Check your account email address ×

Florida elections

Matt

I gotta say, after the embarrassing showing in the Bush v Gore election, Florida really did fix their system. If we're still going to use paper ballots and hand counting (terrible idea), we should have every state replicate what they've done. 

There's no good reason that deep into the 21st century, this is still a problem. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I gotta say, after the embarrassing showing in the Bush v Gore election, Florida really did fix their system. If we're still going to use paper ballots and hand counting (terrible idea), we should have every state replicate what they've done. 

There's no good reason that deep into the 21st century, this is still a problem. 

Several states were prevented from canvassing mail in votes prior to Election Day. PA being one of them. Had they been able to count those votes as they came in, results would’ve been known Election Day. The Republican legislature can be thanked for that. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

that's the issue with having state's control the federal election process. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Several states were prevented from canvassing mail in votes prior to Election Day. PA being one of them. Had they been able to count those votes as they came in, results would’ve been known Election Day. The Republican legislature can be thanked for that. 

Just now, frenchy said:

that's the issue with having state's control the federal election process. 

We can and should solve this with technology. The feds should implement a system that the states use as consumers. Let Apple and the Hoover Institute at Stanford design and build it.

We should be able to vote on our own devices over a 3 day span, with biometric validation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

We can and should solve this with technology. The feds should implement a system that the states use as consumers. Let Apple and the Hoover Institute at Stanford design and build it.

We should be able to vote on our own devices over a 3 day span, with biometric validation. 

I couldn’t agree more. It would not only serve to increase accuracy, but to include more people into the electorate. That has the potential to make it extremely vibrant for democracy. And for just that reason, there will be resistance. 

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

no ballots anywhere should be allowed to be hand counted 

Or be corrected by anybody other then the voter who filled out the unreadable ballot

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That has got to be the biggest horseshit protocol I have ever heard of in a world class election.

I didn’t even know that is legal or common practice.  Pretty fucked up no doubt

7 hours ago, Matt said:

let huwai build it.

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Bull shit you can't tell me it takes 3 days to drop a pile of paper in to a slot that counts the vote . Minnesota did it in1 day . Now granted we did not check the validity of any of them but nor did any other state