Check your account email address ×

Cool video

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Jesus did t realize you went that far.  Wanna do some repairs and extend a zone for me when your over this way.  

Possibly, if it can wait till blowout season is over. I do do a seacoast run . 4 strathams , a newfields, and a couple in rye.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I remember it being in the news because the liberals in Burlington tried to fight it after it was announced.

Come to think of it I think Pease has Air Guard still based there as well.

Yes , Pease is also a refueling crew. 

16 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Very cool video! @ckfWhat ski resort did they fly by?

Cannon Ski Area. There's a paved bike path through the notch that doubles as a snowmobile trail in the winter.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ckf said:

It is a beautiful area. I used to live on the outskirts of the National Forrest and frequently saw the A10s flying just above the trees

How about back in the day when the fighter jets would buzz the mountains!   i recall being at the old man viewing area and two jets were blasting thru coming so close to the mountain face we thought they would crash for sure!    they cleared the top and hit the burners and were gone with a BOOM!     an awsome sight!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, old indy said:

How about back in the day when the fighter jets would buzz the mountains!   i recall being at the old man viewing area and two jets were blasting thru coming so close to the mountain face we thought they would crash for sure!    they cleared the top and hit the burners and were gone with a BOOM!     an awsome sight!

Yes, lots of training in the WMNF. Back in the 80's an older brother of a kid I went to school with was a fighter pilot. The older brother called one of his friends in Tamworth and told him to grab a few buddies and be at the Great Hill fire tower at a specific time. Jeff buzzed the tower and everyone there said it was an amazing sight.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, old indy said:

Got buzzed once while sledding in tug hill area of NY. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Got buzzed once while sledding in tug hill area of NY. 

In the seventies they were still allowed to fly through the mountains training, crazy fast and close to the cliffs around Cannon mt.  a fighter jet clipped the trees i think and crashed , again..and that all changed.  what a site tho seeing them go verticle at the last second aproaching a sheer cliff!  :yikes:  crazy