Check your account email address ×

******The Un-Official Daily Thread******

1 hour ago, jammin said:

From a "friend" in Northern WI on Trout lake.  ckf, thoughts?   Check his work out at-  https://www.facebook.com/LifeintheNorthwoods/?fref=ts

I put my camera on a tripod and had 10 seconds to get in the photo. Photo stats. Canon 5D Mark III with a 17-35mm wide angle zoom lens. ISO 100, 1/10 of a sec., F/S 16.

13934995_928498867255698_770812285523432

Very nice photo! These are selfies that are worth looking at. 

Nice camera and lens, too.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jammin said:

Nope.  About 20 miles North in Boulder J.  I admire his talent that is a for-sure :bc: 

I noticed some of his Loon photos on his FB page. Loons are one of my favorites to photograph. Do you have a breeding pair on your lake?

Here is one of my photos from Ossipee Lake in NH.

2009_8_07_loon-1.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ckf said:

I noticed some of his Loon photos on his FB page. Loons are one of my favorites to photograph. Do you have a breeding pair on your lake?

Here is one of my photos from Ossipee Lake in NH.

2009_8_07_loon-1.jpg

Wow, that is an awesome picture!  We do but 2nd year in a row the eggs never hatched or "something" got to them.   Mom and dad cruise by our dock quite often.  Love them.   I have an eagle nest 40' up 20 yards from the cottage.  Spectacular watching them come in for a landing :bc: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jammin said:

Wow, that is an awesome picture!  We do but 2nd year in a row the eggs never hatched or "something" got to them.   Mom and dad cruise by our dock quite often.  Love them.   I have an eagle nest 40' up 20 yards from the cottage.  Spectacular watching them come in for a landing :bc: 

Thanks! I love the Loons, too. Had an Eagle fly over here a few days ago. There's a few around here, but we had a lot more where I lived in NH. Here's a pic of a pair that were in a tree in our front yard in NH.

2011_12_6_eagles-1.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Thanks! I love the Loons, too. Had an Eagle fly over here a few days ago. There's a few around here, but we had a lot more where I lived in NH. Here's a pic of a pair that were in a tree in our front yard in NH.

2011_12_6_eagles-1.jpg

Epic photo, dang!  Think we have 6 or better just around our little 220 acre lake.   I'll see if I can grab one when they are coming in hot but it will be with a cell phone...  Stand by a day or so.  FWIW, almost had a 2-3 year old (guess) black bear in the trucks front end 2.5 hours ago while doing 60.  That would have sucked and thankfully he changed direction and went back towards the woods.  :bc: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jammin said:

Epic photo, dang!  Think we have 6 or better just around our little 220 acre lake.   I'll see if I can grab one when they are coming in hot but it will be with a cell phone...  Stand by a day or so.  FWIW, almost had a 2-3 year old (guess) black bear in the trucks front end 2.5 hours ago while doing 60.  That would have sucked and thankfully he changed direction and went back towards the woods.  :bc: 

Looking forward to the pic :bc:

Nicole and I were just sitting out on the deck listening to the Loons. We are in between 2 lakes and are lucky to hear them from both lakes :good: 

18 hours ago, ckf said:

Looking forward to the pic :bc:

Nicole and I were just sitting out on the deck listening to the Loons. We are in between 2 lakes and are lucky to hear them from both lakes :good: 

No Eagle today so we wait.....  Did see this young one on the way into town about 1 hour ago tho. :bc:

20160819_120754.jpg

67, cloudy with rain showers has been todays theme. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, jammin said:

No Eagle today so we wait.....  Did see this young one on the way into town about 1 hour ago tho. :bc:

20160819_120754.jpg

67, cloudy with rain showers has been todays theme. 

Nice, I'm sure mom wasn't that far away.

Just now, jammin said:

I had my window down and was about to get out and my wife was telling me the same thing.... I think she was ducking like that would make a difference during an attack :lol: 

Probably best to stay in the car. It could have gotten ugly if you were between her and the cub.

The drone flight didn't go all that well. It's been so long since I've used it that it took forever to get all of the settings right. By the time I had everything figured out there wasn't much battery left. I'll try again as soon as my spare battery is done charging.

7 hours ago, ckf said:

The drone flight didn't go all that well. It's been so long since I've used it that it took forever to get all of the settings right. By the time I had everything figured out there wasn't much battery left. I'll try again as soon as my spare battery is done charging.

One of my buddies has a drone....he flies it over the atv derbys sometimes...gets awesome coverage.