Check your account email address ×

You got Pennies while they got bank

jtssrx

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH,   maybe if we paid congressmen a living wag we'd get better quality.  

Why not just give them minimum wage?  Do you really think they pay for anything anyway?  They get money for almost everything, plus a salary.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Honestly I don't think the pay for members of congress is out of line.   Its the "favors" they get to accept we need to crack down on.

38 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Anyone of any quality can make 175k in the private sector dealing with way fewer assholes. 

Apparently not.  Have you seen all the people on here who got stimulus checks?  I think you mentioned you got one......:snack:

44 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Apparently not.  Have you seen all the people on here who got stimulus checks?  I think you mentioned you got one......:snack:

Stimulus was available to $198k,  more than what a senator or congressman makes. :news:  

America is a terrific place,  you can make well into 6 figures pay less than 15% in income taxes and still get a check regardless of your  income in 2020.  

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Stimulus was available to $198k,  more than what a senator or congressman makes. :news:  

America is a terrific place,  you can make well into 6 figures pay less than 15% in income taxes and still get a check regardless of your  income in 2020.  

Wife and I are above that and we got a check for $2,400. :dunno: 

Edited by Anler

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Wife and I are above that and we got a check for $2,400. :dunno: 

Should have been prorated.  $5 deduct/$100 over 198K joint or 99K individual.  

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Should have been prorated.  $5 deduct/$100 over 198K joint or 99K individual.  

I didnt think we would get one to be honest we were both scratching out head. We just said "Thanks Trump" and spent it towards a new garage door. 

stimulus was 100% to 150 then phased out to 198 (family).  that is the same as the new one. 

100% to 75 and phased out to 99 on a single.   

I had no kids young enough for me to get the kicker,  amazing how 18 -21 year old dependents get fuck all but if they are 16 or less you get stuff.  Kids are way more expensive at college age.    

Just now, Anler said:

I didnt think we would get one to be honest we were both scratching out head. We just said "Thanks Trump" and spent it towards a new garage door. 

Same here.  The only thing that was true is our daughter who’s a college freshman fell into the group that was overlooked and didn’t get a dime.  No biggie for us but I’m sure it stung for many.  Not sure if an adjustment will show up at tax time or not.  

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Same here.  The only thing that was true is our daughter who’s a college freshman fell into the group that was overlooked and didn’t get a dime.  No biggie for us but I’m sure it stung for many.  Not sure if an adjustment will show up at tax time or not.  

they got nothing at that age.  i have 2 that fit in that gap.