Check your account email address ×

All these people were so oppressed this behavior is completely justified right lmao

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Stolen comment:

Out here in the exurbs, no one ever harangues you for trying to enjoy your burger without a side of woke politics.

Those of us who have been out here for a long time are going to profit mightily, selling our homes at obscene prices to refugees from the city, and then retiring to an even quieter life even further out in the sticks.

Real estate by me has been red hot going on 6 years now and even more so recently. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

Real estate by me has been red hot going on 6 years now and even more so recently. 

It’s insane up here...everybody is trying to escape! 🤣

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s insane up here...everybody is trying to escape! 🤣

Its insane by us. But everyone who lives where i do is a former Illinois resident for various reasons. The building codes are designed to keep the riff raff out of there and people go absolutely nuts if there is even talks of any type of "low income" or multi family housing. Like your life will be threatened. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Snake said:

Stolen comment:

Out here in the exurbs, no one ever harangues you for trying to enjoy your burger without a side of woke politics.

Those of us who have been out here for a long time are going to profit mightily, selling our homes at obscene prices to refugees from the city, and then retiring to an even quieter life even further out in the sticks.

I was just thinking through that exact scenario.  Home prices here are crazy.  Place down the street was just asking $650k.  

Thinking a house on 40 acres in the Black Hills for $700k might do the trick.  https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19170-Elk-Run-Ln-Belle-Fourche-SD-57717/194899436_zpid/

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Anler said:

Its insane by us. But everyone who lives where i do is a former Illinois resident for various reasons. The building codes are designed to keep the riff raff out of there and people go absolutely nuts if there is even talks of any type of "low income" or multi family housing. Like your life will be threatened. :lol:

It's not their life they are worried about. It's their property values. For many people their primary home is a big part of their retirement plan.

13 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

It's not their life they are worried about. It's their property values. For many people their primary home is a big part of their retirement plan.

I know what it is. Most people who live near me are white flighters. Ive been seeing that my whole life. 

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I was just thinking through that exact scenario.  Home prices here are crazy.  Place down the street was just asking $650k.  

Thinking a house on 40 acres in the Black Hills for $700k might do the trick.  https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19170-Elk-Run-Ln-Belle-Fourche-SD-57717/194899436_zpid/

nice spot

I want out of my house but i'd rent till the next crash.  i won't move to the sticks so renting for 2-3 years would work just fine.  appraisal just came back on my place at 719 when i renewed my LOC,  don't think i would get that TBH but high 6's and then wait to buy something here for 300k and something in the south for 300.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Come on , ribs , yellow rice , collards. Id eat it if I was the only white dude in the place.

x2