Check your account email address ×

How Eddie Van Halen corrupted — then saved — Valerie Bertinelli

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i just bought the book,   the debauchery of rock stars always makes for good reading.  

I have no idea how some survive. Some don’t. I think the absolute worst example is Al Jourgenson of Ministry. An incredible pioneer and genius musically. Now he’s a burned out, brain damaged lunatic 

19 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I never followed the guys life that much.  Best part is how Valerie Bertinelli married her financial advisor.  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I never followed the guys life that much.  Best part is how Valerie Bertinelli married her financial advisor.  :lol: 

Not really. Her judge of character in men has always been questionable. :lol: 

• Haha 2

Apparently Eddie was in a bit of denial, he felt it was possible that putting copper and brass guitar pics in his mouth all those years may have caused his cancer. The doctors say that smoking and alcohol are major contributors to oral cancers, Eddie started smoking when he was 12 and abused alcohol. He may have cleaned himself up in the last 15 years but the damage was done.

I remember their 2004 tour with Hagar, Eddie was going through a bad stretch with alcohol and he played like complete shit. I went to one of their stops on that tour and like most fans was disappointed like others because of his sloppy playing because he was drunk on stage.

It also created a lot of tension in the band, it was a fucked up tour for sure. 

14 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Apparently Eddie was in a bit of denial, he felt it was possible that putting copper and brass guitar pics in his mouth all those years may have caused his cancer. The doctors say that smoking and alcohol are major contributors to oral cancers, Eddie started smoking when he was 12 and abused alcohol. He may have cleaned himself up in the last 15 years but the damage was done.

I remember their 2004 tour with Hagar, Eddie was going through a bad stretch with alcohol and he played like complete shit. I went to one of their stops on that tour and like most fans was disappointed like others because of his sloppy playing because he was drunk on stage.

It also created a lot of tension in the band, it was a fucked up tour for sure. 

I remember reading where another musician stopped over at Eddie’s mansion. The place smelled so bad and was so filthy that he had to leave. At that point most of Eddie’s teeth had fallen out and the rest were black. Pretty disgusting. Got to hand it to him. Most don’t come back from that bad of a scene. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I remember reading where another musician stopped over at Eddie’s mansion. The place smelled so bad and was so filthy that he had to leave. At that point most of Eddie’s teeth had fallen out and the rest were black. Pretty disgusting. Got to hand it to him. Most don’t come back from that bad of a scene. 

All the money in the world doesn't matter.  What matters is..

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

This is Eddie around 2005-2006, he was pretty much rock bottom at that point in time. I can look past his mistakes because the gifts he's given to the world is incredible, what a legacy.

This is Eddie Van Halen.... - BuffettNews.com