Check your account email address ×

Anyone try Iracing?

29 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Anybody sign up for iracing?

Thinking of giving it a try. Looks like it would be pretty fun.

Any computer or wheel recommendations?

I got a thrustmaster wheel for my Xbox One. Need a cockpit for it, takes up too much room with the one I made out of 2x4’s and a stair tread.  Not sure what wheels are the best anymore. Mine is like 8 years old. :bc: 

1 hour ago, CheezusXR8 said:

I got a thrustmaster wheel for my Xbox One. Need a cockpit for it, takes up too much room with the one I made out of 2x4’s and a stair tread.  Not sure what wheels are the best anymore. Mine is like 8 years old. :bc: 

I went to the web site yesterday too look it over. They list a bunch of options for wheels from $300 to $2000. Obviously I'm looking at the cheaper models and it looks like the thrustmaster stuff is pretty good.

A comfortable setup is a must if you are going to race for an hour or 2.

1 minute ago, Roosting said:

I went to the web site yesterday too look it over. They list a bunch of options for wheels from $300 to $2000. Obviously I'm looking at the cheaper models and it looks like the thrustmaster stuff is pretty good.

A comfortable setup is a must if you are going to race for an hour or 2.

Yeah it gets real frustrating when the wheel and pedals don’t stay put. I think my wheel has belt driven force feedback. I believe they make direct drive ones now that are better. I played some on the new nascar game.  The dirt tracks and small tracks are fun. The big tracks weren’t as fun imo. 
  :bc: 

2 hours ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Yeah it gets real frustrating when the wheel and pedals don’t stay put. I think my wheel has belt driven force feedback. I believe they make direct drive ones now that are better. I played some on the new nascar game.  The dirt tracks and small tracks are fun. The big tracks weren’t as fun imo. 
  :bc: 

I had a WoO sprint car game for Xbox. Took a while to get the hang of it but I kicked that games ass. Once I got good at it I could pick the hi line, center and low line and out smart the game as it would block you if you got too predictable.

I'm thinking the iracing WoO is the same basic thing. That's what I want to try. Plus you get to race against real people and not the computer.

5 hours ago, CheezusXR8 said:

I'm a fan of American Racers.  

4 hours ago, Roosting said:

I had a WoO sprint car game for Xbox. Took a while to get the hang of it but I kicked that games ass. Once I got good at it I could pick the hi line, center and low line and out smart the game as it would block you if you got too predictable.

I'm thinking the iracing WoO is the same basic thing. That's what I want to try. Plus you get to race against real people and not the computer.

Could you throw dirty sliders in it?

It is hard to beat Gran Turismo Sport on PlayStation for "simulation" style game play. But because it is backed by the FIA. And the hold real tournaments and the like, it requires a constant internet connection. If you are using a PC  or Xbox one, Forza Motorsport/Forza Horizon ftmfw. I have a PS4 and a PC and I haven't bothered to buy a Gran Turismo in over a decade.

In my opinion, Forza is by far the superior game. Gran Turismo may have some very slight "more realistic driving experience" but that does not out weigh what it lacks compared to Forza.

In Forza, you can tune pretty much every measurable thing on a vehicle as well as engine swaps, aspiration changes and drivetrain swaps. Gran Turismo won't let you do that other than some aspiration changes but for some reason it will only allow certain cars to be fitted with turbos or a supercharger.

Forza also is way better visually especially when in comes to in car views when driving.

I don't know anything about Iracing but if I was looking for a racing game that is fantastic both offline by myself or online against friends/random people, it is extremely hard to beat Forza Motorsport.

Edited by Tomas.