Check your account email address ×

So this is what I've been busy doing...

40 minutes ago, frenchy said:

sorry, I meant is this a new location or an upgrade of the one you guys had before. 

Oh. Yeah some of the glass in the lab is my old equipment, but the extractor and chillers are new and much larger than my old system. And it's our new licensed spot, shut down the trap house a couple years ago. 

Edited by motonoggin

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Oh. Yeah some of the glass in the lab is my old equipment, but the extractor and chillers are new and much larger than my old system. And it's our new licensed spot, shut down the trap house a couple years ago. 

gotcha, looks good. Congrats :bc: 

So what sort of insurance do you guys have to hold for the inevitable bullshit longterm effects of the product on the body lawsuits that look effect every business of smoked goods in time? 

I assume it must be a massive expense 

:bc:

Thanks for your kind words, guys! 

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

So what sort of insurance do you guys have to hold for the inevitable bullshit longterm effects of the product on the body lawsuits that look effect every business of smoked goods in time? 

I assume it must be a massive expense 

It's really no different from any other business insurance afaik. 

Not really my department.

21 hours ago, motonoggin said:

The 40' conex on the right is a -20F freezer used to store fresh frozen. 

KIMG0467.JPG

IMG_20200825_110505_01.jpg

Great but that looks pretty dated actually.  Controls wise that is.  

All the best to you, let me know when real automation is being considered.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Great but that looks pretty dated actually.  Controls wise that is.  

All the best to you, let me know when real automation is being considered.

Yeah the freezer is old and rusty but it works as designed. I would imagine we'll upgrade it at some point. 

Our extractor is automated and one of the most advanced units available. The operator only interacts with it about 10 min out of the hour to load and unload. We pick a recipe, load the weed, hit start, and walk away. 

All valves are air operated. We have digital temperature and pressure sensors on all vessels. There are level sensors in the solvent tanks and the reactor. Pumps are all on relays operated by the PLC. There are 16 air lines, three sensor cables, and one power cable going to the unit. The process heat and chilling is also controlled by the PLC. It's all touchscreen HMI. We can also operate it remotely, on network or off with a tablet or phone. 

This is one of the very few units approved for use in Canada. Luna Technologies. 

IMG_20201105_154921_01.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yeah the freezer is old and rusty but it works as designed. I would imagine we'll upgrade it at some point. 

Our extractor is automated and one of the most advanced units available. The operator only interacts with it about 10 min out of the hour to load and unload. We pick a recipe, load the weed, hit start, and walk away. 

All valves are air operated. We have digital temperature and pressure sensors on all vessels. There are level sensors in the solvent tanks and the reactor. Pumps are all on relays operated by the PLC. There are 16 air lines, three sensor cables, and one power cable going to the unit. The process heat and chilling is also controlled by the PLC. It's all touchscreen HMI. We can also operate it remotely, on network or off with a tablet or phone. 

This is one of the very few units approved for use in Canada. Luna Technologies. 

IMG_20201105_154921_01.jpg

What you own and should protect as best you can is your intellectual property.  Ie that is your process that you think gives you an advantage over your competition.

Impressive Dan and best wishes.

The controls is what you describe to the likes of someone like me who programs it.  No biggie.

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What you own and should protect as best you can is your intellectual property.  Ie that is your process that you think gives you an advantage over your competition.

Impressive Dan and best wishes.

The controls is what you describe to the likes of someone like me who programs it.  No biggie.

For sure, IP is the most valuable thing we have. Anyone can get the equipment, knowing how to run it to get what you want is the key. 

Yeah I'm sure the control side isn't terribly complicated in the controls automation realm. We used to have to stand in front of a machine all day turning valves and watching sight glasses. A lot of what we did was subjective. Now we can log data and tweak one parameter at a time. 

I'm pumped to start running some weed! 

• Like 1