it's not because their 1.4 billion people all have sweet ass high paying jobs and are hitting the malls and car dealerships on the weekend.

Our lack of real job creation is why we are where we are.  Not wages or any other reason.  Inflation is almost zero, interest is still nothing...still, nobody has any faith in their job security to put their asses on the line for anything.....8 years later. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

We still make chit to export?

Yes.

The problem is we gave up a lot of our manufacturing base. 

Technology and automation have replaced many workers and where in the past much of the automation would be built here and displaced workers would build the machines that replaced them, that doesn't happen much now.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Economists disseminate information based on data, cause and effect if you like.

Guess what party pushed for the laws that allowed "crooked bankers" to operate that way?  They were simply playing by the rules they were allowed to play by.  I think its fucking disgusting...but it wasn't all their fault for taking the candy that was laid in front of them

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes.

Technology and automation have replaced many workers and where in the past much of the automation would be built here and displaced workers would build the machines that replaced them, that doesn't happen much now.

well I guess we are still in!

Wonder why apple left?

The following export product groups represent the highest dollar value in American global shipments during 2015. Also shown is the percentage share each export category represents in terms of overall exports from the United States.

1. Machines, engines, pumps: US$205.8 billion (13.7% of total exports)
  2. Electronic equipment: $169.8 billion (11.3%)
  3. Aircraft, spacecraft: $131.1 billion (8.7%)
  4. Vehicles: $127.1 billion (8.4%)
  5. Oil: $106.1 billion (7.1%)
  6. Medical, technical equipment: $83.4 billion (5.5%)
  7. Plastics: $60.3 billion (4%)
  8. Gems, precious metals, coins: $58.7 billion (3.9%)
  9. Pharmaceuticals: $47.3 billion (3.1%)
  10. Organic chemicals: $38.8 billion (2.6%)

Aircraft and spacecraft was the fastest-growing among the top 10 export categories for 2015, up in value by 49.4% for the 5-year period starting in 2011.

In second place for improving export sales was pharmaceuticals which rose 23.4% led by international sales of antisera, vaccines and human or animal blood.

American-made electronic equipment posted the third-fastest gain in value up 6.5%.

The biggest-declining category among the top 10 US exports was oil which fell 18.7% led by a precipitous decline in refined petroleum sales.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Yes.

Good points but I'm gonna focus on the bold.  The problem is we gave up a lot of our manufacturing base because we cannot compete as effectively anymore in a world economy. Our costs to manufacture items is just too high for what they sell for in the world marketplace. What we have to export of value is very small compared to what other countries can attain that same product for elsewhere.  Again, this spear was primarily tipped by the democratic party in their efforts to try and play both ends of the field.

But then there is this..

The U.S. buys far more products than it sells to the rest of the world and in March, the nation’s trade deficit ballooned to its largest level since the 2007-09 financial crisis. The U.S. imported $51.4 billion more in goods than it sold to foreign markets in that month alone.  

The latest figures reported this week also show that the U.S. imported 7.7 percent more goods than just a month earlier, and exports grew by less than 1 percent over the same period,Financial Times reports. The import data may be slightly skewed by the February slowdown of West Coast ports due to labor conflicts, and it’s important to keep in mind that demand for services, which make up two-thirds of the U.S. economy, is on the rise, Reuters reports.

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

But then there is this..

The U.S. buys far more products than it sells to the rest of the world and in March, the nation’s trade deficit ballooned to its largest level since the 2007-09 financial crisis. The U.S. imported $51.4 billion more in goods than it sold to foreign markets in that month alone.  

The latest figures reported this week also show that the U.S. imported 7.7 percent more goods than just a month earlier, and exports grew by less than 1 percent over the same period,Financial Times reports. The import data may be slightly skewed by the February slowdown of West Coast ports due to labor conflicts, and it’s important to keep in mind that demand for services, which make up two-thirds of the U.S. economy, is on the rise, Reuters reports.

I'd say we all deserve a raise!  Unionize and demand more pay!  ..................I'd say that but I use a brain for a lot of my decisions so I can't do that.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

"That far behind"?  O.o Indicators are that we should not have been behind at all by now.  The world economy is largely based on two major consumer bases-us and China.  China has passed us and it's not because their 1.4 billion people all have sweet ass high paying jobs and are hitting the malls and car dealerships on the weekend.

Our lack of real job creation is why we are where we are.  Not wages or any other reason.  Inflation is almost zero, interest is still nothing...still, nobody has any faith in their job security to put their asses on the line for anything.....8 years later. Sorry.

China has a real problem even with their currency manipulation and poor working conditions filthy environment, and they have not recovered yet nor do they have near the standard of living we have.

We went from a bankrupt auto industry to all time record auto sales last year and have had some record auto sales months this year, the housing  market has come back, and the unemployment rate is down and if you look at who is included in the not in the workforce stats. it is not just people who gave up looking for a job.

Good jobs with security are harder and harder to find that trend is nothing new and will not get much better and likely get worse as we are faced with competing with slave wages from other countries.

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good points but I'm gonna focus on the bold.  The problem is we gave up a lot of our manufacturing base because we cannot compete as effectively anymore in a world economy. Our costs to manufacture items is just too high for what they sell for in the world marketplace. What we have to export of value is very small compared to what other countries can attain that same product for elsewhere.  Again, this spear was primarily tipped by the democratic party in their efforts to try and play both ends of the field.

What specifically did the dems. do to tip the spear as you say?

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:nuts:

Facts bro - quit with the right wing lies and rhetoric :lol: 

Look at the growth in GDP compared to our counterparts and tell the class how we are losing ground.... 

image.jpeg

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'd say we all deserve a raise!  Unionize and demand more pay!  ..................I'd say that but I use a brain for a lot of my decisions so I can't do that.

:nuts:. You're Doe Dumber stupid :bc:. Sorry - but it's the truth.  You're a Braindead moron who whines and complains when you get :owned: .  Typical supply side Laffer clown who's only premise is less regulation and lower taxes for the wealthy elites and billion dollar corporations - both of which have failed along with Laffer's economics.  I'll treat you like Doe Dumb - a petulant and dumb R who's a complete simpleton who ignores facts when they conflict with your opinion.  That dumbshit is what makes you a first class moron. :bc:  

12 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:nuts:. You're Doe Dumber stupid :bc:. Sorry - but it's the truth.  You're a Braindead moron who whines and complains when you get :owned: .  Typical supply side Laffer clown who's only premise is less regulation and lower taxes for the wealthy elites and billion dollar corporations - both of which have failed along with Laffer's economics.  I'll treat you like Doe Dumb - a petulant and dumb R who's a complete simpleton who ignores facts when they conflict with your opinion.  That dumbshit is what makes you a first class moron. :bc:  

Shouldn't you be out "breaking records in the real world"?  :lol2:  I actually feel bad for you after that statement you made.  You really are a sad man.

And yes, out of the two of us.....I'm the stupid one for sure.  Most might disagree though.  Now...back to the "record breaking" for you!  :rockernana:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You posted a chart that proves a point leave it at that, no need for the name calling bullshit.

32 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

China has a real problem even with their currency manipulation and poor working conditions filthy environment, and they have not recovered yet nor do they have near the standard of living we have.

We went from a bankrupt auto industry to all time record auto sales last year and have had some record auto sales months this year, the housing  market has come back, and the unemployment rate is down and if you look at who is included in the not in the workforce stats. it is not just people who gave up looking for a job.

Good jobs with security are harder and harder to find that trend is nothing new and will not get much better and likely get worse as we are faced with competing with slave wages from other countries.

I'm running out of time here and wasted too much of it on Dickrider.  I agree with some of what you are saying.  I disagree that the current administration had more to do with its success than failure. 

As far as the "Spear Tip" remark.  It has to do with free trade agreements which I can recite some major issues in depth but am out of time.

Good convo though...nice to see someone on your side with a usable brain.

Gotta fly.  :bc:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

The President's cabinet of financial wizardry...left over from the Dems administration during the bush years that passed the equal housing amended laws.  "People should not be discriminated or judged simply by their income."  Bye bye housing market.  Bye bye world economy.

SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE AND WRITE IN THE AMOUNT YOU'D LIKE TO HAVE!  Woo Hoo!  I made a ton in bank stocks!  Gross money...but still money.

The part missing from your post is that all of this hinged on the ability for the borrower to get PMI if the borrower couldn't get PMI that was the end of their morg. application, now along comes (credit default swaps) guarantees  without the cash to back it up like PMI has and that's what left us with the mess.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'm running out of time here and wasted too much of it on Dickrider.  I agree with some of what you are saying.  I disagree that the current administration had more to do with its success than failure. 

As far as the "Spear Tip" remark.  It has to do with free trade agreements which I can recite some major issues in depth but am out of time.

Good convo though...nice to see someone on your side with a usable brain.

Gotta fly.  :bc:

I don't disagree with that the free trade agreements hurt us, and was signed by a dem. pres. but if you look up those agreements you will find more r's supported them than d's as they have with deregulation, and more R's were behind tpp, giving Obama fast track authority.

2 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

No it wasn't. at that time as long as the person was breathing you better let the loan through or you would be called out on it..true story.

Yeah we know the Negroes bankrupted wall street.

13 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I don't disagree with that the free trade agreements hurt us, and was signed by a dem. pres. but if you look up those agreements you will find more r's supported them than d's as they have with deregulation, and more R's were behind tpp, giving Obama fast track authority.

There is a reason why so many conservatives are sick of the bullshit in washington.  Do we really need another clinton in that position of power?

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

BULLFUCKING SHIT.