Check your account email address ×

Shock poll: Biden extends lead over Trump to 17 points

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

But yet lost the race. The polling was a fail, they need to figure out a way to recognize the EC in this. 
I think they’re biased. I’ve had a few calls where they end it if they’re not getting the answers they like. If I play along it’s a different result. You’d have to be blind not to see exactly what they’re doing here.

when those being polled fuck with the answers the accuracy becomes less and less.   Sometimes you can tell by the question what organization requested the poll which makes it more fun to play with them.   

Just now, Angry ginger said:

when those being polled fuck with the answers the accuracy becomes less and less.   Sometimes you can tell by the question what organization requested the poll which makes it more fun to play with them.   

the economist did a piece earlier this week on the fact that Trump supporters are not answering pollsters questions :lol:  so that may account for maybe a 2% swing back to trump's favor overall.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Just funny how the tone changes when you don’t play along. These pollsters are pissing in the wind IMO. Doesn’t mean squat. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Edmo said:

But yet lost the race. The polling was a fail, they need to figure out a way to recognize the EC in this. 
I think they’re biased. I’ve had a few calls where they end it if they’re not getting the answers they like. If I play along it’s a different result. You’d have to be blind not to see exactly what they’re doing here.

The powers that be are not getting the election results they want either, that is why they are trying all kinds of ways to change that.  Mail in ballots, Driver's Licenses given to illegal immigrants,  etc.  Anything and everything to retain or gain power without revealing or defending the policies they stand for.  They know that the positions they stand for are not popular and they will not win on those alone.

• Like 1

Just now, frenchy said:

the economist did a piece earlier this week on the fact that Trump supporters are not answering pollsters questions :lol:  so that may account for maybe a 2% swing back to trump's favor overall.

when you look at the battleground states Clinton pretty well matched the average of the polls which is IMO the most accurate gauge over a single poll but the 3rd party candidates over polled and failed to deliver.  IMO that is because a lot of people decided to vote for the lesser of 2 evils than throw a meaningless vote.  That may again go in Trumps favor this time but is it 6-7% I don't think so so he needs them plus the 4-5% undecided to close the gap in the next 3 weeks.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

when you look at the battleground states Clinton pretty well matched the average of the polls which is IMO the most accurate gauge over a single poll but the 3rd party candidates over polled and failed to deliver.  IMO that is because a lot of people decided to vote for the lesser of 2 evils than throw a meaningless vote.  That may again go in Trumps favor this time but is it 6-7% I don't think so so he needs them plus the 4-5% undecided to close the gap in the next 3 weeks.  

Enthusiasm plays a huge role.   People polled as "likely voters" will poll they "would" vote for candidate x or y but never go to the polls or vote.   I don't think there is any question which candidate holds the enthusiasm lead.  

It will be interesting to see how the polls change as we get closer to the election. 

Edited by Highmark