Check your account email address ×

Anyone on the snow yet? Lets see photos

14 minutes ago, Dave said:

Cold as fawk...storm missed us like usual.

6" more has fallen in Brandon,MB already, and another 6" is expected through tomorrow.

Hardest hit areas might see up to 20" by the time the storm passes... and there's 8"-12" on the ground already.....  E.P.I.C.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Im debating getting an old mach z or tcat....to hit up the warm up shacks locally... kind of a waste of money though... depending how long we head south I guess

Go for the T-cat with pipes :thumb:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Polarissledder said:

If you're 6ft 3+ and built like a shit brickhouse, then you might be a Lummox....

Momo was referring to the proper, original, Manitoba Lummox.

....other lummoxi could be 'ginger' 'corn field' .....   :ashamed:

ginger lummox FTW

12 minutes ago, Polarissledder said:

6" more has fallen in Brandon,MB already, and another 6" is expected through tomorrow.

Hardest hit areas might see up to 20" by the time the storm passes... and there's 8"-12" on the ground already.....  E.P.I.C.

Hopefully it doesn't get to windy for you guys before it settles.

Just now, Dave said:

Hopefully it doesn't get to windy for you guys before it settles.

On the contrary, its supposed to be 60km gusting to 70k... which is perfect for in the bush where we ride...  hilltops bare, bowls, valleys, and meadows FULL... 

12" snow equals 24" in the low spots.... with lots of soft drifts to bust....

*crossing fingers

Just now, Polarissledder said:

On the contrary, its supposed to be 60km gusting to 70k... which is perfect for in the bush where we ride...  hilltops bare, bowls, valleys, and meadows FULL... 

12" snow equals 24" in the low spots.... with lots of soft drifts to bust....

*crossing fingers

:bc:

i just cant get into that for very long....they have these great big hills in BC for that. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

:lol:

True. You can get the noise and a great handling sled for smooth fast trails :bc: 

For a couple 1000 more you can get a machz 1000....but i dont think i could handle the breakdown anxiety just for a warm up shack sled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

While true enough, with the ZR900, you get cheaper engine parts, probably better fuel economy, and you don't have the Theif River hand grenade stock.

Explain trf hand grenade.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Head to Quebec. Grooming has started around Mt Valin :bc:

Hope to get a couple of days in before Christmas, and then I have the family trip after Christmas, I'm thinking QC with the wife in Feb and then a boys trip in QC or ON March, and hopefully lots of midwestern riding when I'm not on the big trips :bc:

We should do a east meets west FSCE trip in QC, we could all meet in Mont Laurier then rip up to Chibougamau, or better yet Mont Valin seeing I have never been :thumb:

• Like 1

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Hope to get a couple of days in before Christmas, and then I have the family trip after Christmas, I'm thinking QC with the wife in Feb and then a boys trip in QC or ON March, and hopefully lots of midwestern riding when I'm not on the big trips :bc:

We should do a east meets west FSCE trip in QC, we could all meet in Mont Laurier then rip up to Chibougamau, or better yet Mont Valin seeing I have never been :thumb:

That would be a lot of fun. The Lac St Jean area is very nice. I'm surprised you have never been. Although we could probably get a bigger crew together if we did it in Maine :dunno: 

Just now, ckf said:

That would be a lot of fun. The Lac St Jean area is very nice. I'm surprised you have never been. Although we could probably get a bigger crew together if we did it in Maine :dunno: 

I've been to Relais 22, Roberval, Chibougamau, Sept Ile, etc., just never made it through Saguenay or the east side of Lac St. Jean, we tried to make to Valin last January but we ran out of snow about 50 miles north of St. Joseph-de Mekinac :(

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I've been to Relais 22, Roberval, Chibougamau, Sept Ile, etc., just never made it through Saguenay or the east side of Lac St. Jean, we tried to make to Valin last January but we ran out of snow about 50 miles north of St. Joseph-de Mekinac :(

I've been there two times with @Angry ginger One time I broke a chain on my Renegade in L 'Etape when we were staying at the Holiday Inn in Jonquiere. A buddy and I waited about 8 hours for Ginger and the crew to ride the 75-80 miles back to the hotel to get the truck and trailer. Jeff thought he knew a shortcut and ended up getting them lost :lol: I ended up renting a T660 for the rest of that trip. Fun little sled when the turbo kicked in :bc: 

27 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I have seen 10,000 mile T-Cats and the drive clutch was never an issue, and no one beat on T-Cats or four stroke Yammies like Thundercat man did.

I've seen 3k mile T cats have the primary explode, I even towed one in 1 foot of water on top of the ice for 15 miles with my 20,000 mile skidoo Summit. :lol::bc: