Check your account email address ×

2013 Switchback Assault value....2500 miles

no it is a time bomb. I know of 3  2013 rmk that tossed a hunk of skirt out the case all had under 2500mi. but deep snow mi are like 2 to 1 . that said I also have a bud who had a I think 13 the 1 with the stars 136 800 with the goofy skid she droped a skirt and took out the case around 4100mi. if he gets it deff do a tp end and check jugs for out of round . shocking how bad they can be in a short amout of time.

In my parts U could not get 5500 for that thing right now .my bud just got a mint cond 15 pro rmk  8 with like 750mi on it for 5300bucks prob a grand in extras skis bags bumpers etc

Just now, Kev144 said:

listen to the guys here who have never owned one or touched one...lol 

had a 13 800 switch.  was fine.  had it to 4500 miles no issues but traded it as i do every 2 yrs. 

You channeling Killer or something? :lol:  

My 14 is getting pistons when it hits 2000 miles.  I might let a trail sled go a little longer than that.  

Just now, sledderj said:

My 14 is getting pistons when it hits 2000 miles.  I might let a trail sled go a little longer than that.  

might as well buy a different brand when you cant trust a sled past 2k miles :dunno: i owned one to 4500 miles.. you? :dunno: 

yeah all guys I ride with so pretty personal spending whole days getting them off of the side of mountains 1 had to be taken out by chopper.  then 1000 mi back home and the wrenching starts . yeah know my way around a pro pretty well

Just now, Ez ryder said:

yeah all guys I ride with so pretty personal spending whole days getting them off of the side of mountains 1 had to be taken out by chopper.  then 1000 mi back home and the wrenching starts . yeah know my way around a pro pretty well

ok

3 in my crew went axis rmk this yr and 2 of them also got mountian cats lol sad when u have been burned so many times U spend 16g on a back up to keep on the deck lol.

that new axis is unreal in the deep I will give it that just claws its way up and pop right up . have not been on a new mountain cat but they are saying is pretty amazing as well.

will be nice to ride them back to back to see what I really want next season   

7 minutes ago, sledderj said:

check those jugs also. hard to believe they can get so out of round so fast  

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

might as well buy a different brand when you cant trust a sled past 2k miles :dunno: i owned one to 4500 miles.. you? :dunno: 

You can get one to go that long, but it would have to be babied from day one.  I know how long they last based on how and where we use them.  The risk of a major failure before 2000 is pretty low.  After that, I'd rather spend few hundred and a few hours than have it fail catastrophically.  Cheap insurance when it could wreck a trip or even mean spending the night out in the wilderness.  I knew this before I bought it.  It's not that big of a deal to me.  The fun factor of the sled and how it works for me outweighs the extra maintenance IMO.

12 hours ago, sledderj said:

You can get one to go that long, but it would have to be babied from day one.  I know how long they last based on how and where we use them.  The risk of a major failure before 2000 is pretty low.  After that, I'd rather spend few hundred and a few hours than have it fail catastrophically.  Cheap insurance when it could wreck a trip or even mean spending the night out in the wilderness.  I knew this before I bought it.  It's not that big of a deal to me.  The fun factor of the sled and how it works for me outweighs the extra maintenance IMO.

I'm not one to bash, but 2,000 miles is an engineered piece of shit, who the fuck would put there name on that? :dunno:  Well besides Polaris.

From what I have "heard" those pre 2015 poo 800's are fucking time bombs. I've talked to several poo faithful who got tired of having trips and seasons ruined from them and jumped ship to another brand or a 4 stroke. but it seems like everything after 15 has been pretty solid. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

From what I have "heard" those pre 2015 poo 800's are fucking time bombs. I've talked to several poo faithful who got tired of having trips and seasons ruined from them and jumped ship to another brand or a 4 stroke. but it seems like everything after 15 has been pretty solid. 

Not much different then a doo top end....maybe get a 1000miles more from a doo.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Not much different then a doo top end....maybe get a 1000miles more from a doo.

Pfft! when I finally see one of these doos fail I'll let you know. hasn't happened yet. 

Just now, Anler said:

Pfft! when I finally see one of these doos fail I'll let you know. hasn't happened yet. 

the largest doo dealer in QC near the manu stocks 800 top ends and cranks.  they have a one day or less service to replace these items. :dunno: 

15 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm not one to bash, but 2,000 miles is an engineered piece of shit, who the fuck would put there name on that? :dunno:  Well besides Polaris.

thats a tad touchy after arctic cats debacle.  Didn't your turbo motor mount pop off the heat exchanger? :news: 

:lol::bc: 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

the largest doo dealer in QC near the manu stocks 800 top ends and cranks.  they have a one day or less service to replace these items. :dunno: 

I didnt mention cranks cause poo has way less issues with them. :lol: